Gonzaba Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

William Gonzaba, M.D.

"NRCMA"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Oppertunities for advancement are everywhere being part of GMG allows us to explore and grow with in our company which is a Big plus and usually why people stay with Gonzaba Medical Group for a long time.

Cons

Parking is hectic for employes but we do have a busy clinic and we share a parking lot with patients but our patients come first so we park as far as we can to allow our patients closer parking spaces

Advice to Management

I think advancing to management is a must we got to grow and move up and see not only what they offer us but what we can give back to the company

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

Thank you for your review. With the Gonzaba Event Center opening recently and the relocation of several departments to that locations, the parking situation at the Main Clinic will get better within ... More

2. "Huge opportunities"

Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good job with opportunities for advancements. Good place to retire. Great training!!
    Great benifit package.

Cons

You won't make your fortune here and will be threatened with being written up often.
    Most people are work 2 jobs because of the low pay.

Advice to Management

Better pay for all the hard work will keep people longer.

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We would like to discuss your situation further. Please contact the HR Department and ask to speak with a manager.

3. "nah"

Former Employee - N/A in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - N/A in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance cheap for employees and UC visits are cheap

Cons

The pay rate is based on the demographically set area of the Southside of San Antonio Texas

Advice to Management

Pay should be according to the cost of living of where the employee lives in the city.

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are evaluating our compensation plan and comparing it with information provided by major hospitals, group practices, and employers across San Antonio and the Bexar ... More

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Several staff are hard workers (because they fear for their jobs)

Cons

CEO has frequently requested for managers to do things that are not ethical

Advice to Management

Management is replaced very frequently within this organization

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

"Extreme hostile work environment where the CEO, Dr. Bill Gonzaba, leads by unethical discriminative values."

Current Employee - In the Business Area of the Medical Group in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - In the Business Area of the Medical Group in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some great leaders within the organization trying to do the right thing for the community they serve.

Cons

CEO's narcissistic personality tarnishes the reputation and image of the organization by making decisions that best serve his interest and ego. Greed is the driving force behind the success and CEO is focused on ways to make a better dollar, at all cost, regardless of patient care. Most patient's are Spanish speaking and don't know that there are better place and come in for multiple visits for a simple cold because of directive by CEO to do as little as possible and continue with recurring visits to maximize payments on each visit.

Advice to Management

Retire the CEO and some members of the family that are poisoning the community with their greed and malicious behaviors. Even with several patient's that have died, they continue to bring patient's from going to the hospital in fear of a high cost visit in their capitated business. Their actions risk patient lives and that is not what quality healthcare is about. "leader in capitation" is really leader in how to make money and lower the quality of care without being caught.

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

"CEO, Dr. Bill, is too autocratic, arbitrary, and unilateral."

Former Employee - Physician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Physician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Group has hospitalists on staff so that primary care providers only have to work 8 to 5 daily, Mo to Fr.

Cons

You must be liked by Dr. Bill and his two physician sons in order to survive working there. If you are an attractive female provider, your chances improve dramatically.

Advice to Management

Dr. Bill should step down and let the company be run by a professional management team that will correct the above cons.

"Unusual place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A national leader in capitation.

Cons

All major decisions are made by the Owner. Extremely high turnover in high level positions during the last ten years. Some members of the Executive Leadership team stay 2-3 months.

Advice to Management

Very little is accomplished without dedicated employees.

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

9. "Very good--Not a disgruntled former employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time

Pros

Great relationships and patients. Not micro-managed. The owner is a very nice person to work for.It is a "like family"culture.

Cons

benefits could be better--but will be soon.

Advice to Management

Be more cautious in hiring.Train more carefully.

Sep 18, 2016 – Corporate Trainer / Recruiter

"Very Disorganized and Distrustful Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

"Free" medical care. This organization has some great employees that are loyal and dependable. Salary is average to above the standards.

Cons

No work/life balance if you are a manager or supevisor. The owner and upper management is very distrustful of each other and all the employees. They also seem to be ethically challenged.

Advice to Management

management needs training. Remember employees want to do a good job and can be trusted to make decisions. Life is too short for all the drama!

11. "LVN Case Managment"

I worked at Gonzaba Medical Group full-time

Pros

Very busy with lots of opportunity to help people in the community

Cons

there are not many options to advance in the company

Advice to Management

better managers