Good Sam Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Good Sam Enterprises CEO Marcus Lemonis
Marcus Lemonis
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "they were really good"

Pros

good pay
    cool people
    fun
    have fun is what its all about

Cons

long work hours
    hot
    not nice
     yea it can be hot some times but its not that bad

2. "Service technician"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Madison, WI

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good people who work for the company. They make lunch on some Saturdays.

Cons

The pay system constantly changes and is promised that it is better than the old system, but it never is. The management is constantly changing (every year). There is very little organization and the environment is chaotic. The benefits are very expressive on the employee end.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

"Unbelivable Work Place"

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business Units and Technical departments work professionally and up to typically work place standards.

Cons

In the call center level most supervisors achieved their positions by being promoted from agent levels positions, therefor have no education background or professionalism outside of call centers. They are often drinking on the job, smoking marijuana in their cars and can be found in the offices speaking derogatory about staff rather then being innovated and proactive about their job functions. Most agents lack morals and professional however since senior staff members lack them as well, there is no one to model the correct behaviors after. The concept of company values, does not exist here. Sexual harassment is present daily, HR is not located at the center and senior management could not management their own lives rather than an actually organization.

Advice to Management

Employ a system for harassment. Employ values for the organization. Start to test your management for drinking problems while on the clock. Start to drug test your employees. Pay attention to the selling of drugs on the property. This company is going to start to have some MAJOR Legal issues if it does not changes it ways soon.

4. "Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Good Sam Enterprises (More than 3 years)

Pros

We made a great team

Cons

To many people wanted to be the boss

5. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Englewood, CO

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive, fun, great training, growth professionally and personally, exceptional leaders and support staff.

Cons

Transitions to new systems can be daunting,

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Call Center"

I have been working at Good Sam Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, safe environment; good shift hours, decent salary.

Cons

No on-going training after new hire training; No team meetings; Top-down management.

Advice to Management

Allow employee suggestions. The people actually doing the job are a wealth of information.

7. "No wonder they have a full time, new hire training staff, due to steady and obnoxious turnover."

Former Employee - Catalog Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Catalog Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was told that they hired the best of the best from all of the applicants, if I was a hiring manager, one of ten would have been hired.

Cons

If you are hired to take sales calls and get hired on permanent, in order to get commissions, just be prepared to have 8 out of every 10 calls be customer service calls and hearing how angry their customers are. Example: A customer calls and asks for the parts dept., we ask what store are they trying to get in contact with? They say they were calling a store, yet the call is routed into the national catalog sales, this makes them feel stupid and must have gotten the wrong number, so the correct number is given to them, and the sales rep call conversion goes down. It is a total scam to keep commissions low. There is a convoluted system to calculate commission and all I've witnessed is that the sales agents are spending most of the day tracking down special orders, emailing various company warehouses, and being treated like a child when you don't do something correct. When the training class teaches you different processes than what you actually do in the call center, it only creates a toxic and maddening environment. I've worked for many companies, this one is the worst and it's no argument.

Advice to Management

Quit, all of you. If you can't bring yourselves to do this, please hire enough Customer Service Reps in order for the people that know how to sell, be able to do just that. If I wanted to put out fires, I'd be a firefighter. If I wanted to get yelled at by customers, I'd work fast food. If I thought I'd hate the job and dread going to work every day, I never would have shown interest in the job. Do yourself a favor and Do. Not. Work. There.

8. "easy work"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Englewood, CO

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great co-workers. can make a large commission if you're on the sales/outbound team.

Cons

horrible management. too much micro-managing. horrible working hours.

Advice to Management

chill out and stop sending so much mail to your customers - they hate it.

9. "High Job Security, but comes with a price"

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Good Sam Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management very willing to meet and work with you on issues. Agents have ability to make lots in commission.

Cons

Little growth encouraged. Salary very low compared to other companies for management.

10. "IT role"

Former Employee - IT in Owatonna, MN
    Former Employee - IT in Owatonna, MN

I worked at Good Sam Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

iT was great, very flexible and easy going.

Cons

Not much, I liked working with the team