Goodman Masson Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Goodman Masson Chief Executive Officer Guy Hayward
Guy Hayward

Pros
  • The senior management team is a great bunch of people who are supportive and show they have trust and belief in every individual working here (in 16 reviews)

• Management team are really nice to work with (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No option to work from home for more senior employees (in 4 reviews)

• I have no cons about the company (in 5 reviews)

1. "What an Experience!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson (More than a year)

Pros

One and half years in and Goodman Masson and the experience is still blowing my mind. Coming from a corporate background where benefits were seen as a necessary evil and dished out sparingly, it's been amazing to be part of a business that's so invested in its people and who continue to strive to do the very best they can for their employees.

As a result of the mortgage fund, I have already saved way over what I could have without it. As a result of a clear and target oriented personal growth plan and strong, relatable management I've been able to advance my own career and earnings faster than I though possible... I've been go karting, skiing, and entered a whole host of events I'd never have even thought to get involved in if not for the weekly emails sent round advertising all the great opportunities for us to try. And I think for me that's what it finally comes down to; yes, the experience is a huge financial enabler and makes progression and growth within GM very clear and attainable, but it's unique value lies in its ability to bring people together, to break down walls both across teams and vertically to make Goodman Masson not just a group of people doing a job but a living, breathing community.

Cons

None I can think of...

Advice to Management

Carry on the good work!

2. "Head and shoulders above the rest!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Goodman Masson is all about the people! The Experience gives people a great platform to focus on developing their own careers within recruitment whilst having access to some of the best support teams out there! The Experience offers opportunities to do things i never thought i would get the chance to do, with past trips such as Skiing, white water rafting down the Zambezi River, and cycling Macchu Picchu to the Amazon.

Cons

Keep up the good work!

3. "THE BEST..."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most things: training, development plans/progress checking, employee benefits , resources available to you both tangible & non tangible, senior management engagement, ethos, culture, environment, socials outside of work, The 'Experience' (check the website to see about it, its great). It really truly is a fantastic company that give you the tools to succeed.

Cons

Genuinely do not have any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

4. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great training going on. They Will make sure to give you right tool so you can become the best at recruiting. "The Experince" is another amazing thing going on which I appreciate every day. Got the full support from my manager and colleagues. If you want a career in recruitment, this is the best place to be

Cons

I have no cons about the company

Advice to Management

Keep on maintaining the uniqueness of the company.

5. "Nicest Place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the staff make a real effort to get to know you and make you feel welcome, including the founder
    The benefits boutique makes life a lot easier
    There's always staff trips going on, meaning you can integrate yourself as part of the team immediately

Cons

There are no cons for working here

6. "Great Company So Far!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am just coming up to the end of my 4th week so still early days but it seems like a great company so far!

They set up intro meetings with all of the senior management team within your first few weeks which is a great chance to meet all of the senior staff which helps you settle in. The office environment is mature and you are trusted to do your job without overbearing micromanagement which has been the case at previous companies I have worked at. There support staff are great and always there to help including a really sophisticated Client Services team to help with putting together pitches and presentations.

Free breakfast everyday is a nice perk and the benefits scheme is far better than any I have seem in the industry including interest free car loans and a mortgage fund where your contributions are topped up by 50% by the company.

Cons

No Cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The support of all senior staff is amazing. All make you fee welcomed and comfortable to ask questions and learn. The office environment is great. You are treated like an adult and not a child at school. You are given the correct tools and guidance/training to excel in your role. Had not been here long when I had a family loss and the support i received was amazing! Also, the benefits package is the best I've seen anywhere.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say at all

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

8. "New Starter and senior finance consultant with 13 yrs experience"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well established brand with a great market share of the Third Sector and a great name behind them. Very good commission structure with one of the highest earning potentials that I have seen so far.
    The Experience is a definite positive and part of this is the Benefits Boutique! Dashboard also looks a brilliant tool! Friendly and warm colleagues with great networking and mentoring capabilities.

Cons

I am an avid cyclist and commuter and the building has no shower facilities at all. Very odd in the 21st Century. My old company was in one of the oldest buildings in London and even they had showers. Nothing much else to be honest.

Advice to Management

Please can you put showers in somewhere. Pretty please.

9. "GM review - first year"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great career progression, amazing team, great benefits as well that are all flexible.

Cons

Hours aren't the worlds best but in sales you're never going to be 10 - 4 are you.

10. "Great place to start my new career!"

I have been working at Goodman Masson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since joining the company around a month ago, I have felt really welcomed on board by everyone from all levels. Training has been great and any problems, questions or queries that I've had have all been answered, and for me having not worked in recruitment before, this was really helpful.

The atmosphere in the office has been great, all teams have been friendly and the introduction meetings with all of the directors has been a great help in learning all new names!

The experience and benefits boutique is amazing and I'm really looking forward to making full use of them in the coming year.

Overall a great place to work.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

The idea of a standing desk station wouldn't go a miss... Food for thought!