Gordon Document Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Gordon

1. "My Experience at GDP"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A stable work schedule and a family business environment.
    Ability to move up quickly
    Pet friendly workplace.
    Management team that works with employees one on one.

Cons

Needs to improve recycling and waste management procedures.
    Hard to locate business address.

Advice to Management

You have been running a successful company for many years, but some parts of the company could be updated to the new standard. Newer outreach programs and newer renewable resource procedures could make this place a powerhouse in the business and job market.
    Monthly company update meeting could be utilized too. Just to keep the employees feeling empowered about their personal stock and value in the company.
    I would also suggest more seminars or company classes that can expand the skills and abilities of its employees.

"A ride to the 8th circle of Hades would be more fun"

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cant think of anything. This place sucked the will to live out of me.

Cons

As you can see for every negative review the owner forces one of the other employees to put in a good review. Yeah, if you cant treat your employees good enough to get that good review, you can lie on the internet.

If you do write a nasty review you could always receive a cease and desist from his attorney or him (yeah he is a lawyer and should know better) this has happened to at least 3 techs I know that all walked out together due to the working conditions and mistreatment by him.
    Amazingly enough this should have clued me in on working here. If the owner is a Lawyer odds are the place with be unbearable to work in.

Shadey deals with companies and promises he cant back. He then leaves the employees to take the blame for it.

Run far, run fast, and don't look back. A job at a fast food joint cleaning out the fry bins would be better.

Bad benefits.
    Bad retirement package
    Bad environment
    Mistreatment by owner.

This is the job you get when you sin too many times and you are being punished by a higher deity.

Advice to Management

Leave, let your son who actually knows how to treat people run the place. Stay out of it. Everytime you walk in the place you can feel the happiness being sucked out of the place by a huge black hole of sin and degradation.

"Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Technician in Marietta, GA

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner insists that employees write positive reviews. Trust me no one that's worked there more than 90 days would write a positive review for this place.

Cons

They use any and every occasion to cheat folks out of their pay. They’re very demanding and the pay is way below their competitors. They speak disrespectfully to their employees. They expect employees to work more hours than they're willing to compensate them for. They distrust everyone and assume everyone is out to get them. They have destructive policies that are self-defeating. They will blame you for things beyond your control. They create impossible scenarios to achieve and then reprimand you for not accomplishing them. They have an extremely high turnover rate, from what I observed in my tenure I would guess it to be better than half their employees leave on or before their first anniversary. They are greedy self-serving people who are only looking out for their own interests. I would avoid this place like it had the plague.

Advice to Management

Retire and let someone run the business who knows how.

Feb 16, 2017 – President, CEO

Please see our response above, as we believe you are the same poster. The allegations are false! This is the product of an employee who lied on the job and continues to do so following their ... More

"A Truly Enlightening Professional Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Technical Representative in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Representative in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time with GDP has cultivated nothing but good things thus far. The synergy, communication, teamwork, and supportive management make for a stellar learning environment. As a technical representative, all of the resources I need to carry out any and all job responsibilities are found right at my fingertips. The staff is overwhelmingly helpful to new recruits and everyone wears a warm smile. On the job training, online modules, and courses are fully covered to smooth out the learning process. There's never a shortage of work and those who share the company's work philosophy will be rewarded with a comprehensive bonus plan. The days go by quickly in a highly productive low stress environment. I am positively elated to work with this company. The owner John Gordon and his wife Helen are approachable and easy to talk to, topping off this cake with a sweet finish.

Cons

You may be asked to learn up to 2 additional roles, but I see this as less of a burden and more of an opportunity to broaden my skill set.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are glad you enjoy working at GDP!

"New sales management and new sales training makes it an easy pleasurable experience working here."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good upper management
    Great colleague support system
    Assigned territories
    State of the art demonstration showroom
    Good communication with service and install department

Cons

Interview process was long and thorough but well worth it
    Working with finance is sometimes difficult but it always gets done in the end
    Website is a little dated could be more intuitive

Advice to Management

The only thing I would advise is on Tuesdays when we are all in house is that it is made a casual dress day

7. "Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Gordon Document Products full-time

Pros

I received my paycheck on time

Cons

I felt that I was distrusted (cellphones had GPS trackers on them). Our pricing made it hard to compete any many deals. Company policy that required most representatives to come in the office in the morning and evening kept me from being as productive in the field as I would have liked to have been.

Advice to Management

Trust your reps more and you will find that they will surprise you in a positive way.

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you of taking the time to post. Of course we are disappointed you didn't enjoy your time with GDP and we take your point of view seriously. Neither our Reps nor our experience confirm ... More

"My experience at Gordon Document Products has been an A+, 100% High Satisfaction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Pros

The company has an excellent culture & friendly atmosphere which trickles down from the very top. The owner, Mr. John Gordon is extremely fair, flexible, honest, and always available. I have always enjoyed my time working with GDP & Mr. Gordon as my experience here has greatly benefited my professional career experience. I have over eight years as a General Manager, having more than 25 employees report to me, and I truly admire Mr. Gordon's leadership abilities.

Cons

Mr. Gordon is very honest--sometimes to a fault. I personally believe that he may trust people with more credit than they deserve because I have witnessed several other employees who have tried taking advantage of him. I have observed those sample employees not being self-motivated, but instead being extremely lazy and dishonest.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold employees to their job description, and continue to lead by example. Mr. Gordon has the greatest integrity that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, and any employee who is willing to work hard & enjoys working for a wonderful employer, then I would recommend anyone work here!

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you for your reassurances and validation. We continue to work hard to make GDP the best place to work possible.

"Great Employer"

Former Employee - Technician in Marietta, GA

I worked at Gordon Document Products part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working on and off with GDP for years now. Wonderful coworkers, great environment, and awesome family like feel. I would suggest GDP to anyone seeking a career full or part time!

Cons

The work can seem never ending, but if you stay on top of it you can get things done in a timely fashion.

Advice to Management

Clear Direction!

"Work your butt off and get PAID!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good oppty to make some good money and help businesses with their current and future needs. Unlike some of the non professionals that just walk in off the street with a proposal in hand for their one size fits all special of the week, GDP enforces a needs analysis policy to show the customer that we customer tailor a system to their needs. GDP hired a new sales MGR who subscribes to this theory and knows how to sell on the up and up.Good spiffs. The Techs are what keep the customers happy. Great techs, great tech service mgr and great tech field mgr. The techs diagnose the problem right the first time, get the parts needed to fix the problem right the first time, and get the job done quickly. The customers appreciate that. And so does the sales force. The owner's wife caters lunch for late morning/early afternoon demonstrations and that is a hit with customers. Personal touch. The woman is pure class, grace and poise.

Cons

Company needs a dedicated IT staff that will work their butts off instead of sitting around and complaining. This is a demanding position and is not for every one.

Advice to Management

Keep the spiffs/incentives in place; keep a well balanced inventory/mixture of all lines with different features. Let the sales staff flow and just sit back and watch the magic happen.

Mar 15, 2015 – President, CEO

Thank you! We have a great crew today after years of hard work and attracting the right people. We appreciate your contributions and appreciate your comments!

"Great Place To Work."

I have been working at Gordon Document Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent place to work, with a great deal of opportunity for advancement and earnings. The executive management is fair and easy to work with, always expressing interest in the ideas and feedback of staff members, and they take care of their employees with nice benefits, bonuses & reimbursements. This company is professional in all manners of appearances and behaviors, and I appreciate the quality of character held by Management and staff alike.

Cons

There is a lot of unsupervised work, so for people that are not self-disciplined or self-motivated, it is unlikely they will get much done or reach their true potential. This is not a place of employment for those that need to be micro managed.

Advice to Management

Post and advise staff of possible advancements and provide incentives for staff to aim higher.