86% would recommend to a friend
(33587 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
Found 33,587 of over 48K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Google
Googlers & Xooglers
17 days ago
Once you’ve left Google is is hard to get back in, even if you leave on great terms and good ratings? We are considering moving overseas for my husbands’ great new job opportunity. I can’t see any roles appearing in that market in my org (and aren’t expecting them for a while with all the GBO LCS/GCS reorgs,etc). I’m considering leaving and taking another job but before I do that, I’d like to know how hard it is to get back in if I wanted to reapply one day.
22 days ago
Hello, I am Senior Account Manager at Google in EMEA with 6+ years of experience in FinTech with Art backgrounnd. TC $120K+ . Looking for a referrals to Apple, Revolut, Amazon, Netflix and Microsoft. Comment below or DM me please, thanks! Netflix Revolut Amazon Microsoft Apple
Got a burning question about Google? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Google employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and almost always assume the best of you; I never had bad interactions or felt the need to 'prove myself'." (in 3104 reviews)
- "great benefits and I do believe they build some of the best products out there." (in 2365 reviews)
- "Great environment and culture for each individual to proactively dive into what ever they are working on." (in 1784 reviews)
- "In those positions you can have a good work/life balance and just use all the benefits" (in 1565 reviews)
- "the pay is good and the fellow engineers are very smart" (in 1284 reviews)
- "Long hours and your time put into a position where you may not even advance." (in 579 reviews)
- "bad management and rude to customers" (in 513 reviews)
- "People are forced out by bad managers via bad annual reviews and PIP program to get there friends in there." (in 422 reviews)
- "Much work to do and stress" (in 199 reviews)
- "Recent layoffs have caused a rescinded ft offer" (in 194 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Google and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMountain View, CA
although the company lags behind in AI, it's dominant in the search market and has a flexible work hour
the company lags behind in AI
- 1.0Nov 28, 2023Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHyderābād, Sind
Good Excellent Super Great Mind blowing
Bad Worst Poor Unpleasant Terrible
Google Reviews FAQs
Google has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 48,244 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Google to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Google employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Google 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.