Google Atlanta Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2020

4.2

"Best company to work for. Period."

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything, I can (and probably should) write a book about all the wonderful things this company does for their employees. I can't do us justice in one paragraph, but let me just say that this is a company that puts the employees first, and everything else is a derivative of that.

Cons

When you work with the best, you compete against the best. As someone who used to be the best in previous companies, it was humbling to be one out of many rockstars.

2. "Interview"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Google part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team Spirit, Simple , elegant, Oriented

Cons

NO growth , bad work life

"I'm a powerful, masculine, mgtow type of guy, and even I broke down crying on the datacenter floor"

Former Contractor - Operations Engineer in Douglasville, GA

I worked at Google for less than a year

Pros

The people are very nice and smart. the dress is casual. the cubicles are quiet. The food is good. A fun place to work. The security staff is nice, and some will become good friends.

Cons

The datacenter never has enough tools. You feel completely alone and it seems that you shouldn't ask questions once you're let loose post-trainig. I broke down crying a few times on the datacenter floor because I couldn't find any answers or documentation from their intranet or from other employees. They want a phd level of intelligence to work for 20$/hr. Atlanta is the neglected "redheaded stepchild" data center. Can be somewhat political, but if you don't get involved with or discuss politics anywhere on memegen or on the internal mailing lists or if you're smart enough to be engage in a neutral manner or pretend to side with the "correct" politics rather than your own political beliefs, you'll be alright. I sweat a lot, and no one told me that I could bring spill-proof tumblers or clear drink containers on the DC floor! The training was excellent. But safety protocols conflict with the speed that repairs MUST be accomplished. Eg: you must take shortcuts, like not wear globes when doing battery swaps, even if it's not safe. I was probably fired for not wearing gloves during the week that safety inspectors were onsite, however I was never told that they even have gloves or where they were! If you show people unsafe shortcuts, at least show them the correct way as well!

Continue reading

"I know Google is the biggest search engine, since my childhood have promise to work with google"

Former Employee - HTML Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

To show what i can really do to the world

Cons

The company work at dont pay me well

Continue reading

"Depends on the team, but their always willing to help"

4.0
    Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Google for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, great company culture, internal mobility

Cons

Possible bad team fit, Google's prestige can make you feel expendable at entry level

"Working at Google"

Current Contractor - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Google for less than a year

Pros

Very conducive environment to work

Cons

A lot of restrictions for a contractor

"Poor culture and org design, no longer care about their employees"

1.0
    Current Employee - Analytical Lead in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good insurance & benefits, breakfast & lunch provided, name on resume, fun work environment, respect senior leadership (Sundar)

Cons

Poor culture, inexperienced and arrogant middle managers, hyper-competitive, limited options for career growth, no focus on inclusion, growth at all costs, unfair compensation, pervasive cost-cutting, forced entire job category to take a pay cut with no warning