Graebel Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Graebel

Pros
Cons
  • tough work and sometimes long hours (in 8 reviews)

• little contact with upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Need more car to be a global company"

Former Employee - Accounting in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting in Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to grow and learn. Good company with a good number of growing pains. Human resources and managers finally making employees responsible for doing job. A lot of whiners who think the world owes them something more than what they deserve.

Cons

Long term employees who don't understand the work world outside. Very fake and insincere CFO. boasts Bills values but all an act. Very bad managers in accounting who take credit for what you do.

Advice to Management

Go deeper with you accounting layoff up to managers and above. Think you are losing a lot of money on bad people and managers.

"Strong Company with Great future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Global company going through growing pains as it finally moves forward in the right direction after a divesture, and while implementing new technology and systems. Huge undertaking for this company, but past over due. Many of the recent anonymous negative reviews are by folks that are obviously impacted by the company making necessary changes. All successful companies grow, eliminate manual processes, eliminate positions that are no longer needed, and restructure the organization. But not all companies treat those impacted employees the way Graebel does. The company is honest and transparent, and communicates openly with the employees. Most companies would never do that, and they would just tell you today is your last day! Not Graebel. The leadership does care for the employees, and people are treated like family. The leadership is planning the future of the company and they are making decisions that moves positions around, or simply eliminates ones that are no longer necessary. All companies do this!

The company promotes employees that work hard, and make results. It’s not favoritism, or the “in club”. It’s about what contributions are being made. The company is very loyal to the employees, but not all employees are loyal back. The company has great benefits, activities, and events. Great team spirit, fun co-workers, and awesome place to build a career. This company is expanding and growing, plus is a company that simply cares about the employees.

Cons

Some negative co-workers that complain too much, or do not pull their weight. Lots of change happening all at once.

Advice to Management

COO and CFO are great people who truly care and make a positive impact to this company, and to the employees. Keep doing what you are doing guys.

"International Assignment Associate"

Former Employee - International Assignment Associate
    Former Employee - International Assignment Associate

Pros

It is a flat organization; services offered are not complex. Job is customer-service oriented. One knows that work given directly impacts a person or family's relocation experience.

Cons

There is not much room for movement to other teams. This means that one would be stuck to a co-worker who could be too bossy or lazy.

Advice to Management

Have a better performance monitoring system which would actual workload.

"Don't Do it to Yourself"

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time

Pros

The people who work there can become some of your best friends. The CEO is friendly

Cons

Where do I begin?
    - Failed Promises
    - Low Salary
    - Low 401K Policy
    - HR gossiping about what you tell them to other employees (talk about unprofessional)
    - Favoritism
    - No Growth Opportunities
    - Constant change where only the favorites get to grow and the others get left behind
    - Terrible upper management
    - Not really a "diverse" group of people who are managers/directors/etc

Advice to Management

Hope things change - stop having a holier than thou attitude.

"SNEAKY!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Pros have reached the non-existent phase.

Cons

As of January1,2017, Graebel Companies lowered the limits that their employees could accrue PTO before they max out on their accrued vacation and thus lose valued time off and money. Graebel cunningly hid this in the 2017 Benefits Guide but, made no official announcement to the employees about this change. How many employees are going to lose time or pay due to this sneaky action? Personally, I bet Graebel did this in anticipation of all of the layoffs they were going to make. Lower the PTO accrual limits and you can then pay out less in vacation pay to the employees that you're so callously laying off devoid of care!

Advice to Management

Start managing ethically!!!! Start paying attention to the consequences that your decisions and actions have on other people! Graebel Companies, You have lost your moral compass! Your senior leadership team especially, the financial officers and leaders , have led you down a blind, primrose path! WAKE UP!!!!!!

Graebel Companies Response

Jan 31, 2017 – HR Representative

We believe that you have confused us with Graebel Vanlines, which is a separate and unrelated company from Graebel Companies. Beginning in January, 2017, Graebel Companies, Inc. actually increased ... More

"You Do NOT Want to Work Here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Pros

Worked with some good co-workers.
    Offices were nice.

