GradStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert J. LaBombard

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at GradStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reached out to me after placing my Resume on indeed.com

Staff was very helpful, both kind and well-measured with constructive criticism.

Very prompt and fair. Explained the entire process up front with no surprises later on.

Good hourly wage, chose good companies to place you with.

Knows their stuff. Answered any questions I had promptly and to the point where I rarely had any follow up questions.

Cons

I'm sure some exist, as there is with any company, but for those which are manageable, I have a hard time identifying any issues.

Perhaps if they placed you in a job that was a bad fit, that would be a con, but they are excellent at placing people. I knew the job they placed me in would be a good fit between 1-2 months in, and it was something I has never done before.

Advice to Management

Keep on being great and standing out from the rest of the pack!

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at GradStaff full-time

Pros

I have to say that I've had some bad experiences with staffing companies in the past, but my experience with GradStaff was completely different. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and they absolutely want their candidates to succeed. I'm very grateful for my them and I highly recommend them to recent graduates!

Cons

When you interview with GradStaff, you're not interviewing for a specific position, which can be difficult as a job seeker. GradStaff communicated clearly and consistantly with me, which was super helpful. If you're working with a time crunch, it's something to be aware of.

"The job was not what I expected."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at GradStaff (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do find you a job quickly.

Cons

The job unlike the name implies will not required a degree. The job also didnt have any potential for advancing.

Advice to Management

Find people jobs that have promise

Jun 12, 2015 – VP of Corporate Support

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with GradStaff. I can assure you that all of the positions we work to fill do require 4 year college degrees. We are very selective about ... More

"Absolutely RUDE and UNHELPFUL!"

Current Employee - Potential Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Potential Contractor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Prompt response: I applied earlier this week and received a call from the recruiter today.

Cons

The recruiter sounded like she was reading from a script (a long one) and I could not get a word in. Whenever I did get the opportunity to speak or ask a question, she would just refer back to that script of useless information. Asked me what I'm looking for in a position (duties, salary, distance, etc.) but proceeded to reiterate that script again and treated me like my expectations were unreasonable (I am currently working and she tried to sell me on taking a huge pay cut). I finally managed to tell her directly that I don't think their services are for me and that I would probably have better luck elsewhere. Then she mockingly laughed and told me good luck. Totally unprofessional.

Feb 27, 2015 – VP of Corporate Support

I am sorry you had a negative experience with a GradStaff employee. There are certain questions we must ask all applicants and specific information we must share to make sure all candidates are aware ... More

"New York Office"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at GradStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this place. Great co-workers and management. You are actually making a difference here. Everyday I come to work happy that this is my job and ready to make a change.

Cons

Honestly don't have any Cons

"Hands-off recruiting (oxymoron)"

Former Employee - Job Seeker in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Job Seeker in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at GradStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing! I have never had such a dry experience with a staffing agency before. They are so hands-off I feel like I am not even registered with them...

Cons

Been registered with this agency for awhile and was only sent on one interview with a company that was not interested in me at all!! I feel like the recruiters here are lazy and they have very poor communication skills. I do not feel valued as a client and would not recommend this agency to any recent grads. If you are looking for immediate work with good pay go to Kelly Services. GradStaff in Bala Cynwyd, PA sucks!!!

Advice to Management

The recruiters need to learn how to communicate with job seekers better and how to better match one's skills with a potential opportunity so that a job seeker is not sent on a hopeless interview. This type of experience can completely damage one's opinion of your agency as it has with me.

Feb 27, 2015 – VP of Corporate Support

I am sorry to hear that GradStaff was unable to find you a position. Our opportunities change quickly and it is important that candidates use GradStaff and any other service as an addition to his or ... More

"Great Experience with Lots of Support!"

Current Employee - Loan Operations in Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - Loan Operations in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at GradStaff full-time

Pros

I spoke with a representative from GradStaff on the phone for about an hour about my interests and why I wanted to switch careers. I was only a year out of college and realized where I was headed was not quite for me. The representative pulled up my resume and basically ripped it apart. It was the best constructive criticism I have ever got and I am so grateful. I tweaked what they told me to change and resubmitted it to them. This happened on a Tuesday and they wanted to meet with me on Friday for a face to face interview. I arrived early to fill out paperwork. PRO when you go to an interview with them they have you fill out all necessary paperwork for the job you may be placed into. PRO they ask you questions and give you feedback on your answers. PRO they actively search for jobs for you and speak with their clients about placing you. I interviewed on a Friday and they called me the following Tuesday about a possible job. They were brief but ran the opportunity by me to see if I would be interested once they found more information. That was only 2 full business days. They called me the next day to let me know they knew more information and wanted to make sure I wanted to interview. They set up an interview for the following Monday and I was hired for the position Monday afternoon. PRO: They helped me find a job in record time. PRO: They give you resources to prep for interviews and support you every step of the way. PRO: They truly want to find you a perfect match, something that can be long term and that will make you happy.

Cons

Other people have said that they did not help them find a job, but I did not find that to be true. They also said that they didn't hear anything for two weeks. The representative specifically says in the interview that if you do not hear anything to contact them after two weeks. You need to keep yourself on the radar. This may be a con for some, but if you are looking for a job you should actively be staying involved. They allow this to happen, you just need to stay on top of it yourself too.

"GradStaff"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

GradStaff is a great place to gain solid work experience while having exposure to many different industries. If you enjoy a fast paced, always changing, type of work environment then GradStaff is a good fit for you. The people are, for the most part, great to work with. Management was always accomodating of a work/life balance and understood that associates need flexibility. Management wasn't prescriptive in how to get things done. Management was supportive of giving you the framework to succeed and then left it up to each individual to determine the best way to produce results. Common interest among associates made engagement relatively good.

Cons

Management tended to micromanage and have an adverse effect on associates producing results. Management didn't do an appropriate job of disciplining associates when expectations weren't met or mistakes were made. Often this would result in the embarassment of the individual in the midst of his/her co-workers.

Advice to Management

Take feedback and ideas of associates a little more. Maintain professionalism in all situations and not let emotions get the best of you.

"Love what we do!!"

Pros

i love what we do at GradStaff! It's an amazing company!

Cons

None! This is an awesome company to be apart of!

"SO thankful for GradStaff!"

Pros

This was such a seamless process. I was recruited by a GradStaff employee almost immediately after putting my resume on an online job board. I had an initial screening interview with GradStaff and was immediately given a few job interview opportunities. They were wonderful with finding a job that I was interested and a position that could be a long term career. I first was in contact with GradStaff in October and was offered a full time career only a month later. They were incredibly helpful with preparing me for each interview and helped me each step along the way. I am a recent grad with little professional experience so it was much appreciated. They are a wonderful company and drastically changed my career search. Thank you GradStaff!

Cons

There are no cons or complaints for GradStaff. My experience was wonderful!

Advice to Management

N/A