Good Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Good Technology Chairman and CEO Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt

Pros
  • Great people that work hard but have fun getting things done (in 16 reviews)

• Smart people who care: One of the best things working here is that you will work with smart people who care about each other (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle (in 6 reviews)

• Christy Wyatt single handedly drove the company off a cliff and into the abyss (in 7 reviews)

"Good is a GREAT place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Leadership team had a clear strategy which they proactively communicated it with employees. the COE was smart, high energy and fun.

Cons

The work was very hard but so was the payback. Good is one of few recent start-ups that did well by its employees and investors

Advice to Management

Take time off and have fun. it was hard by fun. working at Good is an experience i will always remember because of you.

2. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Very exciting with lots of opportunity

Cons

A lot to do the more successful we are

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing

3. "Awesome company to work for, a diamond in the rough"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

even though we have been around for over a decade, working here has a startup mentaility

Cons

you cannot hide under your desk and expect things to get done for you

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing, it is working

5. "Good company in a great space"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart leaders and a good product.

Cons

The environment requires work. All employees make an impact.

Advice to Management

Hire great people.

6. "Strong opportunity for the company in a dynamic marketplace"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid leadership: under Christy Wyatt, the company has begun flourishing. It has caused a bunch of turnover for older folks who don't want to embrace change, but that is completely expected. Christy is a very seasoned leader in this market space, and has a clear understanding of what we need to do in order to succeed.

Blue chip customer base: it's not everywhere you work where you can say you are interacting with the world's leading logos. It's cool to know that many of the CEOs of the world's most important companies go to sleep and wake up using Good products.

Industry leading products: widely recognized as the leader in security, dominating Blackberry in the market, and creating new technology for the mobile enterprise space on a daily basis. Seriously there is very little in the space being offered to customers that Good didn't invent first. Why? They have a strong understanding of the market space, what challenges customers are going to face, and invest in the future.

Smart people who care: One of the best things working here is that you will work with smart people who care about each other. New people are embraced and welcomed. You never ask for help and not receive it. It's probably the strongest cultural benefit.

Cons

Still maturing as a company: as mentioned in the Pros, lots of turnover as Christy creates a new culture of performance of performance and customer focus. She has brought in some great new leaders, and has held on to some of the more talented old ones. This all creates turnover, but it has stabilized.

You work hard here, and expectations are high. If you aren't passionate about what the company is doing, then you probably won't be happy here.

Advice to Management

Share more about the future vision for the company.

7. "Welcome to the new Good!"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impressive leadership team that works well together and has made massive strides forward under Christy Wyatt's leadership the past year. Industry-leading product used by half of F100 that is only getting stronger in user experience, platform and security. Just introduced cloud option. Good perks for employees: competitive comp packages, snacks and light meals (breakfast and lunch), company events (St Patty's party, Bollywood bash, Halloween dept decorating competitions, etc.) Hard working, innovative culture. Lots of career upside in a hot market with a market leader. Employees who have been here a while say this is a new Good -- you can feel the energy.

Cons

Fast growth of company can make it tough to keep up at times. Internal software/systems could be improved to further accelerate productivity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome focus and execution!

"It's great to be at Good."

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm coming up on one year anniversary (in a few months). It's been an amazing journey so far, offering me the ability to make a real difference. As the company continues its transformation, it's very clear that all cross functional teams are coming together.

Cons

It may be considered a con, but the reality that folks looking to join Good should be aware of is that we deliver results (typically in a short amount of time). Candidates should be comfortable working at a pretty fast clip.

"Good experience so far!"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

These are my first impressions as a one-month-old employee. Coming from a gigantic corporation, one of the things I appreciate most is the relative simplicity and smallness of Good--it's nice to have a clear vision, clear sense of purpose, clear roles, clear product strategy, and on-boarding is just a lot easier when you can go downstairs and see IT and HR in the flesh. But there's nothing small about the passion, innovation and opportunity--this is a company that thinks big and is poised for even bigger things as the BYOD revolution continues sweeping through businesses worldwide and secure mobility solutions become an ever-increasing necessity.

Cons

Just in terms of my job, some things are a little behind the times and resources are thin. But it's a growing company, I knew what to expect coming in, and management is giving a good indication that I'll get what I'm asking for. I also can't say I like the generic office space or my little "workbench," but at the same time it's a lively place and the kitchens are well-stocked with all kinds of free goodies.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking big!

10. "It's Good for Me"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time

Pros

I've been here for some time now now and things continue to improve.
    The senior management is not afraid to remove those managers who are not up to the job, leaving a core team that are really able to drive us forward.
    Performance and commitment are rewarded.

Cons

There's still a lot of work to do, and still a number of people who don't yet believe in the management's vision.
    Sometimes that vision is split too many ways for the current resources

Advice to Management

Give us a fighting chance to deliver something excellent

11. "Get it while the getting is GOOD!"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The talent pool is impressive and inspiring to be around. Opportunities for both career and personal growth. CEO Christy Wyatt has kept our confidence in herself and the company at an all time high.

Cons

The pace is highly demanding which can put a strain on your work-life balance, but in a world of mobility - this can be managed more efficiently than ever before.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the dream.