Goodmortgage.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Keith Luedeman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Family-ish environment and great opportunities with corporate backing"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly competition, help from senior Loan officers, excellent earning potential, Growing and thriving company. Good contests for earning gift cards and bonuses above normal compensation. Facilities

Cons

Work/ life balance is not always easy as a loan officer, but the upside of that is that Team Leads are understanding when time off is needed. Recent acquisition by larger corporate entity and restructuring throughout makes you stay on your toes. This will taper off most likely.

Advice to Management

Leadership skills are great, however, every leader can benefit greatly from greater emotional intelligence for inspiring employees. Great job growing the company so much in just the year that I've been here. Keep it up.

2. "Don't do it"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enviroment is good if you want to lounge ,play bball, or lift weights. But That's if you have time in there.

Cons

unlike other companies here you have to collect your own documents. Processing isn't so good

Advice to Management

stop hirring anyone and everyone and then pushing eople out the door like a revolving door

3. "Processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Mostly pleasant people, Hours are good, management is improving, pay rate seems aligned with the current industry standards.

Cons

Inexperienced LOs, seems like it is every department for itself and each department competes with the other, instead of working together.

Advice to Management

Provide bonus pay incentives to operations instead of only to LOs

4. "gave a review that was coerced by Jeff vanduesen who liked to be a Navy Seal. Lies lies lies to get you employed."

Former Employee - Loan Originator in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Originator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they act friendly. they tell ya want you want to hear. my advice get your license f4om them and look for another job. smoke and mirrors all the way

Cons

liars. see the pros. their money hungry and brought people down from Michigan and laid them off.. yes Flint. get your license and jump

Advice to Management

see me outside how about that. fake seal.

5. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, good compensation, team environment, and positive attitudes.

Cons

If you like writing mortgages and working I don't see any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with making sure employees are taken care of

6. "ok place to work"

Pros

young staff, massage chairs in the break room

Cons

the closing department is very slow

7. "Loan Officers"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The sales people are so nice to work with, soda are .25 cent and snacks .25-.50 that is all the pro I have

Cons

this company is going through a merger which MIGHT HELP but with no changes in UW and processing you can sell loans all day if you get the leads, however they will never close unless your lucky.

if you are new to the business THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU

Advice to Management

Start over

Goodmortgage.com Response

Jul 15, 2016 – Social Media Mananger

We appreciate all feedback from previous employees. It is our desire that all of our employment relationships are a good fit for both the employee and for the company. It is also our common goal as... More

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great location, open and bright workspace with nice building amenities including subsidized vending machine and state of the art workout facility.
    Management team is staffed by seasoned individuals from various industry leaders that know what they are doing and seem to work well together.
    The recent acquisition should lead to more growth for the company and the employees.

Cons

Company is experiencing some of the usual and expected growing pains as it makes the transition from a single-owner entity into a larger organization.

Advice to Management

Improve the illustration of a plan for entry-level employees seeking a longer term career trajectory.

""Gooddecision" to join Goodmortgage"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time

Pros

Goodmortgage.com is a great place to work! After a 20 year career in an unrelated field, followed by 7 years as a Realtor, I decided to try the mortgage business. I knew I enjoyed the “art of the sale” and real estate, so it was a natural progression for me to close the knowledge loop regarding a real estate sale. The onboarding process and training has been outstanding, though not unlike any initial training for a new career, it has had its moments that seem “like drinking from the firehose”. Exciting, challenging and fun for sure.
    I have thoroughly enjoyed my first three months. My fellow mortgage Loan Officers have been extremely helpful and available to answer my questions or pull up alongside to assist me to navigate the Loan Database. I would recommend Goodmortgage.com to anyone that enjoys the challenge & reward of building rapport and making a sale over the phone, who’s self-confident enough to be told “no” more than “yes” and like the autonomy to achieve their goals without being micro-managed.
    Oh, and there’s the corn-hole tournaments, happy hours, fully equipped gym, basketball court, foosball tables, ping-pong tables, haircuts on site, birthday cake celebrations and free lunches for achieving goals to name just a few of the perks that keep the office a fun place to work. For me, it was a “gooddecision” and it’s been a “goodexperience” to be with goodmortgage.com.

Cons

In my short time here, it's been all positives. The people, the tools, the training and the rewards have all been good.

10. "Awesome Operations Team - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seasoned operations management team with a combined 80+ years of mortgage industry experience. Awesome facilities (Café, Gym, Basketball Court, Game Room), Lots of company outings and contests. Just an all around great place to be!

Cons

None that I can think of... Just a great place to build a CAREER!

Advice to Management

Keep building the great management team you have and the sky's the limit!