Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Hawes

1. "Great Training and Support"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Approachable management // Great, personalised training from a dedicated in house trainer // flexible working hours which are a god send in recruitment // flexible lunches // competitive holiday allowance with scope to win extra days // good financial rewards // friendly working environment // recognition for hard work // Genuine great service provided to clients and candidates.

Cons

Not necessarily a "downside" but candidates need to be aware that there is a heavy emphasis on the sales side of the role. If you're willing to work long hours and work hard you will be successful here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback provided by annual anonymous surveys as the changes that have been implemented off the back of these surveys have been great.

2. "A Fascinating Experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People. The team at GRB work hard to make the workplace a relaxed but efficient environment. Thanks to Lizzi and Dan Evans in particular for providing great guidance and advice.

Great Opportunities. When working at the GRB for the last two weeks, I felt a real part of a team. I helped to develop their website, did some database analysis and even had the opportunity to write my own articles for them.

Great Service. GRB was a particularly good place to work because of the brilliant service they provide. I would strongly recommend their services in the future to any recent graduates. I intend to use them myself when I graduate in Summer 2017.

Cons

Only thing needed going forward is stronger coffee. Go with Taylors High Voltage, number 7. Powerful stuff.

3. "Fantastic Company to be involved with"

Current Employee - Marketiing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketiing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

- The people- everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It made it very easy to make friends and feel comfortable on a 2 week internship
    - Enthusiastic to teach me new things and new software.
    - Never got fustrated with me asking questions
    - Gave me a true understanding of what a marketing career involved
    - Gave me purposeful tasks and made me feel useful to them rather than an annoyance.

I honestly had a great time at my internship with GRB and really enjoyed learning lots about the company

Cons

Nothing bad to say about it!

5. "Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

The company provided great training and allowed for good career progression. management are passionate about the business and training graduates

Cons

The culture when compared to other recruitment agencies isn't great, and there is little incentive. Commission structure is also poor

Advice to Management

Invest more in the company culture to retain staff and improve commission structure. The company as a whole was great to work for but is behind what other recruitment agencies would provide in culture.

6. "Marketing intern: exciting, friendly and fun"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

- friendly, welcoming team
    - was able to do real work on real projects
    - free coffee and tea
    - Exciting, engaging work
    - An awesome experience of my first office job

Cons

-Nothing if I'm honest. It was a very enjoyable 2 weeks

"Great Company and Great Support"

Pros

Great training focusing on resourcing phone calls, sales and business development and how to manage clients/candidates.
    A very clear progression route to becoming a consultant from day one and support to do so from Managing Consultants/ Directors.
    Friendly and sociable working environment and a team of like minded people.

Cons

There is obviously pressure and drive to hit KPI's and financial targets- similar to any other job in recruitment BUT the rewards/ commission are worth it.

8. "Brilliant company for those interested in a career in recruitment."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

- I have thoroughly enjoyed working for GRB. In the two years I have been with the company I have gained some really valuable experience within recruitment. As a recruitment consultant for GRB I have had great exposure to some amazing clients.
    - Great people
    - Fantastic Training

Cons

-The hours are long and has a negative impact on productivity and work life balance

9. "NOT TRUSTWORTHY and just like working in a call centre"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant

Pros

It's in Brighton- and that's about it

Cons

Management goes around the company pressuring people to leave 5 star reviews- don't be fooled. We work in a crummy little office with headsets and no decent incentives, except for those people that have been here a long time.

Pay is rubbish for a graduate salary (£19k starting) and you'll receive very poor commission. they just train you to be a phone-monkey, always watching the call stats, you might as well work in a call centre.

Advice to Management

Sell it to someone who knows how to incentivise people. Can't wait to leave.

Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) Response

Jun 1, 2016 – Co-Founder

If this is a genuine review I have to assume you were not with the company very long and you perhaps underestimated the commitment required. On behalf of all the hard working team at GRB and ... More

10. "Good Company"

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time

Pros

Enjoyable atmosphere, some really good people and great support and training, so a great place to start a career in Recruitment.

Cons

Commission heavily in favour of those who already have clients. Placing a candidate for someone elses client only gets you 25% of the billing.

Advice to Management

Offering a better split for a resource would help encourage collaboration between consultants
    Reduced hours are a great incentive- find ways to make these available to more junior consultants
    Keep up the great atmosphere and keep hiring people who are conducive to that atmosphere!

11. "An amazing place to work in every aspect"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Positive and hard working atmosphere
    - Forward thinking motivated people
    - Universal respect with minimal hierarchy
    - Very positive outlook on growth
    - Central Brighton office, tucked away 5 minutes from town/seafront
    - Everyone get's on so well (Props to the hiring here, the social fit is always spot on. Every new member of staff is another friend around the pub table on a Friday with something interesting to say)

Cons

- None.

Once your feet are under the desk, and business is moving (which IS hard but rewarding work. You either want it or your don't, all the support and training is there) and you want to stay in Brighton, there's no better place to be in this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great individuals