Cover image for Goosehead Insurance

Goosehead Insurance Chairman and CEO Mark E. Jones
Mark E. Jones

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Goosehead Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Build the Career You Aspire to Have

Oct 25, 2022 - Manager in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the past 6.5 years, Goosehead has allowed me the opportunity to build a career that I could have never dreamed of. After graduating from college, Goosehead took a chance on me. My leaders took the time to get to know me, what was important to me, and consistently help me achieve personal bests. Because of their investment, I have been able to work in two departments, take on additional responsibilities, and work my way into management within 3 years of my career. If company culture and growth are important to you, look no further. Goosehead is not just a fun place to work. It is somewhere you will be challenged, forced out of your comfort zone, and never satisfied with the status quo. It is a company that will push you to be the best you can be and allow you to grow both personally and professionally. All the growth is merit-based, meaning that you have control over your career path and will never be pigeonholed. This not only goes for your title but also your income. This is just the beginning. My career has taken a lot of unforeseen turns over the years, but if you stay the course the sky is the limit. It is exciting to consistently work towards the next level of your career, never becoming stagnant, and it is even more exciting doing it with a company that you believe in.

Cons

Don’t get me wrong, it is not easy to get up the learning curve, but if you are self-disciplined, coachable, and have the motivation to make it happen, failure is not an option. If you put in the work early in your career, you will reap the rewards for years to come.

Goosehead Insurance Response

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback!

2. 5.0

Best Sales Opportunity

Nov 16, 2022 - Franchise Sales Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If someone would have asked me during my job hunt post college graduation if I would be in the insurance industry I probably would of laughed and said "absolutely not". Yet throughout my interview process I constantly felt a pull to Goosehead. I found myself inspired by the many women that interviewed me, but I also felt like I too could make an impact, and challenged myself to take on whatever was thrown my way. I ended up being the first employee on our Franchise Sales team out in Chicago, Illinois. While this was a newer concept for the department, I felt supported by my colleagues down in Dallas through virtual meetings, phones calls, check-ins, and the occasional trip down to headquarters. All while the Chicago team welcomed a different department with open arms and were and continue to be a direct testament of the very franchise I sell. In a little over a year, I was one of the top producing coordinators and achieved a promotion to Midwest Territory Manager. I truly have had the best experience and can't wait to welcome more geese to the flock. I'm excited to see what these next few years will bring - knowing my income, and professional development is all up to me and the work I put forth - just with the support of some awesome people. My favorite line I've heard someone say is "Our technology is the single largest investment Goosehead has put forward besides our people" - if you're looking for a company that is not only becoming a powerhouse in the industry but also has the best culture - this is the place.

Cons

Not everyone will succeed - then again, this job is not for everyone. The learning curve can be tough - you're drinking from a firehose, and sales is TOUGH. To put it blank - if you're not ready for hard work, if you don’t want to put the hours in - well, someone else will outwork you. How bad do you want it?

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Goosehead Insurance team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 9, 2022 - Service Team Lead in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Goosehead not only offers very competitive pay in the industry, but they have also created an amazing office culture. While I've worked hard the last few years since I started here, I also feel that I'm appreciated for what I do. There are also a lot of incentives for team performance and individual performance. In office there is support for successes as well as failures, and there is a constant sense of comradery that has really helped me personally and professionally. If you want to climb up the management ladder, you only need to express that and you'll have ample opportunity to grow within the company. Even my husband is happy that I get to work somewhere with great people, great culture, and lots of opportunity. Overall I absolutely love working for Goosehead.

Cons

It is not an easy job, it's challenging which can have it's benefits if you like/need a new challenge. It took me awhile to reach a perfect work/life balance, but I've also seen that balance look very different for my peers. There is also a learning curve with the job especially if you have never worked in insurance before, but there is also an ample amount of resources provided during this time.

Goosehead Insurance Response

Recruiting coordinator

Thank you for the feedback!

5. 5.0

Amazing company

Oct 25, 2022 - Senior Territory Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly am so grateful for my experience at Goosehead. I love the people, I have a great passion for what I do and I could not be luckier to get to work with the talent that I have had the chance to. There are so many impressive, talented people in the company that I have had the chance to learn from while working alongside them and have not seen many companies where there is this much growth potential this early on in one's career. Any job is challenging, however, I appreciate feeling challenged and not getting complacent as this company strives to help me hit my goals and push me further as well. I have made many sincere friendships, both at corporate and in our agency channel, across the country and feel grateful that we can all work together and get along. My pay is competitive for what I do and in my time here, I have always increased my income due to increased production which gives me high hopes for continued earning potential.

Cons

The job is hard, but isn't every job hard? If it isn't, you aren't being challenged enough. We hire a lot of people directly out of college, so from a day to day training/managing component, it can be a challenge to help the new hires navigate the world of working and adulthood, which can also create a bit of burnout in our hiring classes which is a strain on those in positions like myself who are responsible for training them. Our health insurance could be better priced as it's a bit expensive for the coverage.

6. 1.0

Work anywhere else!

