What people are saying about Goldman Sachs
Help my fiancé get a job at Morgan Stanley or Deloitte; my fiancé is a CFP & CPA Macc with eight years of experience. She is looking for a job at Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, or JPMorgan Chase. We are in central Florida & she is looking to work hybrid or remotely. I am also happy to reciprocate through my connections at Goldman Sachs, Jefferies, GFI Group, and PwC. Thank you so much for your help. I’m pretty sure we have this taken care o, but at the same time, see how this works and help others.
Seeking referrals for Senior Engineering Leadership positions in the finance technology/banking industry. With over 15 years of experience at Goldman Sachs as an engineering expert, I possess in-depth knowledge of treasury/liquidity technology risk space and have held positions as a technical SME, architect, and program manager.
Hello fellow MBA aspirants! I’m hoping to apply to T10 grads schools within the US this year. What are the things you wish you’d have known when you were gearing up to apply? For context I am a recent US immigrant with a MS Finance (3.9 GPA) from a top 70 school and a undergrad from a top 2 (3.4 GPA) in my native country. Currently am an associate at Goldman Sachs (middle office). Any advice would be much appreciated!
Got a burning question about Goldman Sachs? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Goldman Sachs employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are smart and getting funding for projects is a lot easier here than other places I've worked" (in 1846 reviews)
- "Culture is great; everyone is on top of their game and helpful at the same time" (in 832 reviews)
- "good pay and very prestigious" (in 749 reviews)
- "The Benefits are good and is easy to navigate the firm and connect with people from any levels" (in 619 reviews)
- "the salary is good and I am very happy with it especially since I am young." (in 427 reviews)
- "2) Work Life Balance ( Practically no work life balance some times work is about 12" (in 1401 reviews)
- "Some teams work long hours and are understaffed but this is typical in banking not specific of GS" (in 1347 reviews)
- "Extended working hours Work may be on weekends" (in 621 reviews)
- "Politics is generally expected but is heavy at times leading to overall poor management and development." (in 256 reviews)
- "Very bad manager." (in 228 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Goldman Sachs and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,449 of over 18K reviews
Updated Sep 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Feb 8, 2023AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Nothing as of now from a software engineer perspective
1. Work is very bad and you will just be engaged in sending data here and there and from a software engineer perspective it is not at all with your aspiration. 2. No software development hygiene is followed. 3. No reviews of code, engineers just pushing code and doing random testing make it worst. 4. Zero job security, and you can get a immediate firing call and what make it worse is that they don't even have any reason for firing 5. With these decisions seems like upper management is dumb and they call themselves investment bank :)
- 5.0Jul 4, 2022Summer Analyst - Engineering 2021Former Intern, less than 1 yearSingapore
The internship program is very well structured and offers immense opportunities to lean about SWE as well as the various divisions in GS. The senior management is very approachable and takes a keen interest in the overall learning trajectory of the interns
Can be a bit stressful when deadlines are approaching