Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Feb 28, 2019

4.7
Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) CEO Dan Hawes (no image)
Dan Hawes
Pros
  • "Friendly and sociable working environment and a team of like minded people(in 6 reviews)

• "Great location, being in Brighton was great as the social life is fantastic(in 5 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Really special place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am really happy I got to work here, I am already earning decent money compared to my uni mates and will continue to develop my salary over the next year or so. The pay structure is very fair and transparent. The people are excellent, there's an open door policy, there are managers of course but it doesn't feel like a hierarchy. They need you to perform obviously but they also look after you with excellent training and a general nice vibe in the office. The aim is to work up to managing consultant so there is lots of progression for you.

Cons

Long hours you start off at 47 hours which is tiring but this is reduced when you hit targets

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England

Pros

An excellent place to build a career with outstanding support and training in place. The best thing about working at the GRB is without doubt the people; the atmosphere in the office is buzzy and there are always social activities to get involved with. There are also fantastic incentives and opportunities to get involved with volunteering days outside of work. The ongoing training I continue to receive has been outstanding and has equipped me with all the tools I need to forge a successful career with great earning potential. This, combined with the support of senior management, make the GRB a very pleasant place to work. It can take a bit of time to really start seeing the results, but that is the nature of recruitment; what sets the GRB apart from other agencies is the support junior consultants are given to get things off the ground. If you are willing to put in the work, you'll see great results. Senior management really listen to employee feedback and ideas and are often willing to implement changes in line with this.

Cons

Hours are long initially whilst you're getting started, but this is typical of recruitment.

3. "Great Career"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Brighton, England

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic place to have a long-term career. GRB offer excellent training; having an in-house trainer and directors who really get involved in training and development. Very approachable senior management and great colleagues to work with, which means a great vibe in the office. Recruitment isn't the easiest job but if you work hard you can see your earnings spiral way above your peers. Working in the grad market is also fun, fast-paced and no two days are the same. Since working for GRB I have paid off my student loan and bought a flat. If you work hard you will earn very good money. Great bi-annual events including a summer and Christmas party as well as lots of incentives throughout the year and opportunities to do volunteering days and courses.

Cons

Long hours but that is to be expected in recruitment.

Continue reading

"Good company a few tweaks needed"

4.0

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time

Pros

Good friendly office environment Not a cut throat culture Great benefits if you are a top biller Good office culture

Cons

Warn out office, needs a more salesy atmosphere Long hours in your first couple of years

"Big fish small pond culture - ok first job in grad rec"

2.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- No hire/fire mentality - management can be approached - supportive in times when people aren't doing well - some good training on graduate rec - office refurb

Cons

- long hours, clock in/out system means lack of trust - very low basic pay - unrealistic OTEs - only 4 people in the business earn £85k+ - high staff turnover - lack of rewards for doing well - internal politics at times

Continue reading

"Great Training and Support"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Approachable management // Great, personalised training from a dedicated in house trainer // flexible working hours which are a god send in recruitment // flexible lunches // competitive holiday allowance with scope to win extra days // good financial rewards // friendly working environment // recognition for hard work // Genuine great service provided to clients and candidates.

Cons

Not necessarily a "downside" but candidates need to be aware that there is a heavy emphasis on the sales side of the role. If you're willing to work long hours and work hard you will be successful here.

Continue reading
  7. "Brilliant company for those interested in a career in recruitment."

4.0
    Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB)

Pros

- I have thoroughly enjoyed working for GRB. In the two years I have been with the company I have gained some really valuable experience within recruitment. As a recruitment consultant for GRB I have had great exposure to some amazing clients. - Great people - Fantastic Training

Cons

-The hours are long and has a negative impact on productivity and work life balance

8. "An excellent opportunity"

Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) for more than a year

Pros

very supportive, collaborative environment, with completely transparent opportunities to progress. The best thing about this company is that if they can see you have all the capabilities to do the job they will support and train you until you can do it to the best of your ability. not a hire and fire firm, if you work hard this is an environment where you can achieve.

Cons

no cons. hours are reduced on billing and there are always long hours in sales.

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time

Pros

Training in all aspects of recruitment from the ground up. Progression based on personal results. Good money. Great location. Improved incentives.

Cons

Long hours (can be reduced on billing results)

Continue reading
  10. "A great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic training, great management, strong name in the market, the best database of candidates in the UK and based in central Brighton. The biggest though is the people.

Cons

Long hours, but that's recruitment and it's a meritocracy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews