Good Samaritan Society Health Care Aide Reviews | Glassdoor

Julius van Wyk
  1. "Health Care Aide"

Former Employee - Health Care Aide in Lethbridge, AB

I worked at Good Samaritan Society full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

1. GSS north side Lethbridge provided an atmosphere where the staff could interact with each other and clients in a productive environment. 2. When it was brought to management's attention regarding ratio of lifts vs independent residents, they took steps to make the workload more reasonable

Cons

Communication between management and staff is always an area of opportunity. The over night shifts are often not considered when planning mandatory staff meetings as they are scheduled in the middle of the day (2 or 3 PM) which would the same as asking a day person to show up at 3 AM for mandatory meetings.

Advice to Management

Before approaching staff members with rumours and innuendos, my advice is to read progress notes prior to meetings for fact based information.

Good Samaritan Society2018-06-26
  2. "Good samaritan society from what i got from friends is an awesome place to be."

Current Employee - Health Care Aide in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Good Samaritan Society full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I love to make a difference in the society and I believe I am qualified for this job because of the experiences I have gotten previously and also an added advantage as a psychiatric nursing student at MacEwan university

Cons

Presently I cant or say don't have anything negative as to working there.

Advice to Management

management should learn how not to judge people base on their resume but because some people are better than what is written on their resume.

Good Samaritan Society2018-03-05

"Health Care Aide"

Current Employee - Health Care Aide

I have been working at Good Samaritan Society part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It is well managed ,everyone works hard to meet the needs of our residents.

Cons

not many full time postions

Good Samaritan Society2016-01-14

"Mainly a good experience"

Former Employee - Health Care Aid in Lethbridge, AB

I worked at Good Samaritan Society full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

GSS provides flexibility in job access to scheduling. At the end of the day/night you know you have contributed to the welfare of seniors or disadvantaged people. Staff have a chance to be creative with the residence in creating a homelike environment when given the opportunity of proper staffing.

Cons

Burnout is common due to shortage of workers on the floor during periods of high acuity. Upper and middle management have little concept of nursing as they are often without a health care background which potentially can endanger the safety of both residents and staff.

Advice to Management

If you don't have the background to truly understand the job requirements of nursing staff then take the time to job shadow so you can stay in the loop as to what is really happening on the floor. Communicate with staff about the real issues and don't hide behind policy such as best practice. Take staff seriously when they tell you a resident has become dangerous.

Good Samaritan Society2012-07-30