GolfNow Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

GolfNow Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2019

4.6
GolfNow President Mike McCarley (no image)
Mike McCarley
  1. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seriously awesome family environment. Great benefits and great incentives.

Cons

Many hoops to jump through in order to get the job done sometimes. Must be very organized and good with prioritization.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving and taking smart risks!

GolfNow2019-04-08
  2. "Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Marketing Manager

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, pay is decent, nice perks, great co-workers

Cons

Tough to progress your career

GolfNow2019-03-11
  3. "Professional and Solid Job"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with fun golf services. Cultural for the most part was laid back.

Cons

Getting things done in IT was rough sometimes. There were some bad new hires in the department and tough to get website stuff fixed.

Advice to Management

Seemed pretty good direction and strategy when I was there.

GolfNow2019-01-05

"Great for getting experience, but beware of constant role/structural changes and top-heavy hierarchy."

Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So much room for growth and pretty cool people.

Cons

Way too many Directors and up. Not enough “doers”. There’s a lot of pressure from multiple directions to start many different tasks and projects on the whim of management. Then, you do the work and it’s already been forgotten. You’re expected to be responsive to email 24/7. There’s no prioritizing because every little thing is urgent.

Advice to Management

Protect your team, learn the word “no.” Maybe more people will stick around. We all want to work hard for you but it’s going to be a burnout when it’s consistent.

GolfNow2018-08-29

"GolfNow Review"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work - flexible hours and great benefits. Passionate people on your team.

Cons

Culture could use some diversity. Handful of women and not much ethnicity on the team.

GolfNow2018-01-22

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people! Fast paced, innovative company with many opportunities for growth and development!

Cons

Some processes can be lengthy and cumbersome due to the nature of being under the Fortune 40 umbrella of Comcast.

GolfNow2017-08-01

"GolfNow Cares, period."

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GolfNow Cares, while not only the name for our 24/7 customer service team and a testament to how we view our customers and golfers, is a mantra displayed by management to their employees as well. I was recently invited to participate in a Talent Lab class, one of our parent company NBCU's professional development courses. This involved taking a trip to NBCU HQ at 30 Rock in NYC to visit the physical Talent Lab and experience a 2 day course centered around helping me better understand who I am and INFLUENCE (the name of the exact course) those around me. I have been to 30 Rock as a tourist many times, but to go as an employee was very cool. And I have a return trip still ahead of me for the final lab. GolfNow cares about their people. They want to see you succeed, and will invest in you so you can get better.

Cons

Like any remote sales employee would say, being away from HQ and family has its challenges, but that was fully expected going on. The culture, camaraderie, and people more than make up for it.

Advice to Management

Thanks for truly caring about your people. Keep it up.

GolfNow2017-03-22

"Connecting the World to Golf"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GolfNow, part of Golf Channel/NBC Sports, is an organization with great culture, people, and opportunities to grow. There are many different product offerings that have added value to golf course operations, especially in the past year. The changes in management have also been a breath of fresh air, and the company is on pace to do great things in the coming years.

Cons

A company car would be a great perk based on how much travel we do week in and week out. The constant travel can become difficult to have a work/life balance. Along with this, the technology is behind, and we have opportunities to make a large impact if we can figure out a few, key areas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing all the right things and we will find success. Hire the right people, train them, and retain them.

GolfNow2017-02-14

"Senior Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many pros but what stands out most is the culture of this company. A goal is to keep the 'start up' mentality in the sense of being innovative and fun. It is absolutely the case here. MSM compensation could arguably be a little bit higher but in the last three years that has been adjusted each year positively. The products are industry-leading and GolfNow is the 'gorilla in the marketplace' as we are commonly referred. It isn't a bad thing because what we provide is superior to much of what is out there and no single company can offer the wide range of solutions we have. Training is awesome but even as a golfer it took me a year to get my feet under me. Flexibility in the field to work from home and be trusted to get the job done is great. There are many more pros I am missing but I can't endorse the company enough.

Cons

It can be a stressful job. Especially for MSMs who may receive calls from clients seven days a week. Clients can be difficult/unprofessional but that can be expected anywhere. In Orlando there is a lot of opportunity to quickly advance your career but once you get into the field it becomes difficult. Work/Life balance can be tough, especially with kids. It isn't necessarily expected but everyone works very hard so it breeds a sense of always needing to check e-mail/be attentive. In the field it is even more difficult because you never leave 'the office'. Management has always been very supportive of time-off/personal time though, so perhaps it is just my perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. In the time I have been with the company every year has improved and I fully expect that to continue. Thanks!

GolfNow2017-01-29

"Great place to work"

Market Sales Manager

I have been working at GolfNow

Pros

GolfNow is a growing company that is the leader in tee time technology and distribution. It has the full support of not only Golf Channel, but also Comcast, and it is able to leverage this support to continue to develop best in class solutions for their course partners. I personally enjoy working for GolfNow, and also enjoy the people I work with. It is a very positive work environment full of hungry young professionals. I have learned a great deal about corporate America, and how to handle myself in a corporate environment.

Cons

Despite the GolfNow's large parent, Golfnow still operates as a start up. While this mentality has positive attributes, there are instances where employees have felt the burden of GolfNow growing at such an alarming rate, and the burden of management at times not knowing how to handle the growth.

Advice to Management

In the last year management at GolfNow has turned a corner and appear to have learned from the past to create a better future for the employees. My advice would be to keep going on this path, as GolfNow truly is a great place to work.

GolfNow2017-01-17