Goodfellow Bros Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Goodfellow

1. "Sr. Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Goodfellow Bros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hard working people throughout the organization. Expanding project portfolio lead to new and exciting challenges. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Sharing of work practice, resources both people and equipment and types of project activities were not communicated across the different regions enough to real gain true value from it.

Advice to Management

More open communication and sharing of ideas needs to happen between project sites and regions.

2. "Horrible at the end!"

Former Employee - Grade Checker in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Grade Checker in Livermore, CA

I worked at Goodfellow Bros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, none. I am a union employee, if it wasn't for my union contract requirements there would be no pros.

Cons

Typical construction cons.
    Management is horrible.
    Don't expect to work overtime.
    Don't expect much as an apprentice.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly, apprentice or not. Train your foreman better. The two foreman I worked under, one was nice to me, personally. However, was rumored to not really know what he was doing. Had a fire temper and would revert to yelling and degrading of people, have it be intentional or not. The 2nd foreman was worse. He treated his apprentices like they were his personal slave, which to a degree is expected as an apprentice. But, the level in which it was taken is unprofessional.

The company as a whole is shady and unpleasant. I fell at work and tried just taking a day off to rest. My foreman said good luck in continuing to work for taking a day off. I then went to the ER as my issues worsened. They sent me to some rude and disrespectful workman's comp Dr, who claimed they I was lying per Top Grade.

This company is a not for the employee company unless you have many years in with them or in some sort of management position. Don't expect much as a union employee.

3. "Awesome"

Pros

Great place to work for! Good hours benefits and management fun and positive environment!

Cons

Can't think of any cons. 🙂