Goodway Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home does wonders for work-life balance (in 57 reviews)

• The company believes in work/life balance and working from home is a great perk (in 23 reviews)

Cons

1. "Keeping it in Perspective"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a rough last quarter, Goodway is still a great place to work. I'm grateful for the friendships I've made here and the work experience I've gained. With every decision, I do believe that management is trying to do what's best for the employees as a whole. Also, I love that the company is introducing new training programs to help with learning, growth, and development at all levels. No company is ever "perfect", but I do believe this is the best company I've worked for both big and small.

Cons

Sometimes we move really fast and end up doing more work in the end. It's okay to slow down occasionally!

Jan 18, 2018 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review and for your honest perspective. We learned a lot over the past quarter and are using what we learned to set ourselves up for a great year.
    Thanks... More

"Great company for Engineering"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company leadership in Dave and Jay are the best leadership duo I have ever experienced. The CTO John is super knowledgeable and steady handed. The virtual work environment gives great flexibility and balance. The tech team is packed with great engineers with a wide range of experiences. It is the smartest group of people I have ever worked with.

Cons

The company is going through changes to remain competitive in the industry and that includes restructuring the organization and individuals. The restructuring is painful in the short term, but necessary for the company to remain competitive. It would honestly be more of a con to me if the company needed to restructure but didn't.

Dec 6, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review. I appreciate your perspective and honesty!

"Finance"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Goodway, cIose to three years.

I LOVE my job!

Great Management team, insurance, and work family.

I love working from home and working for an employer who really cares about their employees.

Cons

From my experience, I do not currently have a con to share.

Advice to Management

Thank you, for ALWAYS looking for feedback from your employees, for being transparent, and for making Goodway GREAT!

Dec 5, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is greatly appreciated!!

"Not AT ALL "like any other company""

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Goodway is THE MOST amazing company I have ever worked for. It is truly heartbreaking that so many employees that are part of the unavoidable RIF are resorting to poor Glassdoor reviews to take out their anger/bitterness. Having come to Goodway after being part of a RIF, I can honestly say that GG hands down handled this with as much grace, consideration, honesty and transparency as humanly possible. This decision was NOT taken lightly. And while some view it as "an excuse" to get rid of people, that could not be further from the truth. Goodway has quarterly reviews and an open and honest system in place so no employee should ever question where they stand with the company. Those that were part of the RIF were so primarily due to certain aspects of our business taken in-house at the agencies/companies we work for. Were there a few people that were let go due to performance? Absolutely. Anyone who says they were "blindsided" when they found out their performance was below GG VERY high standards just didn't have their finger on the pulse of their job description and how they were doing as an employee.

Working from home is a blessing for those that are disciplined enough to do so. We have incredible benefits, PTO for vacation, illness, issues with family, etc. that are second to none. Two offsite trips per year allow us to see our Goodway family and recharge for another amazing 6 months.

Cons

Not a thing - did we grow too big too fast? Maybe...lesson learned. But to say that GG is anything but an incredible place to work does a giant disservice to Jay and Dave and the rest of the folks that have made this company what it is today.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We love working here and with you all. I'm sure the decision for the RIF was an unbearable one to make and we stand behind your past and future decisions.

Dec 1, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for providing this insight into our organization. We have a great culture with amazing leaders and continue to learn and adapt - and grow stronger each time! Greatly appreciated!

"Happy to be here!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Goodway Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, generous PTO and excellent benefits. Great co-workers and an open and honest management team. A couple of trips a year.

Cons

Must be able to accept change. Currently going through a workforce reduction that is uncomfortable. But, we will overcome it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Dec 1, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for this review, appreciate your input and candor!

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Goodway is amazing! The company is very transparent and such a great place to work! No wonder they are on the "best places to work" list. I LOVE working from home, its such a great benefit. The health care coverage is EXCELLENT, and the company really encourages a balanced work/life balance.

Cons

If you aren't self motivated, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Nov 27, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated!

"Stronger through the Adversity"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is an amazing company that treats people with respect and dignity and always does the right thing for the employees/stakeholders and our clients. The reduction in force was handled with love and class. These are tough decisions, but it is the right decision for the company and the future. It will allow us to continue to provide our clients with the service they expect and allow us to move forward successfully as a company.

Cons

To thrive here you must be open to change and improvement.

Advice to Management

I appreciate how things were handled with the RIF and am excited for the future of the company. I also appreciate that my peers and friends who were affected have the support they need to find that next step in their career. Continue to do what you have been doing. We have bright days ahead!

Nov 17, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is appreciated!

"Still a Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Goodway Group for over 5 years and I still love it and would still recommend it to a friend. The company believes in work/life balance and working from home is a great perk. The leadership team aims to be as transparent as possible, and they ask for input from all levels of the company. We have a great product and service model, and we are doing digital right. We approach our work for our clients with a ton of integrity. We strive to be digital experts, and I've seen firsthand how our expertise has helped our clients.

Cons

As other reviewers have mentioned, we're going through a RIF, and it's tough. I'd probably be singing a different tune if I was let go, but I think the management team handled it well. We are giving RIF employees the following: 2.5 month's notice and full pay during that time, 6 months of a career transition service, paid access to job boards for a few months, and their Q4 bonus, which will be paid after they leave. What other company does that? Most of the time you are told you are leaving that day and that's that. It's because of the family values that they are going above and beyond what most companies offer in this situation.
    I think we are going to emerge from this as a leaner and more focused company. I don't expect our growth to be as rapid as it once was, but I think it will be better for us to aim for slow and steady growth, rather than the explosive numbers we saw previously.

Advice to Management

You're not going to please all of the people all of time, but please continue to stay transparent. It helps us to know what is happening at all levels of the company.
    Support the middle managers. I haven't seen issues here, but it is clear from what my colleagues have to say, there's a problem.
    This review is genuine, because the company has created such goodwill with me over the past 5 years or so, but clearly it was a mistake to only ask for positive reviews. Don't do that again.

Nov 13, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As you stated, we did make the difficult decision to have a reduction in our workforce recently, but Goodway is still an amazing place to work... More

"Very Disappointed"

I worked at Goodway Group full-time

Pros

There are not many. Working from home is probably the only pro.

Cons

Very poor training and on-boarding. Really impatient people from managers to low level coordinators. The pay is really low and was shocking by industry standards. Like any agency, they will work you to death. They are pretty full of themselves even while laying people off. They grew too fast without much of a game plan. Like the story about the Emporers New Clothes, people kept saying how great everything was and what a wonderful company it was - but the end was coming due to poor management planning.

Jan 5, 2018 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry you did not have a great experience with Goodway. We have grown a lot and learned a lot over the past year about what works and what we... More

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Goodway Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very transparent and strong culture.

Cons

Hard to please everyone all the time.

Advice to Management

Keeping pushing us forward.

Nov 14, 2017 – Employee Enablement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. While short and sweet, your feedback is greatly appreciated.