Goodman Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good pay, decent people, lots of overtime during peak season (in 12 reviews)

• Goodman manufacturing is a great company to work for with a positive and friendly work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management likes to read a lot of books and preach that they know what they are doing while being totally disconnected from the actual day to day (in 9 reviews)

• There would be no downside for working for good man (in 3 reviews)

"Repair brazer"

Former Employee - Repair Brazer in Dayton, TN
    Former Employee - Repair Brazer in Dayton, TN

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn as many jobs within the company as you would like to. They believe everyone should cross train and do two to three jobs at the same time. But it keeps you busy.

Cons

They work a lot of overtime. And you will work very hard. A lot of the time you will feel under appreciated.

"Solid employment for the contented."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Gainesville, VA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Gainesville, VA

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great, small group of colleagues. Benefits are average, typically work your standard 40 hour week. Good atmosphere and business culture. I've always received a 3% annual raise. There are career growth, however, it is better to be hired as a manager trainee if your looking for a career growth. It is much more easier to get promoted on the management side.

Cons

During the slower months (winter) they typically lower your hours to 36 per week. The summer months you may work a bit more (OT). They love hiring fresh managers right out of college. The only downfall is that the new managers typically have no experience. Also, from my experience once you become a truck driver it is almost impossible to work full-time in the warehouse, as a CSR and even become a manager.

Advice to Management

It be nice if you shared some of the bonuses. CSRs, warehouse and truck drivers are the backbone!

"Its ok"

Current Employee - Tugger Operator in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Tugger Operator in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few friendly people there to make the day go by faster.

Cons

Unorganized, the pay is small for everything the want you to do. I found out fast that it is more of an everyone for themselves place. I been waiting forever to get hired on for the longest and it still haven't happen yet. I been told over and over I will but nothing has happen.

Advice to Management

If it was more organized with more people there to help out more than it wouldn't be as bad.

"It pays rent and bills"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Okay money to pay the rent and bills when everywhere else in Houston is suffering with low oil price
    - Very flexible working hour, overtime is not usual.
    - Moving to a brand new and magnificent campus, 40 miles from Houston

Cons

- Organizational structure is not clear at all. People don't help other department and don't make decision based on the best interests of the company.
    - There is some culture impact when the parent company, Daikin, is taking deeper and deeper control over the whole organization.
    - Only give bonus for director level or higher; yearly PTO isn't very good, either, and HR policy does not allow to carry unused PTO over to the next year.

6. "Not a good choice"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Poor pay for the work asked
    No room for advancement
    During peak times you are slaved
    Not good management

7. "Cost accountant"

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Houston, TX

Pros

Good pay, great atmosphere to work in, and a close drive in to the Houston metroplex and surrounding areas. Also has

Cons

Early hours, but other than that nothing that is too bad that can't be dealt with by the human resources team

Advice to Management

None

"Vindictive and petty middle managers"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Technically the job is great. I loved what I did. B2B sales.

Cons

Definitely will get screwed on pay. The game is as such. Good commissions year one. Year two cut commissions by half and raise budget by 20-30%. Every year. You will have to work three times as hard to even come close to making same amount previous year. Seen guys get commissions at 0.0075%. They talk big talk on new business bonus but watch fine print. I know other sales guys in regions outside the western division that had good managers and didn't get messed with on commissions but if you are west of Mississippi you will be messed with without fail.

Advice to Management

Your turnover sucks. You churn through sales staff every two years because of the "what have you done for me today" attitude.

9. "Assembler mechanic"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time

Pros

To obtain a position with advancement opportunities within an organization, that will allow me to
    utilize my knowledge and skills to benefit my employer.

Cons

There would be no downside for working for good man

Advice to Management

If management would give me an opportunity to prove my skill I would appreciate it

10. "Horrible morale environment in southern California"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits, 401k, pto

Cons

Southern California management team manages by intimidation and bullying. HR does nothing to help the employees in this process but tell the managers what employees say and the intimidation starts. The turn over rate for employees is ridiculous, and one would think corporate would take notice and try to fix the issue instead of letting good people that care about the company get treated like they do by a management team that had been plagued with numerous complaints and law suits.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be team players and really care about employees.

"Management is hit or miss"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, holidays and weekends off. Lots of overtime in the summer if you need it.

Cons

Moving all jobs to Waller TX in the next few years. Old management was decent but they have either been promoted up or moved on, most of the new management are not worth working for. Lots of favortism with the new management. The healthcare plan is ok, but overpriced for what you get.

Advice to Management

Remember that the company started off as a family business and most of the long term employees have that family mentality, treat your employees with respect and remember their family comes first.