Goode Company Restaurants Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Goode Company Restaurants CEO Levi Goode
Levi Goode

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goode Company Restaurants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company truly does care for their people. It shows in that so many people have been around for so long. They pride themselves on opportunity to grow and advance. The benefits are good too.

Cons

Cant think of too many down sides to working here. Maybe the only thing would be a more direct path to advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We like knowing our executives and you knowing us.

2. "Use to be Goode"

Pros

Easy Money, great customers, great food

Cons

too many servers on floor to make goode money, and micro managed

"Great Co. Culture but Beware of Dept. Manager!"

Former Employee - Catering/Events in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Catering/Events in Houston, TX

Pros

Loved the company culture of the company. The pay is reasonable but not very good for the position. Upon being hired I was promised growth and advancement but unfortunately that is only true if you work for the company for 10 + years. There is very little to no growth with in the company even though you work your butt off to impress the department managers and even preform some of the managerial tasks that an hourly employee should not be doing, such as reprimanding your office team mates.

Cons

The department manager was/is condescending, passive aggressive, micromanaging and loved to delegate most of her work to the whole office team. Her door was always closed, it was also very uncomfortable whenever the manager was in a bad mood. There was a lot of confusion with the office structure, policies and procedures because they always changed and depended on the managers mood. It became a very unhappy, monotone and hostile work environment for me. I'm sure the the girls that left with in the past four years my self included would have stayed for many more years if managers attitude and values were different.

Advice to Management

Department needs to hire a qualified person with better management and people skills. Maybe they will stop loosing key employees that genuinely care for the company and want to grow the catering dept.

"Great pay for restaurant but expect having no social life"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

Great competitive pay. The managers in my location are quick to acknowledge when you do a good job. High team performance. If you request a day off, generally they are good about giving it to you.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is horrible. If they like you, you bet they will overwork you. It's great for those who want the extra OT money but they don't consider your family/social life at all. You are guaranteed to work regular business hours//all day during Easter, 4th of July, New years Eve/New Years Day.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a break once in a while, we do have families. Managers are great generally but I sometimes don't understand why they hire horrible workers and expect those that have been there longer to clean up after them. Reevaluate your new hires as the quality of your new employees has drastically fallen over the years while still holding your old employees to old/stiff standards.

"It is a friendly environment that pays better than most restaurant jobs."

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a positive atmosphere. Mangers will work with your schedule. Most positions offer 35-40 hours a week on average. Workers are strongly encouraged to work as a team. High performing employees are rewarded with a bonus once a quarter.

Cons

Shifts are seven to eights hours with no break. It is a challenge to stand on your feet all day in the beginning. You can switch positions within the restaurant , but there is little chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Offer at least a 15 minute break to employees. Ask motivated employees if there are other roles in which they may qualify. The benefits are only worthwhile for people employed for 5 plus years.

"Coworkers are great, but management not the best"

Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with
    You dont have to pay for your lunch/dinner break

Cons

Management works you hard. Little breaks

"Remarkable Development Support"

I have been working at Goode Company Restaurants full-time

Pros

Management is investing in ongoing personal development for all managers and many staff. We have access to an amazing business coach. The lessons learned are adopted from the top all through the organization. No one is above improving.

Cons

Family run businesses are always a bit different than other companies. This one shows fewer of those types of issues, but there are quirks related to this.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to communicate the long term outlook or goals for the company to your managers

"Satisfied"

I have been working at Goode Company Restaurants full-time

Pros

good pay, good benefits, match on your 401K is a huge plus good vacation time. upper management are nice guys as long as your doing your job.

Cons

to many scheduled hours per week, to many six day work weeks, family life suffers in a lot of cases, kind of a micro management atmosphere

Advice to Management

Just because you think it is a good idea doesn't mean it is. Try advertizing all the competition does, word of mouth is great but if they have never heard of us they won't talk about us.

9. "Easy work, decent pay, poor management."

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are full time the benefits are there, and I believe they are good. If you're part time, you don't get anything,

Cons

They only hire managers from outside the company. Horrible, horrible management. No performance reviews for hourly employees.

Advice to Management

They really need to reevaluate their practices for hiring management. They do not promote from within, they use a recruiter and do not perform background checks on potential managers. Management only care about their sales numbers, and very little for their employees. The management thinks they know everything and most of them act like teenagers. They have no sense of professionalism and if you have a complaint about another employee they tell you to ignore that person. The company would be amazing if it wasn't for the management.

10. "Great place to work as a server!"

Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is good, business is consistent. Clientele is good- many regulars ( I am referring to the seafood location on Westpark ) The food is great, consistent. And the kitchen cranks food out very efficiently.

Cons

Seniority and favoritism. As with any workplace - a new person will feel the negatives. It takes time to work your way up the ladder, and the turnover is low- which is actually a good sign. You won't always get the best stations in the restaurant or the best shifts. But having worked in other restaurants, you are still lucky to be employed at this spot!!!