Nov 17, 2022 - Account Executive in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a sinking ship, there are no pros

Cons

The culture is as toxic as they come, but the positivity when you first get started is infectious until you learn it's entirely fake. I saw everyone posted October 25th 5 star reviews, they were asked to because too many real reviews with honest information were popping up. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! So just go read the 1-2 star reviews if you want to know what really happens here. The executive team turnover and changes in under a year is absurd. They completely changed our comp, daily inputs and all of these things were put into place by managers that have never done the job. Now they are trying to completely change their strategy and the CEO keeps sending out emails about "we always make it through tough times and this is the best industry to be in and you are all exceptional" which seems to translate to "please still give me your soul while I position to sell and get out of this mess I created by my poor decision making in my executive team". It's a publicly traded company, just look at the history of the stock over the past year and recent reports of investigation into this company. Outside sources aren't lying, and the smart people already got out or are actively seeking new jobs. Now that I'm looking at new jobs and talking to friends who have left, I realize how crazy this place is, but that's probably what sucks most about this company, they make crazy feel normal, acceptable, and even put it on a pedastal.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place for young professionals to develop!

Oct 25, 2022 - Corporate Recruiter in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started my career with Goosehead straight out of college, and it was the best decision I have made! My transition from college into the corporate world was very smooth and better than expected. I have been so invested in as a young professional, and see the potential to really build a long-term career. I know that my leaders truly care about me as a person and want to help me reach my personal and career goals. Some pros I have noticed across the board are: - Investment in your professional development - Hands on training to help you get past the learning curve - Great people: surrounded by outgoing, driven, young, hard working, and fun individuals that become your friends outside of work - Great work/life balance - Plenty of opportunity for growth, promotions are very accessible if you work hard! - Commission is attainable and management really does want you to be successful and make money

Cons

It's not going to be for everyone- you really do need to work hard and invest yourself in getting past the learning curve. If you are not driven and motivated to see success, you may find difficulty. Goosehead is growing so fast which is exciting but also keeps you on your toes with changes being made.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Huge Opportunity!

Nov 3, 2022 - Franchise Sales Territory Manager in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There isn't a better opportunity for upward mobility than there is with Goosehead. In my two years time with Goosehead I've had the opportunity to become promoted, manage a team of multiple individuals, and help them advance and achieve their goals. It is very fulfilling. It is also great to know that we are truly changing lives. Giving individuals a business opportunity to dramatically increase their quality of life, earnings for their family, and build an asset they can pass down to their family. If you have a drive to excel, you will do great in this role. The culture is amazing; young, very motivated, supportive, and always fun! This is a true meritocracy and everyone wants to see you succeed.

Cons

Hard work! Don't expect to come in and have everything fall in your lap. BUT, if you can keep your head on straight and stay focused, you will definitely be compensated accordingly!

9. 5.0

Review

Oct 25, 2022 - Corporate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The opportunity to make a ton of money is truly there. Success and hard work don’t go unnoticed at Goosehead, and you're able to directly see that hard work pay off in your paycheck. - The culture is great; The kind of people you want to spend time with in and outside of the office. Even though it's sales and it's competitive, everyone helps each other out. - I don't just feel like a number. You're able to come in and make an impact here. - The leadership has been great. I've felt a ton of support from management from the get-go and consistently get one on one help. - The mobility throughout the company is great. Some people come in and do not start in the position that is best suited for them, but with hard work, are able to find a different area in the company that may be a better fit.

Cons

- It's a grind. To see a ton of success and make a lot of money, you must put the effort into it. - Due to our rapid growth, there can be a lot of changes, forcing you to adapt to new goals, metrics, and processes. If you’re able to overcome those transitions, you’ll find a lot of success in this kind of position.

10. 4.0

Great Culture!

Oct 31, 2022 - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Goosehead creates am amazing, competitive culture that pushes you to be the best you can be when it comes to your future in sales. Whether you are just starting out the sales gig out of college, or looking to build up a very rewarding book of business, Goosehead is an excellent place to work. Also, if you work hard your first year, after that the work life balance is almost unmatched. Your get your stuff done consistently, you get to work when and where you want

Cons

With pushing a very competitive atmosphere, this comes with a lot of pressure to ramp up your career quickly and be among the best. First year is a sacrifice of income while building your business, but potential to make more after that year with this job than so many other opportunities out there so young in your career.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Job with Lots of Opportunities and One that Takes Care of You

Aug 30, 2022 - Quality Analyst in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job does have a lot of components and one that overwhelmed me initially, but after my first couple of weeks, I got the hang of it and realized I was in the best division within Goosehead. As a Quality Analyst, you just audit policies all day and make sure they correlate to state/carrier specific mandated coverages. You do not have to talk to anyone at all. If you have a certain percent in accuracy, then you can work from home 1-3 days a week. I feel like I have a family within QC. Whenever I am in office, there is no need to just listen to music and block out the world while I audit. Everyone around you is laughing and talking as the day goes on. Great work life and environment for sure!

Cons

The starting pay for most Goosehead positions is pretty low. Not sure what other departments offer, but within QC, at the end of the month if your accuracy is above 98% and you did a percentage more than your goal, you can bonus quite frequently. So even though the starting pay is pretty low, you are able to compensate for it with bonus money.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 950 Reviews
</>Embed

Goosehead Insurance Reviews FAQs

Goosehead Insurance has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 969 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Goosehead Insurance to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Goosehead Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Goosehead Insurance. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

72% of Goosehead Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Goosehead Insurance 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Goosehead Insurance to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Goosehead Insurance Job Seekers