GradStaff Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Benefits Assistant"

Former Contractor - Communications Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Communications Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at GradStaff as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Through Gradstaff, I found a great job that I would never have found on my own. It's definitely a long-term fit, which is what's most important and, in the end, makes up for the cons.

Cons

I felt like the whole process was slow, and communication was difficult at times. Also in the beginning, I felt like they were just trying to find A fit, not necessarily the BEST fit. And the 700-hour contract period felt very long. Again, it worked out in the end, but it was a bit frustrating at times.

2. "DO NOT USE!!"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Dallas, TX
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Dallas, TX

I worked at GradStaff (Less than a year)

Pros

There are zero pros to this company.

Cons

WORST PLACEMENT EVER!! Do not use unless you're downright desperate. I used them and they found a job quickly yes but just wait. They agree on an hourly rate that the company will pay gradstaff and then what the employee will be paid. This is just like any other placement agency but gradstaff decides to tell the company the market rate is much lower than it really is.They do this so they can take a much larger chunk of the money that the company has agreed to pay. I figured this out at the end of the process with them and did a little research of other placement agencies. Their percentages were much lower and they ALL know what gradstaff is doing. The staff is also very rude and unprofessional with their demeanor when it comes to resolving these issues that were brought up.
    Cue gradstaff responding to this saying they actually pay MV. Use them and find out for yourself.

GradStaff Response

Jun 30, 2017 – SVP of Corporate Support

I am unsure if the GradStaff team was actually successful in finding this person employment, but I am sorry for this misunderstanding regarding our business model in general. It is important to... More

3. "I had a great experience working with GradStaff!!!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at GradStaff as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was always available whenever I had a question and she placed me with a company that was a great fit for me.

Cons

There were no cons working with this company.

"Absolutely RUDE and UNHELPFUL!"

Current Employee - Potential Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Potential Contractor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Prompt response: I applied earlier this week and received a call from the recruiter today.

Cons

The recruiter sounded like she was reading from a script (a long one) and I could not get a word in. Whenever I did get the opportunity to speak or ask a question, she would just refer back to that script of useless information. Asked me what I'm looking for in a position (duties, salary, distance, etc.) but proceeded to reiterate that script again and treated me like my expectations were unreasonable (I am currently working and she tried to sell me on taking a huge pay cut). I finally managed to tell her directly that I don't think their services are for me and that I would probably have better luck elsewhere. Then she mockingly laughed and told me good luck. Totally unprofessional.

GradStaff Response

Feb 27, 2015 – VP of Corporate Support

I am sorry you had a negative experience with a GradStaff employee. There are certain questions we must ask all applicants and specific information we must share to make sure all candidates are aware... More