Cons

- Ambush layoffs/moving of jobs to Wisconsin or Ireland
    - Managers who have their positions only because they have been with the company for years, and who aren't going any fruther in the company blocking career advancement for others
    - Unprofessional HR
    - Managment that posts fake reviews for the company to try to make company look like it's a good place to work. It's not.
    - CEO brags about how great the company is doing, but company won't increase it's measly 401k match

Advice to Management

Advice if you're considering Graebel as an employer: DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
    Advice to management: This company has lost it's way.

"Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some good, caring people at line level and mid-management. Not many pros left due to the last 6 years of constant restructuring, management turnover and company layoffs.

Cons

Company has been under constant restructuring for the past 6 years. Since the President of relocation changed around 2014, the company has struggled with maintaining strong, caring senior leaders. Each new leader has changed direction from the previous and employees have suffered through constant policy changes, management playing favorites, department policy changes and department reporting changes (5 bosses in 4 years), particularly for relocation Accounting teams.

A new inexperienced relocation senior leader was appointed to head the relocation accounting teams in 2014 and managed with a top down approach and "my way or the highway" style of management. Good line, knowledgeable line level employees began leaving the company due to the poor leadership and turnover has continued ever since a well liked Director was laid off. New employee service quota's were instituted and the department became more interested in metrics than in the delivering a high quality of service and concerns for the employees.

The company has had continual layoffs the past 6 years due to the constant restructuring of departments such as Client Financial Services. Several weeks before Christmas the company announced layoffs of the Billing and GL departments and are outsourcing these jobs overseas to Ireland and some to Wisconsin to take advantage of the lower pay rate in WI. Additional positions were also laid off in Account Management. The company announced additional layoffs in the accounting groups such as AP and Household Goods processing in January 2017. These layoff announcements have impacted approximately 40 people with job losses in Aurora, CO office.

Human Resources talks about issues and people behind their backs and is only there for the company not the employees. HR and senior leaders troll employee comments and submit positive reviews, claiming any employee negative reviews are false due to bad employees. Good employees have complained with negative results. Company has a lack of ethics, particularly in specific departments.

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing something every year. Stop misleading non-management employees with changes, playing favorites, improve communication from senior leadership and be honest and bring back integrity in management positions. Get back to the family values that governed the company before bringing in outside senior leadership.

"Sliding further down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of no matter how much I try. The coffee was ok maybe. They gave out cake some days.

Cons

Lack of ethics. Lack of proper chain of command with weak leadership in the form of both the people and policy. They like to remind their staff that they are replaceable. They promote individuals of questionable character when they show a complete distain for their co-workers. They make knee jerk reactions caused by fears and this results to individuals losing their jobs. Overall I would suggest a minimum wage job picking garbage as you would be more valued and respected.

Advice to Management

Shut down and give up. Obviously the former glory you once had as a "family" business has been sold off for cash. Mr Graebel should be ashamed to have his name attached to what this business has become.

"Wish I worked here sooner - I love my job"

Current Employee - International Assignment Consultant in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - International Assignment Consultant in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time

