KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Goldstar Events Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2021

Found 32 of over 35 reviews

3.8
Goldstar Events CEO Jim McCarthy (no image)
Jim McCarthy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits, fast(in 8 reviews)
  • "first culture (even before the pandemic)(in 4 reviews)
  • "The other employees were genuinely friendly people and fun to be around, both in and out of the office.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great benefits packages.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Amazing company culture, management is fantastic and great perks in and out of the office (comps to concerts and sports!).(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 16, 2021 - Venue Manager in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Great co-workers. Love the industry.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good if you just want a chill job for a while

Oct 9, 2021 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very self-directed, the opposite of micromanagement - Fair starting pay - Remote-first culture (even before the pandemic) - Not a very stressful environment as long as you're happy with what you're doing This is a great part-time job for a steady paycheck while working freelance/on your own projects, or if you're burnt out and want something for a while that's not challenging or stressful. It would also be a decent entry-level job to get your foot in the door.

Cons

- Very little growth opportunity - Pay doesn't scale well over time I would not recommend staying at this company for long if you want any sort of career growth or even just to keep up with your peers. Raises are few and far between. Promotions are virtually nonexistent for the content team. If you stay longer than two years, your pay and position will fall behind relative to others of your experience.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0

Excellent Company Culture & Positive Environment

Jun 14, 2021 - Listing Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at many jobs where managers have claimed that "We're all a family here" - but only at Goldstar did that actually feel true. Management at Goldstar genuinely cares about fostering a good work environment and positive company culture, which doesn't just show in the perks - monthly catered lunches, happy hours, truly incredible Christmas parties, not to mention more free tickets to live events than I could ever possibly hope to use - but also in how they treat their employees behind the scenes. During my time at Goldstar I had a brief dispute with the company over a miscommunication regarding my benefits package. When higher-ups reviewed the situation, they apologized for the confusion and compensated me for the money that I was owed. I felt heard and respected in a way I haven't at other jobs. Although I was a part-time remote employee, I came into the office at least once a month for company-wide meetings and would often stay the whole day because of the enjoyable atmosphere. The other employees were genuinely friendly people and fun to be around, both in and out of the office. Even over drinks after work, none of the full-timers had anything bad to say about their experiences at the company. I really felt lucky to work there. As a part-timer with other freelance clients, the stability of and flexibility of the work was ideal and allowed me to pursue a variety of opportunities that would not have been possible otherwise.

Cons

The hourly rate for the work I was doing was not good, and there was no standardized performance review/raise system in place. I worked 20-30 hours a week for five years with zero negative feedback on my performance, and only received two minor raises in my first year and a half with the company, and none for the remaining three.

4. 5.0

Strong Leadership, Smart/Caring family oriented culture, Fast Paced

May 5, 2021 - Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, culture, awesome technology, always motivated by growth

Cons

at the mercy of partnerships and a rapidly changing industry which causes friction to keep up

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Supportive leadership team, open to ideas and supportive of growth

Apr 9, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership regularly updates everyone on company's current status and goals. Generous benefits. Opportunities for growth. Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and back them up with data. Nimble and always adapting.

Cons

People wear a few too many hats. Job roles can be simplified and focused a bit more.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Mar 16, 2021 - Editor in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

•Tons of freedom —Choose your own schedule —WFH, or on the beach while vacationing—as long as you can log on and complete your shift, you’re good to go •no babysitting—once trained, no one will hover over you. •Solid hourly rate for a freelancer who needs a steady supplement for his income

Cons

Writing up the events can get a lil repetitive/boring

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tech Boys Clubs

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a relatively chill work environment and the work-life balance was pretty good.

Cons

This was a very stereotypical boys club. To get ahead, you had to stroke the ego of your manager.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Established company that hasn't lost its start up mentality

Jan 20, 2021 - Venue Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can build amazing relationships with your organizers and co-workers. You do feel fulfilled when a promotion or project is complete. If you love the arts, music, and entertainment; you're in luck because you'll be constantly interacting with like-minded individuals. CEO, CFO and other leadership really do care about their employees which is refreshing. They were in tears when they had to furlough and let people go during the pandemic. They provide great benefits(health, vision, 401k match) and always find ways to make work fun with tickets to events, lunches, parties etc.

Cons

You are working like it is a start-up. The work/life balance is not great, but they tell you that going in (at least they did for me). The onboarding was sink or swim and I think management realized they needed to change how they bring in new hires after multiple people flamed out quickly. You need to be a problem solver who can adapt, change, and learn on the fly because things move FAST.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great team to be a part of.

Sep 19, 2020 - Copywriter in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic staff, and senior management is always looking to the future and value more than just the bottom line.

Cons

Advancement track isn't always clear.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture and Smart People

Jun 30, 2020 - SEO Copywriter in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful. It's truly a no-drama atmosphere with knowledgeable people. Great autonomy at each position, plus you can have a life while getting things done. There's also lots of free food with healthy options.

Cons

The company is going through hard times because it's tied to events during a pandemic, but I honestly can't think of any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews

Goldstar Events Reviews FAQs

Goldstar Events has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Goldstar Events to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Goldstar Events employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Goldstar Events. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of Goldstar Events employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Goldstar Events 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Goldstar Events to be coworkers, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, diversity and inclusion, career development.

Popular Careers with Goldstar Events Job Seekers