GradStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
GradStaff CEO Robert J. LaBombard
Robert J. LaBombard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best first job out of college"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at GradStaff full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at GS, recruiting was the last career I had thought about. I found that you can learn as much or as little as you want in this job. In my career here I have helped hundreds of individuals find their first business job, many of which are managers that I now work with. GradStaff has access to companies and positions that never get posted online. The Account Managers are the ones finding the jobs and usually the opportunity is exclusive to GradStaff so a candidate would not have found that job on their own.

The management within GradStaff also allows you to have a wide variety of skills and does not promote people based on seniority. I have been with GradStaff for 5 years, been promoted three times and tripled my income within a very small window of time. I have had the ability to work with payroll, recruiting, candidates, given sales pitches to large and small corporations and built relationships with managers in all different types of industries along the way. I have a wall full of thank you notes from hundreds of individuals who would have never found their job without us. This position really allows you to give back to recent college grads that just need to catch a break and get their foot in the door somewhere.

Cons

Working with millennials can sometimes be challenging and some of them expect the world from you. Although our service is free to recent graduates many candidates will be come upset or irate when a position does not work out for them and it turns into the recruiter's fault. If you apply to this role it is important that you have a backbone and do not get your feelings hurt easily. In an era where social media is so present, it can be brutal to read a bad review that is directed at you. Someone that works at GradStaff needs to be able to take the constructive criticism for face value and turn their focus towards the individuals that are truly appreciate that we are helping them find a career. In reality, we cannot help every candidate that sends their resume to a posting and you have to be ok with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Every time I place a candidate their only regret is that they did not hear about GradStaff earlier. I know there are some new marketing efforts GradStaff will be taking on so hopefully that should solve the problem!

2. "Employees are not a high priority"

I worked at GradStaff full-time

Pros

Some autonomy in how you approach tasks, problem-solving, and work situations.
    Given a lot of responsibility early on.
    Majority of people want you to succeed and want to see you do well.

Cons

Low salaries (much below market, heavy reliance on incentives) and benefits are not great.
    Feedback is not received well, change/innovation is unwanted. Management is a big proponent of "this is how we've always done it."
    Little to no transparency on long-term growth opportunities.
    Restricted flexibility in work schedule (working from home, flex hours, etc.)
    Poor ethical business decisions (misleading job descriptions, not being upfront in the interview process, mismatched priorities (keeping money the company makes ahead of everything else--employees included).
    High turnover.
    Culture is poor, morale is low. Ironically, for a millennial market, many millennial best practices are not adopted and are looked down upon (i.e. working from home, flex hours, transparency and impact opportunities, work/life balance, dress code, limited PTO, etc.)

Advice to Management

Be transparent in the interview process about what type of candidate you're looking for, what the office culture and structure is like, the long-term growth opportunities, and a realistic salary.
    Trust your employees want to succeed and don't second guess their commitments. The minute you doubt your employees are there to do a good job and do their job well, that's the moment you'll lose that loyalty and commitment from them.
    Not everyone is meant to be a people manager.

"Love what we do!!"

Pros

i love what we do at GradStaff! It's an amazing company!

Cons

None! This is an awesome company to be apart of!

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at GradStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reached out to me after placing my Resume on indeed.com

Staff was very helpful, both kind and well-measured with constructive criticism.

Very prompt and fair. Explained the entire process up front with no surprises later on.

Good hourly wage, chose good companies to place you with.

Knows their stuff. Answered any questions I had promptly and to the point where I rarely had any follow up questions.

Cons

I'm sure some exist, as there is with any company, but for those which are manageable, I have a hard time identifying any issues.

Perhaps if they placed you in a job that was a bad fit, that would be a con, but they are excellent at placing people. I knew the job they placed me in would be a good fit between 1-2 months in, and it was something I has never done before.

Advice to Management

Keep on being great and standing out from the rest of the pack!

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at GradStaff full-time

Pros

I have to say that I've had some bad experiences with staffing companies in the past, but my experience with GradStaff was completely different. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and they absolutely want their candidates to succeed. I'm very grateful for my them and I highly recommend them to recent graduates!

Cons

When you interview with GradStaff, you're not interviewing for a specific position, which can be difficult as a job seeker. GradStaff communicated clearly and consistantly with me, which was super helpful. If you're working with a time crunch, it's something to be aware of.

"SO thankful for GradStaff!"

Pros

This was such a seamless process. I was recruited by a GradStaff employee almost immediately after putting my resume on an online job board. I had an initial screening interview with GradStaff and was immediately given a few job interview opportunities. They were wonderful with finding a job that I was interested and a position that could be a long term career. I first was in contact with GradStaff in October and was offered a full time career only a month later. They were incredibly helpful with preparing me for each interview and helped me each step along the way. I am a recent grad with little professional experience so it was much appreciated. They are a wonderful company and drastically changed my career search. Thank you GradStaff!

Cons

There are no cons or complaints for GradStaff. My experience was wonderful!

Advice to Management

N/A

"Great Company"

Pros

Great company really helped me find what I was looking for in a job and work atmosphere.

Cons

No cons. Great company really helped me find what I was looking for in a job and work atmosphere

"Great Staffing Company"

Pros

Helps prepare you for the interview and provides you with all the tools and information needed for each position. Friendly and avalible to help whenever in need. I also liked how they checked up on you every now and then to make sure things were going good and if you had any concerns or questions. Due to my hard work I am now a full-time permanent employee at the company they got me the opportunity to work for!!

Cons

no vacation or paid time off

"Nice People for a Daycare"

Pros

Good at getting opportunities to prospective employees
    Kind staff

Cons

They treat you like a child.
    The hand-holding is far too much. If you're applying through grad staff it should be assumed that you have some measure of experience from college/grad school in using your resume, going to interviews, etc. Except they don't do that. They require you to call them before and after every interview asking you middling questions that do very, very little to aid your job search. It's frustrating to have do jump through hoops that make you feel like an utter child instead of an adult. If you need a staffing company, look elsewhere. I've had better luck, and better treatment, with other companies.

GradStaff Response

Aug 31, 2015 – College Recruiting and Marketing Manager

I'm sorry that you didn't have a positive experience with GradStaff. Most of the candidates we work with are recent graduates that are looking for their first professional job, and many did not... More

"Was placed in a top tier commercial real estate firm in Dallas in 3 weeks."

Pros

Efficient and passionate, the recruiters at GradStaff are unlike anyone I've met in the industry. They help pursue employment as if it was their dream too. Hats off to Anna in the Dallas office.

Cons

ZERO. The only reason I'm writing anything is because there's a 20 word minimum in the cons box to post!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. And thank you.