Gordon Document Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
John Gordon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company; family atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stabile; growing; committed owners; tools provided; good environment;

Cons

The company expects high performance from everyone....its not always easy when some don't measure up -- they are always the complainers.

Advice to Management

Keep raising the bar. We've got a great team and getting stronger by the day. Upgrade IT so we have more system stability. Down time is frustrating. Benefits are good but expensive.

2. "Not worth the stress and frustration"

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time

Pros

Broad scope of networking, printer support, computer support.

Cons

Low pay, difficult to work with owner

"service manager"

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time

Pros

no pros only cons working with john gordon he is a liar a cheat and a thief

Cons

john gordon with bring you to your worst technical nightmare you ever had he has been canceled by evey manufacturer and he will lye right to your face

Advice to Management

get john gordon out of the business before your broke

Jun 20, 2017 – President, CEO

A post by a former disgruntled employee who was being counseled for poor performance while employed here. Its sad when someone resorts to personal attacks to mask their own failures.

"A ride to the 8th circle of Hades would be more fun"

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cant think of anything. This place sucked the will to live out of me.

Cons

As you can see for every negative review the owner forces one of the other employees to put in a good review. Yeah, if you cant treat your employees good enough to get that good review, you can lie on the internet.

If you do write a nasty review you could always receive a cease and desist from his attorney or him (yeah he is a lawyer and should know better) this has happened to at least 3 techs I know that all walked out together due to the working conditions and mistreatment by him.
    Amazingly enough this should have clued me in on working here. If the owner is a Lawyer odds are the place with be unbearable to work in.

Shadey deals with companies and promises he cant back. He then leaves the employees to take the blame for it.

Run far, run fast, and don't look back. A job at a fast food joint cleaning out the fry bins would be better.

Bad benefits.
    Bad retirement package
    Bad environment
    Mistreatment by owner.

This is the job you get when you sin too many times and you are being punished by a higher deity.

Advice to Management

Leave, let your son who actually knows how to treat people run the place. Stay out of it. Everytime you walk in the place you can feel the happiness being sucked out of the place by a huge black hole of sin and degradation.

Mar 17, 2017 – President, CEO

This is the product of a disgruntled former employee who was bing counseled for neither coming to work nor even as much as calling in, when our customers and his fellow employees needed him there... More

5. "My Experience at GDP"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A stable work schedule and a family business environment.
    Ability to move up quickly
    Pet friendly workplace.
    Management team that works with employees one on one.

Cons

Needs to improve recycling and waste management procedures.
    Hard to locate business address.

Advice to Management

You have been running a successful company for many years, but some parts of the company could be updated to the new standard. Newer outreach programs and newer renewable resource procedures could make this place a powerhouse in the business and job market.
    Monthly company update meeting could be utilized too. Just to keep the employees feeling empowered about their personal stock and value in the company.
    I would also suggest more seminars or company classes that can expand the skills and abilities of its employees.

"A Truly Enlightening Professional Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Technical Representative in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Representative in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time with GDP has cultivated nothing but good things thus far. The synergy, communication, teamwork, and supportive management make for a stellar learning environment. As a technical representative, all of the resources I need to carry out any and all job responsibilities are found right at my fingertips. The staff is overwhelmingly helpful to new recruits and everyone wears a warm smile. On the job training, online modules, and courses are fully covered to smooth out the learning process. There's never a shortage of work and those who share the company's work philosophy will be rewarded with a comprehensive bonus plan. The days go by quickly in a highly productive low stress environment. I am positively elated to work with this company. The owner John Gordon and his wife Helen are approachable and easy to talk to, topping off this cake with a sweet finish.

Cons

You may be asked to learn up to 2 additional roles, but I see this as less of a burden and more of an opportunity to broaden my skill set.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are glad you enjoy working at GDP!

"New sales management and new sales training makes it an easy pleasurable experience working here."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good upper management
    Great colleague support system
    Assigned territories
    State of the art demonstration showroom
    Good communication with service and install department

Cons

Interview process was long and thorough but well worth it
    Working with finance is sometimes difficult but it always gets done in the end
    Website is a little dated could be more intuitive

Advice to Management

The only thing I would advise is on Tuesdays when we are all in house is that it is made a casual dress day

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time

Pros

I received my paycheck on time

Cons

I felt that I was distrusted (cellphones had GPS trackers on them). Our pricing made it hard to compete any many deals. Company policy that required most representatives to come in the office in the morning and evening kept me from being as productive in the field as I would have liked to have been.

Advice to Management

Trust your reps more and you will find that they will surprise you in a positive way.

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you of taking the time to post. Of course we are disappointed you didn't enjoy your time with GDP and we take your point of view seriously.

Neither our Reps nor our experience confirm... More

"Great Employer"

Former Employee - Technician in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Technician in Marietta, GA

I worked at Gordon Document Products part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working on and off with GDP for years now. Wonderful coworkers, great environment, and awesome family like feel. I would suggest GDP to anyone seeking a career full or part time!

Cons

The work can seem never ending, but if you stay on top of it you can get things done in a timely fashion.

Advice to Management

Clear Direction!

"My experience at Gordon Document Products has been an A+, 100% High Satisfaction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Pros

The company has an excellent culture & friendly atmosphere which trickles down from the very top. The owner, Mr. John Gordon is extremely fair, flexible, honest, and always available. I have always enjoyed my time working with GDP & Mr. Gordon as my experience here has greatly benefited my professional career experience. I have over eight years as a General Manager, having more than 25 employees report to me, and I truly admire Mr. Gordon's leadership abilities.

Cons

Mr. Gordon is very honest--sometimes to a fault. I personally believe that he may trust people with more credit than they deserve because I have witnessed several other employees who have tried taking advantage of him. I have observed those sample employees not being self-motivated, but instead being extremely lazy and dishonest.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold employees to their job description, and continue to lead by example. Mr. Gordon has the greatest integrity that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, and any employee who is willing to work hard & enjoys working for a wonderful employer, then I would recommend anyone work here!

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you for your reassurances and validation. We continue to work hard to make GDP the best place to work possible.