Goodlord Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2019

4.0
Goodlord CEO William Reeve
William Reeve
  1. "Job offer received and then no further contact"

I worked at Goodlord

Pros

Potentially a great company to work for

Cons

Very poor communication Not delivering on promises Recruitment process fundamentally flawed

Advice to Management

Make sure job offers have prior approval

Goodlord2019-11-12

"Supportive and positive culture that gets the best out of people"

Current Employee - Growth in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Goodlord is a 'people' first business. There is an engrained positive culture at the company that encourages team members to be themselves and produce amazing work. I think a lot of this has to do with the company values and how they ripple down through the SLT and managers. There is a great buzz in the office and genuine friendships have been built here. There is real focus on mental health and wellbeing - socials,... running club, yoga and Sanctus coaching. Leadership do a great job communicating company goals and pains with the team.

Cons

More snacks can never hurt and we are genuinely running out of space pretty fast.

Goodlord2019-09-10

"Fantastic start up culture!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Super friendly, interesting and hard working people. Really fun place to be a part of, very inclusive, supportive and transparent culture. Plus free snacks all the time

Cons

Office space is a bit limited and occasionally have to queue for the bathroom.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what ya doing!

Goodlord2019-08-22

"Proud Goodlordian!"

Current Employee - Support in Old Street, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros? Everything! I love the environment, I love how helpful and aware of the product people are. My team works so hard and still we find time to help one another, our HR is extremely supportive and actually ask how could they help, instead of the "passive approach" where we go up to them to ask for something. I admire lots of people here for how hard they work and still carry a smile on their faces. I moved to... England not long ago, and my age is higher than the average here, so I can easily say that I gather a fair amount of work experience. I have been part of Multi-national Oil corporations before but still, Goodlord is the place where I have grown the most as a professional and also as a person.

Cons

The volume of work is hard, I admit, but we literally signed up for this in support. Nobody can apply for a job at customer support and expect to able to read a book throughout the day. Nobody lies to me in my interview saying that it would be easy, so how could I complain now? No, we stand up and deliver!

Advice to Management

My management is awesome! The most positive person I have ever met. There is not a problem on Earth that she could not find the bright side of it. Stops everything to listen to you and take every situation into consideration. What a woman!

Goodlord2019-08-15

"Great start up culture with experienced senior management"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accomplished CEO with great track record in startups. Inspiring CTO with excellent leadership skills. Strong product managers and experienced engineering team. Interesting technical challenges. Data-driven decision making at all levels of the business. Company is serious about employee well-being. Great perks including: performance related bonuses, remote friendly workplace, family friendly policies, great office... location in the heart of the London tech scene.

Cons

Office space has become more limited due to steady company growth over the last year.

Advice to Management

Continue regular staff updates on company vision and successes.

Goodlord2019-08-13
  6. "A company I am truly proud to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to work alongside and learn from brilliant people Feeling inspired every day to raise the game The freedom and autonomy you are given A collective sense of purpose Being part of something special, the opportunity to help create the best renting experience in the world The people - there are very few politics and people genuinely care about one and other The balance the management team... have between wanting to do well but also setting realistic targets that are achievable Weekly huddles, monthly company updates, people being able to observe the management meeting The close and effective relationship between the OG's and the newbies

Cons

I have worked in a lot of places and Goodlord is the place I've enjoyed working the most. So for me there are no cons. However I decided to join Goodlord as the culture, people and way of working was exactly what I was looking for. I know this environment is a place where I can thrive, but this may not be the case for everyone. To enjoy working here you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves, comfortable with a... little ambiguity, understand the value of learning from those around you and from your own mistakes and know that with autonomy comes accountability.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to drive alignment by giving regular updates on the company goals and how we are progressing against these.

Goodlord2019-06-26

"Support in chaos"

Current Employee - Support Hero in Old Street, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people in other teams who help us behind the scenes, and supportive COO. Real attempt by People team to make day-to-day fun and interesting. Some really nice and inspirational people flourishing in other teams, who have been role models for us in Support, without them probably realising.

Cons

Very bad organisation and manager lacking in knowledge. Chaotic rota that's not done properly and no one to learn from except really good people in other teams. Only the COO and a few other's seem to really care about Support. Have raised with line manager but when it's a culture created by them, they are too defensive to own up to failings. Concerning amount of pettiness from them that will likely get worse. It's a... shame as otherwise all the other teams make it a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Talk to us directly. The results posted and fed back in SMT weekly are inaccurate and being portrayed through a tinted lense. We're ready to talk.

Goodlord2019-06-23

"Awful"

Former Employee - Referencing Executive in London, England

I worked at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close to a tube station, nice offices, and Office dogs

Cons

Cult like culture, huge disparities in treatment between temp and perm staff. Huge turnover over rate, fire and hire culture. Managers haven't got much experience, this explains how the company has turned out. No real diversity, very middle class and white.

Advice to Management

Don't lure fresh graduates into this job promising full time and consistent work, when this is the opposite, don't manipulate young people into working late hours, respect people's mental health, and most of all people are not disposable. Hire and fire culture is not sustainable.

Goodlord2019-07-10

"Best company iv worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office Good Flexibility Great Perks- Office snacks, drinks, socials. Management are approachable. Feel part of a big team rather than just a number. Learning development budget is great!

Cons

Only improvement I can think of, would be great to have a team or someone to help with computer issues!

Goodlord2019-05-31

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Graduate Superstar in London, England

I have been working at Goodlord full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

No progression if you don't already come in with the skills

Advice to Management

Invest more in tech

Goodlord2019-04-24