Golder Associates Principal Reviews | Glassdoor

Golder Associates Principal Reviews

Found 7 reviews

4.5
Hisham Mahmoud

"Great place to grow as a professional engineer/scientist"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Golder Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Good work environment, team attitude, opportunity for advancement, and caring for staff’s well-being are just some of the “pros”. Golder is a great place to work - for those that are not afraid of work! The firm provides a career development plan for each staff and also recognizes and develops “high performers”. Furthermore, being an employee-owned company has several benefits.

Cons

Sometimes you will need to log long-hours due to client demands.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Golder Associates2018-01-05
  2. "Principal"

Former Employee - Principal

I worked at Golder Associates full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Vision for continued employee ownership. High quality technical personnel in geosciences, mining, and environmental.

Cons

Culture transitioning to short-term profit-driven focus. Lack good project management and client development.

Advice to Management

Be strategic in the retention of top performing personnel.

Golder Associates2017-04-27

"Disaster"

Current Employee - Principal in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Golder Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The Company has been terminating the employment of "leaders" that brought us to the deplorable condition in which we find ourselves today.

Cons

Too many to list. The "leadership" for the past 7-8 years in the U.S. and globally, should be a case study in how to destroy a great company. Ridiculous overhead costs for supposed human development training was a disaster. Layer upon layer of management related "teams" were useless and blocked the individual entrepreneurship the company was founded on. Although I am one, the Principal and Associate system is now out...

Advice to Management

We hope that our new management continues to clean house. Former management was extremely bloated, pompous, and beyond ineffective. Return the company to the principles that made it successful.

Golder Associates2015-10-10
  4. "Principals"

Current Employee - Principal

I have been working at Golder Associates

Pros

Freedom to excel, entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

None, great company to work for.

Golder Associates2015-06-08

"A great company for a life long career"

Current Employee - Principal in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Golder Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

This employee owned company strives to be the best in the industry and rewards dedicated, hard working, intelligent employees with abundant opportunities. To enjoy the collegial atmosphere you will need to take pride in your ownership of the company and be committed to serving clients at the highest level.

Cons

We compete with the "big boys" but struggle without their resources. We also struggle to maintain our culture and identity as we grow.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core business. Fully evaluate the ROI on all investments. Don't waste our limited financial resources.

Golder Associates2014-06-25

"Principal Scientist"

Former Employee - Principal Scientist in Melbourne

I worked at Golder Associates full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Salary good. Support staff and junior staff were mostly good. Good office space.

Cons

Poor management. Associates and Partners mostly protecting their turf. Technical firm run mostly by closed-door introverts. Stock ownership for privileged. If you are outside of stock, you are not part of decision making, no matter level of technical seniority. No real vision in my office or in my department nationally. Company spent too much time playing musical chairs planning moves and occasional parties. Partners...

Advice to Management

Yea, bring in outside staff with new ideas. Oh, and maybe read your 10 page memo on subject. But then you should also listen to these people. (I was one of them.) Maybe listen next time instead of just optimizing office space and doing SSDD.

Golder Associates2018-05-29

"Was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Principal

I worked at Golder Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Long, established history and great reputation. Pride in technical excellence and freedom to excel. Good values espoused. Most of my first 20-odd years there was great. Leaving was like walking out on a failed marriage.

Cons

As a company, lost its way somewhat in the last 4/5 years. A combination of rapid growth, lackluster leadership and disconnect between senior owners, managers and staff.

Advice to Management

Under new leadership now, seems to have reversed trend of indecision. A word of advice, fix, streamline, but don't destroy the culture that was once the cornerstone of Golder's success.

Golder Associates2015-10-11