Goodway Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home does wonders for work-life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Healthy work life balance is encouraged (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Some people find working from home difficult (in 20 reviews)

• I've worked for the company for over two years and I can't think of one negative thing (in 5 reviews)

1. "True to their Values"

Current Employee - Org Dev Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Org Dev Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about you and how you learn. They don't hesitate to tailor things so that you can learn according to your style. Once you are an employee you are truly a part of the family.

Cons

Fitting in via a virtual environment can be challenging, but the support you need is readily and abundantly available. Teammates will band together to help you adjust!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on values! It's awesome!

Sep 11, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Working virtually isn't always an easy adjustment but, since we've all been there, we put in the effort to help all of our employees get the... More

"Amazing company"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First off - work from home. Talk about work/life balance. You never have people standing over your shoulders and instead are solely judged by the work you do. It is real breath of fresh air.

I have watched them grow in the last 3 years from 100 employees to over 400. It created a lot of challenges, but I think the company and the employees have done well to overcome them.

Cons

There can be some difficulty moving up the chain

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Aug 22, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! The work/life balance is great, and we are trusted to do our best work while being able to manage our life as well. You are right, breath of... More

3. "Best Choice I Ever Made"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full-time work from home, flexible schedules to balance work and everyday life, two all-company trips per year for fun teambuilding and strategy planning, wonderful healthcare coverage, coworkers who actually care and will line up to help each other out, pretty good 401k match... the list could go on and on. But what really sets Goodway apart is the leadership. There is no ivory tower here. They are down to earth people, ready to roll up their sleeves and help out just like any other team member. They take the time to actually know every employee's name and actually want to get to know us. Joining Goodway was absolutely the best choice I've ever made for my career.

Cons

It's really hard to think of any downsides to working here. If you aren't able to separate home life and work life, then the remote environment might not be for you. Other than that, all I can think of is that your PTO doesn't roll over beyond the first quarter of the next year so you can't build up a big bank, but that's not really that big of a deal since they are pretty generous with holidays and flexible schedules year round.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you are doing. Your forward thinking approach and always constant concern for your employees is what sets Goodway apart.

Jul 24, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thanks for the review, I agree with the pros and cons you listed. So glad you're part of the Goodway family!!

4. "Honestly Smart Digital......Honestly!"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High integrity employees from top down. Great benefits. Competitive Salaries. Plenty of opportunity for growth and development. C-level execs actually want to hear ideas and opinions from everyone in the company and listen to feedback when making decisions that affect the company. Every person is truly valued for their experience and expertise.

Cons

For some people, working remotely is a con because they need that live interaction daily with co-workers. Goodway has thought of everything though and allows employees to utilize WeWork type facilities if they prefer to work in an office space.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing your resources and treating employees like family.

Jul 24, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Working from home is not always easy and to help, we created the opportunity for employees to work in a WeWork or other shared office space that... More

"Campaign Coordinator"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time

Pros

Positive, forward-thinking company. The ability to work from home does wonders for work-life balance.

Cons

Sometimes changes don't feel completely thought out.

Jun 26, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Glad to have you part of the Goodway family!

6. "No 7 Year Itch at Goodway!"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Goodway make Goodway a powerhouse! When I started at Goodway, I was greeted with friendly smiles (virtually) and offers to help that were actually legitimate. It was amazing to witness how many people were willing to drop what they were doing to help out a new hire. I also received calls from our President and COO within the first few weeks, and I was floored that they called to simply check in to see how I was doing. I recall a conversation with my husband about a month into my employment with Goodway where I said to him that I was just waiting for the catch...this had to be too good to be true. Yet, here I am 7 years later, and I'm still happily employed working with a phenomenal team and outstanding clients.

Cons

The digital industry is fast-paced so you need to make sure that you are nimble and willing to try new things.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and being willing to tinker!

Jul 24, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for your review, I agree 100% that the people are at the heart of what makes Goodway great and you are a part of that!

"Love this company!"

Current Employee - Creative Brand Coordinator in Jenkintown, PA
    Current Employee - Creative Brand Coordinator in Jenkintown, PA

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Goodway invests in their employees.
    Working remotely is amazing.
    Goodway is constantly striving for improvement, be it anything from business processes to company morale.

Cons

I wish I saw my coworkers more than twice a year, but our company trips are completely worth it.
    If you aren't adaptable and up for new, exciting challenges, Goodway isn't for you. Flexibility is key.

Advice to Management

Thank you for not only putting your clients first, but also putting your employees first! I love working for Goodway Group.

May 30, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for your review, I agree with all of your comments! This is an amazing place to work, but flexibility and the ability to adapt to change are key to being successful here.

8. "Awesome Leadership, Awesome Coworkers!"

Current Employee - Controller
    Current Employee - Controller

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are a virtual workforce and the Leadership embraces this culture. Every decision made results from putting the employees first.

Cons

I can't think of one.

May 9, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - so glad you are part of Goodway!

9. "Amazing companies like Goodway really do exist!"

Current Employee - Media
    Current Employee - Media

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Goodway is a company that fosters innovation and collaboration. Leadership is considerate and committed; co-workers are hard-working and extremely bright; the culture is inspiring and exciting. You have endless opportunities for growth at Goodway and more benefits and perks than you could hope for. I feel very fortunate to be part of such an impressive company and working within a talented department.

Cons

Goodway makes me rue time I wasted at other companies when I could have been happily employed here sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 9, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for your review! I agree: we have some of the brightest people I've ever met, all with a common goal to do their best every day. I also which I had come to Goodway years before I did!

"Territory Coordinator"

Current Employee - Territory Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management and Leadership really care about their employees and their career paths.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons at Goodway.

Apr 24, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Glad you are part of the Goodway family - sounds like you've had a great time and I look forward to another 3+ years! Thanks for taking the time to submit the review.