GolfNow "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

GolfNow Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 14, 2017

4.2
GolfNow President Mike McCarley (no image)
Mike McCarley
Pros
  • "Beautiful campus shared with our parent company’s HQ- Golf Channel(in 16 reviews)

• "Great benefits and great incentives(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Advancement only if you are sleeping with the boss or part of the good ole boys club of upper management(in 7 reviews)

• "Unfortunately many golf courses do not like GolfNow whatsoever so it can get old dealing with them daily(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very down to earth atmosphere.

Cons

Its a coin flip if you receive a good manager who actually knows what they are doing. Upper Management has gone through 3 reorgs in 3 years which doesn't make employees underneath of them feel very comfortable with where the company is headed. If your female you will never be promoted .... never. Its a man's world that I don't see changing anytime soon.

Advice to Management

They say they are a EEOC work environment, but I haven't seen this since starting. Maybe practice what you preach.

GolfNow2017-12-15

"Used and abused"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits because the company is part of the Golf Channel/NBC. Very nice cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch. Lots of young people work there

Cons

Terrible upper management whom wants you to be a workaholic and live in the office. Makes everyone interview 2 or 3 times for a promotion. They will also tell you one thing and turn around and do the opposite. Tons of turnover, mostly from people quitting.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. If your going to talk the talk then you better walk the walk. Or your employees are going to continue to walk out on you

GolfNow2016-06-23

"Good ole boys club"

Former Employee - CSA in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun working environment, decent pay, plenty of resources to do your job, great giveaway items, discount Universal theme park tickets - sometimes free.

Cons

Advancement only if you are sleeping with the boss or part of the good ole boys club of upper management. Expected to be "on call" on nights and weekends. If you don't answer an email on your personal time you are reprimanded by your boss. Separating work time and personal time is impossible. I get that golf's busiest times are weekends so they should have a weekend staff to handle these changes/updates.

Advice to Management

Stop sleeping with your direct reports and promoting them because they are your buddies!

GolfNow2016-02-03

"Looks good from far away but HORRIBLE place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

The brand name itself is nice to have on your business card. Good benefits. Cool off-site locations to go to if you are ever part of the "club".

Cons

Unless you have no problem kissing tail to get to the top, this place is awful. The only people who have a chance to get promoted are young females or guys that kiss up so much they forget which day of the week it is. Thought you were going to work Monday - Friday?? Nope. You are told to be on the computer at least 3 times per day on weekends. Upper management doesn't care about anyone who isn't bowing at the feet... of the folks in charge. They try to act like they are the next APPLE and even compare themselves to Steve Jobs. Ever wonder why they are constantly hiring? It's not because of 1000% growth. It's because most people quit or get fired. Unless you are in the "click" you have no chance here. The people in charge won't even look at you if you are low on the totem pole. Unfortunately the customer (Golf courses) suffer because GolfNow is so busy trying to show how big of a monster they are, instead of focusing on service. I've seen good people get promoted to manager and then they turn into rude jerks because they are instructed to. You've been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop for 2 seconds to appreciate the people that actually make the wheels turn. Wouldn't hurt to learn a name and make eye contact and maybe even say "hello". Learn the definition of a good work/life balance.

GolfNow2015-11-13

"Little Reward for Hard Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers are great, saying you get to work for The Golf Channel is cool, plenty of vacation/personal/sick days.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected to what would actually make GolfNow a "great place to work" - a huge initiative they are making this year. No, a monthly webinar and newsletter will not make us more motivated to work. Pay people what they deserve and acknowledge hard work with more than a pat on the back.

Advice to Management

Consider talking to your staff and giving real answers about the state of the company and opportunities that are available. None of this hoo-rah talk, have an honest conversation. Think outside the people you continuously promote and shuffle around to new positions.

GolfNow2014-11-08

"Ugh."

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would say that the only positives about working at this company are my co-workers and the water bottle I was able to score.

Cons

If I had to pick one word to describe the upper management at GolfNow it would be awful... no pathetic... no abysmal... yeah, let's go with abysmal. They are greedy, selfish, dishonest, disloyal, and all-in-all awful individuals who do not care about their employees one bit. All they care about is lining their own pockets with more and more money. Everyone outside of upper management does all the work yet they are... the ones who not only benefit, but take all the credit. The morale in the Orlando office is unbelievably bad across all departments. It is evident by the EXTREMELY high turnover rate, responses given to company surveys, and overall vibe while walking the hallways. Is upper management aware of the issues? Absolutely. Do they do anything about it? Absolutely not. They simply do not care. A direct quote from one of the SVPs "If they are unhappy here it only means that they are weak, they are not GolfNow material. Let them go." Quality stuff right there huh? They truly think that we should all just be grateful to have the privilege to work for them and that we can't do any better. Well guess what? We can. And that is why so many people are leaving. Including myself. I cannot wait to walk out the door for the very last time. I yearn for that final exhale of breath as the front door closes behind me... I will dance and skip all the way across the parking lot, raising my hands to the sky in gratitude for getting me out of this hell...leaving a trail of obscenities directed at management in my wake. Do yourself a favor. Never, ever go to work for this company. It will suck the life out of you, make you miserable, and worst of all will affect the relationships you have outside of work. Don't do that to yourself and don't do that to your loved ones. Life is too short my friends...

Advice to Management

Take an interest in those that are making you rich. Show some compassion and at least act like you care. And learn how to properly set budgets/goals for God's sake.

GolfNow2014-09-26

"Awful. Just awful."

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coffee in the break room is good. The filtered water tastes pretty good.

Cons

- very low morale - turnover is out of control - sales goals are impossible to beat so corporate can justify paying less to employees - 24/7 job - huge disconnect between upper management and regular employees - a lot of promotions have been questionable

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that there are no problems in the organization. Explain to the sales team where this magical budget number comes from and what the thought process was behind it.

GolfNow2014-09-10