Goodyear Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"
69% would recommend to a friend
(351 total reviews)
Richard J. (Rich) Kramer
81% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Goodyear
Strategy & Planning
2 years ago
Hey strategy fishminds - I’m planning a brand positioning workshop for a client with a multi-product portfolio of very similar technologies. Anyone got some ideas for engaging (virtual) exercises that can help them explore the differences between near-commodity brands? Think Bridgestone vs Goodyear or Rambler vs Topo Chico. Anyone done exercises for something similar recently? I need some fresh ideas.
Got a burning question about Goodyear? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Goodyear employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good and they are fair when evaluating pay scales for new and existing employees" (in 158 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and fair for employees" (in 127 reviews)
- "Great people (in general)" (in 101 reviews)
- "good place to work nicce salary good people" (in 52 reviews)
- "The money is good but not worth it" (in 26 reviews)
- "Management is poor in the retail department" (in 82 reviews)
- "Long hours and sometimes you work 6 days a week when short handed" (in 53 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 46 reviews)
- "Bad upper management, treated as a number" (in 36 reviews)
- "Horrible human resource personnel and most of the managers don't have the skills to manage people." (in 30 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Goodyear and is not affected by filters.
Found 351 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 5, 2021Retread TechnicianCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFort Smith, AR
•Decent overtime hours and pay. •Easy Job no matter where you work in the shop. •Employees are all good to each other no real drama.
•Manager has a bad attitude about life and acts pretty rude in certain situations. •Told Saturday overtime was “mandatory” or I would be terminated even if I already had plans way in advance. •They expect you to be quick after 5 weeks and to do a two person job by yourself in the same time.
- 3.0Mar 22, 2022Auto TechnicianFormer Freelancer, more than 10 yearsGreenville, SC
•discount on tires •medical insurance is good if you pay •most teammates are good people •most store managers are great •the good managers understand life and family
•team leaders dictate most actions so if you fall from their graces things get harder •district managers do not really manage the team or look at employees as individuals. You are a number and are always able to be replaced. •They approve certain schedules and then resent you for actually working the approved schedule. •They care more about looking safe instead of actually being safe. • They act like they care for the environment yet oily mop water gets poured down the drain. •
- 2.0Jun 23, 2021Store ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The pay is good and they are fair when evaluating pay scales for new and existing employees
The employees are driven by contact with HR over every little thing and will eventually set you up for failure if you don't cover your every move.
- 2.0Sep 15, 2020Production AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLawton, OK
The pay is good and you work 14 days out of the month get 7 consecutive days off.
Rotating 12-hour shifts consisting of 7 days and 7 nights, poor work/life(family) balance, loud , dirty, understaffed with the expectation to maintain pre-covid19 production and quality standards with less employees, hot, dangerous, high pressure, and old/outdated malfunctioning equipment & machinery.1
- 2.0Mar 20, 2012Banbury WorkerCurrent EmployeeDanville, VA
Goodyear has great benefits as far as the insurance. The pay is also some of the best in this area as far as factory work.
The training at the plant is almost non existent. Floor managers in my area do not care about the concern for their employees. The communication in this plant is the worst Ive seen anywhere.
- 5.0May 28, 2020General Service Tech IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOro Valley, AZ
Mix of work and family life a plus. Goodyear has a great 401K plan that has paid me well over the last couple of years, even while not employed with them. You can obtain different levels in the business if you are driven to succeed and work hard. Pay was pretty good and 40 hours a week was easily obtainable. Having sick time and vacation time was very important. Very little overtime was required, but nice at times.
Some of the complainers that were never satisfied with the company.1