Goodman Masson Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

Goodman Masson Chief Executive Officer Guy Hayward
Guy Hayward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No option to work from home for more senior employees (in 4 reviews)

• I have no cons about the company (in 6 reviews)

1. "An amazing place to work that breaks the typical recruitment stereotypes"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management- A supportive management structure with weekly 1:1s and a dedicated mentor there to guide you.

Brand- Very strong brand within the market

Team- We have market leaders working for us, people that have 20+ years experience in their market- think of recruitment as a career.

Dashboard- Great tools to keep on top of your client base and personal performance

Experience- Always something to get involved in from the ski trip to wine tasting there is something for everyone.

Working Hours: 3:30 finish on a Friday and short standard days too! Free breakfast every day.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind- having joined from a competitor recruitment agency I realise how lucky we are!

Advice to Management

Keep showing other agencies how it is done with employee engagement and retention! You have created a great place to work.

2. "World class benefits and incredible people"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company really goes above and beyond in making you feel like this is really is a limitless career that you can build and a company that you can grow with for years to come. My experience so far has been great. I was coached on everything I needed to tackle my job head on for the first month when I arrived, and you can expect honest feedback on what you can do to improve and earn the kind of money you have your eyes set on.

From a social standpoint, there's always something happening during the week or weekend, whether it be trips to food markets throughout the city, football/cricket matches, musicals in Covent Garden, ski trips, summer BBQ's, rooftop baseball, weekly brunches, or after-work beers down the road.

As well, Guy Hayward, the CEO, and the senior management team just recently introduced two new office perks to whats already available to the team. The first is a smart dress code, giving consultants the ability to be more creative with what they show up to the office in, and second are reduced working hours, now 9-5:30 from Mon-Thurs (from 8:30-6:30), and 9-3:30 on Fridays... Recruitment is notorious for 10 hours working days so gives us the chance to spend more time with family/friends outside the company.

Overall, looking forward to many more years working here. It's in a different league of it's own compared to the other recruitment agencies across London. Would highly recommend getting in touch to ask a few questions about how/where you could fit in.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

3. "It just keeps getting better!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I already thought GM was a great place to work but with the introduction of new working hours, the option to work from home for senior consultants, and the new relaxed dress code this place just keeps getting better.

There are many positives about working at Goodman Masson. Having worked in recruitment for a few years now, I can say that GM pay fairly and there is a good bonus structure in place.

The Experience is awesome and really well organised. You can do things you never thought about before.

Cons

Only thing that could be better is the air conditioning in the office. But if that is the only con then you can see why people love working here.

Advice to Management

None - just keep doing what you are doing

4. "By far the best recruitment company in the market"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Culture, Approach to recruitment, work environment

Cons

No office shower, Barbican isn't a glam city location

Advice to Management

Carry on doing what you are doing, but if we could please get a shower that would be amazing!

"What a great place to work!"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Goodman Masson for just over a year and the way they treat their staff is second to none. They have incredible benefits, such as the exotic loan scheme which is allowing me to travel around California in September - something I wouldn't have been able to do without their help!

Management really listen to staff on how they can improve the business, senior staff can now work from home, new working hours and a relaxed dress code have all been implemented in the last couple of months.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Truly a great place to work"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel incredibly trusted within my role here at Goodman Masson, however there are also so many ways they offer to help, through the mentoring scheme, internal training and just a general helping hand from everyone you meet.
    It's great that in an industry that has an old-fashioned image, GM are so forward thinking, with tons of female managers, earlier working hours and casual dresscode.
    There are loads of opportunities to get to know people in the office, with every event interesting different people, from kayaking down the Thames to shows on the west-end.
    There's a proper family feel here and it's great that you feel able to talk to higher management about new ideas or just if you have any problems.

Cons

I can't find any cons here

7. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great bonus structure
    - The Experience is brilliant, you get the opportunity to do things you wouldn't normally even think about
    - Brilliant people, real team atmosphere
    - Always feel supported by management team
    - Great environment

Cons

For me there are genuinely no cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! One of the reasons Goodman Masson is such a great place to work is the transparency of the senior team. So approachable, I've never worked in an environment quite like it.

"Not honest about KPI culture!"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good bunch of people who are positive and fun to work with

Market leading benefits

Cons

Too many managers focusing on their own billings rather than developing their team members

Unstructured 121 meetings where my managers just bangs on about telephone times and KPI's. Nothing inspirational on offer here.

We are intimidated into writing positive reviews

Advice to Management

Encourage your Managers to provide us with ideas and focus less on KPI's and telephone times.

"Too much out of control partying in male dominated environment"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of FTSE 100 clients

Early finish on Friday

Cons

Party culture is very dated and they attempt to cover it up but it is tolerated by senior management. There is far too much cocaine in the mix.

Very few women in senior positions in the company. This is a male dominated environment.

The senior management team are liable to spontaneously combust if they hear anyone talking about KPI's. 'We don't have KPI's - they are called Outputs' . Obsessed with telephone times so many junior consultants call overseas candidates to bump them up. Everyone does that.

Not uncommon to see people drunk In the office in the afternoons.

The early finish on Fridays effectively turns the week into a 4 day week as people party so hard on a Thursday. This results In a school like atmosphere Mon- Thurs with constant comments and pressure around KPI's.

Advice to Management

Promote more females
    Shorter hours and casual dress are only cosmetic. Make a decision to stomp out the drug culture once and for all. You have a duty of care to the young people you employ.

"What an Experience!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson (More than a year)

Pros

One and half years in and Goodman Masson and the experience is still blowing my mind. Coming from a corporate background where benefits were seen as a necessary evil and dished out sparingly, it's been amazing to be part of a business that's so invested in its people and who continue to strive to do the very best they can for their employees.

As a result of the mortgage fund, I have already saved way over what I could have without it. As a result of a clear and target oriented personal growth plan and strong, relatable management I've been able to advance my own career and earnings faster than I though possible... I've been go karting, skiing, and entered a whole host of events I'd never have even thought to get involved in if not for the weekly emails sent round advertising all the great opportunities for us to try. And I think for me that's what it finally comes down to; yes, the experience is a huge financial enabler and makes progression and growth within GM very clear and attainable, but it's unique value lies in its ability to bring people together, to break down walls both across teams and vertically to make Goodman Masson not just a group of people doing a job but a living, breathing community.

Cons

None I can think of...

Advice to Management

Carry on the good work!