Goodmortgage.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Keith Luedeman

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great location, open and bright workspace with nice building amenities including subsidized vending machine and state of the art workout facility.
    Management team is staffed by seasoned individuals from various industry leaders that know what they are doing and seem to work well together.
    The recent acquisition should lead to more growth for the company and the employees.

Cons

Company is experiencing some of the usual and expected growing pains as it makes the transition from a single-owner entity into a larger organization.

Advice to Management

Improve the illustration of a plan for entry-level employees seeking a longer term career trajectory.

2. "ok place to work"

Pros

young staff, massage chairs in the break room

Cons

the closing department is very slow

3. "Loan Officers"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The sales people are so nice to work with, soda are .25 cent and snacks .25-.50 that is all the pro I have

Cons

this company is going through a merger which MIGHT HELP but with no changes in UW and processing you can sell loans all day if you get the leads, however they will never close unless your lucky.

if you are new to the business THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU

Advice to Management

Start over

Jul 15, 2016 – Social Media Mananger

We appreciate all feedback from previous employees. It is our desire that all of our employment relationships are a good fit for both the employee and for the company. It is also our common goal as ... More

5. ""Gooddecision" to join Goodmortgage"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time

Pros

Goodmortgage.com is a great place to work! After a 20 year career in an unrelated field, followed by 7 years as a Realtor, I decided to try the mortgage business. I knew I enjoyed the “art of the sale” and real estate, so it was a natural progression for me to close the knowledge loop regarding a real estate sale. The onboarding process and training has been outstanding, though not unlike any initial training for a new career, it has had its moments that seem “like drinking from the firehose”. Exciting, challenging and fun for sure.
    I have thoroughly enjoyed my first three months. My fellow mortgage Loan Officers have been extremely helpful and available to answer my questions or pull up alongside to assist me to navigate the Loan Database. I would recommend Goodmortgage.com to anyone that enjoys the challenge & reward of building rapport and making a sale over the phone, who’s self-confident enough to be told “no” more than “yes” and like the autonomy to achieve their goals without being micro-managed.
    Oh, and there’s the corn-hole tournaments, happy hours, fully equipped gym, basketball court, foosball tables, ping-pong tables, haircuts on site, birthday cake celebrations and free lunches for achieving goals to name just a few of the perks that keep the office a fun place to work. For me, it was a “gooddecision” and it’s been a “goodexperience” to be with goodmortgage.com.

Cons

In my short time here, it's been all positives. The people, the tools, the training and the rewards have all been good.

6. "Awesome Operations Team - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seasoned operations management team with a combined 80+ years of mortgage industry experience. Awesome facilities (Café, Gym, Basketball Court, Game Room), Lots of company outings and contests. Just an all around great place to be!

Cons

None that I can think of... Just a great place to build a CAREER!

Advice to Management

Keep building the great management team you have and the sky's the limit!

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing office facilities with a gym, basketball court, lounge and play room on site.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company over 2 years now and always speak highly of it to my friends and family. The company offers good benefits from an excellent PTO scale to a matching 401K plan and a workout facility on site that has allowed me to cancel my gym membership. I am glad to see management bringing back some perks that seemed to have faded away with time, like company lunches for meeting monthly goals. Overall, I feel very secure in my job, look forward to future opportunities here and am glad to be part of the team.

Cons

Like any company, there is room for improvement. Having an annual performance review system put in place as an opportunity for employees' performance and salaries to be evaluated on a regular basis would go a long way in bringing a greater sense of value to the team, especially for those who are valuable and committed assets to the company and its success. I think it would go a long way in boosting the overall morale and attitude of many of the employees as well, ensuring and safeguarding against any feelings of frustration or become overwhelmed in ones workload.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of the workload on each of your employees. It means a lot to an employee when they feel their managers are aware of what they are daily bringing to the table and feel like a valued team member. Keep up the good work.

Nov 26, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are grateful that you have given us your honest feedback as an employee of goodmortgage.com. It has been a tough year in the mortgage business and many companies have ... More

"Most insecure owner in Charlotte"

Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None none none zero nada!

Cons

Morgue like atmosphere, zero moral, revolving door, no raises, owner won't pay for any licensing and makes you sign contracts if there are issues with loans that you cover the monetary errors! It's called a business expense, your employees are going to make mistakes sometimes. Thinks having amenities such as a dated playroom, basketball court no one uses, and a gym with equipment as old as employees is all the benefits in the world. Every month the owner figures out a way to takeaway from employees because he is greedy. Cut bonus amounts, lower bps, literally every month the owner figures out a way to take away from employees and wonders why no one respects him or why moral is in the toilet. Be prepared to be micro managed to the point it will drive you to insanity. You can and will not do anything right ever at this company nor will any new smiling face or new recruit until the owner changes the way he is. It is crystal clear after a few weeks how a miserable, greedy, insecure man is running a stable program of mortgage lending into the ground. No employee will ever stand up for themselves because they are scared of being fired or picked apart by the owner for voicing your opinion. They all just work like fragile little sheep as a wolf paces the field. Irony is how many awards are in the building I swear must have been paid for because the place is garbage. Even some of the veteran employees know what a joke they work at but need a job or have been tolerating a terrible employer so long they know nothing different is out there. By far the worst place I have ever worked in my life!! And trust me he will come after you for the smallest monetary issues after you leave or swear you stole leads!! He will so deny every single unemployment claim even when he knowingly fires you!! Anywhere is better than goodmortgage!

Advice to Management

Raises! Benefits benefits benefits, not a dumb massage chair! Incentives to stay, you invest nothing in the employees so why would anyone stay!....

Oct 1, 2014 – CEO

Wow, that is a pretty intense review. I am sorry you felt that way. We strive each day to do things to let our employees know how much they are appreciated. Just last week for example we hosted ... More

"Loan officer"

Pros

They have a gym and the office is set very open. Aesthetically, it's very pleasing to the eye

Cons

I'm not even sure where to start. This company embodies everything that is wrong with the mortgage business. The micro managing has gotten much worse since the rates have crept up a bit. The turn over is so high and managment does nothing to stop the cycle and retain their employees. The "good reviews" on this site are done by upper managment. I know this for certain because my manager was busy typing away a glowing review a day after someone had blasted the company.

The comp plan is very weak and you will have to close many more units to make what some of my girlfriends are making at other firms. The owner will lie to you and tell you think that's imply aren't true. I should have never left my last company to come and work with a pack of wolves who only look out for each other.

If you want a career in mortgages this is not the place for you. You can find something way better than a firm that keeps most of their employees for a year or less. It's a paycheck, not a career.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy by not cracking the whip every day. Stop the bleeding of employee turnover. Moral is much lower than you can ever imagine.

Nov 17, 2014 – CEO

I am sorry you feel this way about our company. I can tell you that some of your statements are correct and appreciated. We do have a very aesthetically pleasing workplace and the gym and basketball ... More

11. "A Work Environment Jammed Packed With Opportunities To Do Great Things."

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com (More than a year)

Pros

This is a work place that allows for growth, improvement and limitless possibilities if you put forth the effort. You can rest assured that you work for a company with high ethical standards. The amenities, such as the fitness center, massage chairs and basketball court are there for employees to use and enjoy. In fact it is encouraged.

Cons

Because of the high ethical standards and commitment to excellence, it can take some time for decisions to be made on various areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees with respect and never be afraid to hit the floor and let everyone know how much you appreciate the work they do.

Jul 24, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for your insight and encouragement. Our management team at goodmortgage.com strives each day to make sure that employees are encouraged and appreciated. Sometimes it does take time to make ... More