Pros

Like no company you've ever seen.
    I still cannot believe I get to work here. You’re treated so well that your happiness really passes off onto the customers that you serve. When you’re excited about your job and your work life, it’s easy to be happy and helpful to your customers. I came from a very large, micromanaging, unhealthy corporate environment where no one helped anyone because that meant that person could take your job and every department conspired against other departments within the same company to make their own department look better and there was no work life balance or sense of employee thanks or community/teamwork and coming to a place like Graebel has been life-changing for me.
    It truly feels like a family here, every single person in this building is friendly and helpful. The training they give you is phenomenal. You feel prepared, empowered and best of all, everyone has such an open-door policy if you have questions about anything. I feel like I made tons of best friends my first week and I was the type of person that didn’t believe in being friendly with coworkers. I was wrong.
    Great work-life balance, great pay, and the best vacation package you'll ever be offered as a new hire. Benefits are wonderful. I wake up every day and am happy and excited to go to work. The culture here is such a melting pot of great people with amazing backgrounds and everyone is excited to share everything with you and they are excited that you are there. The environment just feels so positive.
    To read this, you'd assume that a company that is this laid back wouldn't be very productive but they really are. The steps they take to provide training and information and knowledge to their employees to better serve their clients is just inspiring. I actually love going to the trainings. They are conducted by animated and knowledgeable people that make learning fun and you have a great time. They purposely have you attend trainings with people outside of your department bubble so it allows you to get to know everyone, from every group and it’s such a great thing. Makes you feel so much like one big team focusing on one common goal and that’s to be the best we can be for our customers. I have truly never seen training like this company provides. I’ve done customer service for years and I know how to speak to people and how to treat them but the more and more training I get here, I realize there are so many more things I can learn and so many more tools I’m being given.
    Again, coming from such a cold corporate environment made me completely blind to how important being one big team is and how it makes you care about the company itself. When you’re good to your employees, like Graebel is, we actually want to see the company do well and move forward and we want to be a part that. At least I do. You find that you no longer go to work for a paycheck, you go to work wanting to make a difference, help make the company great and I think that really spills over into the cheerfulness and friendliness we provide for our clients.
    They have fresh fruit brought in for employees a couple times a week, they have summer lunch BBQs and a ping pong table outside, you can get a free FitBit and other perks like discounts on daycare. Management brings around a snack cart with snacks and healthy food some Fridays. Just so many things to make you smile and give back to the employees. There isn’t a lot of places to eat around the office but they have a great little cafeteria with new meals every day and great fresh salads and snacks. Free coffee machines all over, I’m not a coffee drinker so I don’t know how great it is but people rave about them and they look very fancy so that’s a plus.
    What really appeals to me is that there is so much movement in this company. You have endless possibilities to move up or move to another department and learn the ropes there. Many people I’ve talked to moved from other departments within Graebel and there are promotions all the time. For the first time in my career, I am excited about where my job can actually go. Everyone you talk to here is excited about Graebel as a company and about where we are all going together. I’ve never been so interested in the history and the future of a company like I am here. Not only do I want to succeed but I truly want Graebel to succeed. And believe it not, that really helps when you come to work every day with that attitude and with a building full of people with that same attitude.
    The incentives are great also. Wonderful ways to earns bonuses and the salaries are very competitive. The video phones and encouraging of using the videos when talking to each other really helps build bonds between teams. Its great knowing who is helping me with an order and seeing them or being able to go walk to their desk and speak with them in person.
    The social committee does so many fun things for holidays and they have new Hire breakfasts and Halloween contests. They even have a massage person that comes in for you to make an appointment with during your lunch time.
    You get paid off volunteer time
    When you’re hired on, they give you the option to be set up with a Graebel Ambassador. This person takes you to lunch, is there to really welcome you and ask about you and how you’re fitting in and what you need.
    This is how a job is supposed to be, this is how to do it right. The majority of people want to be productive members of society and when you give them the freedom and support to do their job and the tools to really be successful in it, you’re going to build a great thing. I’m really excited to watch this company grow and be a part of it. I wish I had become a part Graebel sooner, quite honestly

The interview process was pretty long but well worth it. I had 3 separate interviews and all were pretty standard with great questions. The last interview I wasn't asked any questions but I was asked to explain why I think I would be a good fit for the job and I was just given the opportunity to speak which was great. It took about 3 weeks for an offer and 2 weeks before I started

Cons

None really, the 401K match is a little low but that's it

Advice to Management

As the company grows, don't change your core values of how you treat your employees. That's the problem with big corporations today, they change the wrong ways with the change. Don't ever become that

"Another lie from Graebel"

Former Employee - Auditor in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Auditor in Aurora, CO

Pros

NONE!!! Slow to give raises to deserving employees. Mandatory Overtime because of
    mis-management and continual lies. I was also discriminated against for continuing employment after they moved my job to Wisconsin.

Cons

Below is what I was told regarding the 1-5 year awards. I was employed from 2011-2016 so I was eligible for this and they told me I would be getting this but now it ALL starts for 2017 employees. I was going to get a $250.00 bonus but instead they LIED yet again!!

The service award enhancement level of 1-year and 5-years is effective 1/1/2017; it will not be awarded retrospective.
     It would be for those who hit the milestone beginning in 2017 forward. When introducing a new layer to a program there are always individual’s affected; that is why a standard enhancement date is implemented to administer under the current program and moving forward the enhanced program.