Graebel Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Bill Graebel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • In the past communication from upper management was considered a con, however, in the past 2 years this has GREATLY improved (in 11 reviews)

• None really, the 401K match is a little low but that's it (in 10 reviews)

1. "True employer of choice"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities, recognition of hard work from the front line to the executive team, family owned environment where management and leadership truly values you and treats you like family, work from home benefits up to 2 days per week for front line tenured employees

Cons

As with any relocation industry jobs it can be stressful and long hours, 401k match could be more competitive than 50%, parking is getting limited due to growth (good problem to have)

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for your feed back, we appreciate it. We are reviewing an increase to the 401K match, as we have each year. However, because we have to maintain a budget we have chosen to keep the... More

2. "Good Company Overall"

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Good pay
    *Good hours
    *Good atmosphere
    *Promotion of a healthy lifestyle
    *Relaxed dress code
    *Located in a good area
    *Office activities

Cons

*Little room for professional growth
    *New managers are hired with no relocation experience, so the hard workers on the frontline that have been with the company are stuck training new managers rather than getting the promotion.
    *Poor communication from management
    *Because there is high turner, you are always working double time. In addition to doing your primary duties you are assisting others due to someone leaving the company.
    *Management only cares about the business. This has not always been the case but because the turn over is so high the culture changes every 6 months.

Advice to Management

Get back to caring about your employees and following Bill Graebel's core values.

3. "Great culture , slim career tragectory"

Former Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture , the people become family
    Open door policy
    Good PTO benefits and free healthy snacks
    Onsite gym
    Tuition reimbursement
    CEO is very passionate and caring person

Cons

Reactive not proactive
    Lack of career growth
    Hard to find parking

Advice to Management

Invest in your people's career growth
    Too many managers and promotion of Senior leadership
    Promote by merit , unless mgmt likes you good luck with that...

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the input. We are continuing to work on a formal career pathing program, and to do it well, it takes time. Even then we can not always have opportunities... More

"CEO has heart in right place but management doesn't share values"

Former Employee - CDM in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - CDM in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Old culture values of love and respect can still be found. Good company amenities in Denver office. Decent benefits. Strong RMC business model.

Cons

Management at the mid-senior level do not appear to care anymore about those they manage. They are more focused on their own achievements, goals and ego. Poor technology and consultant support systems.

Advice to Management

Restore the values which made Graebel a once uniquely personal and respected organization.

Sep 25, 2017

Thank your for your feedback and advice. We are working hard to embed our values, and continue to provide training for managers and leaders to drive top management and leadership skills. We will... More

5. "You want to work here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truth, Love and Integrity - that is the foundation of our Company. I have worked here for over 5 years and love this place. That does not mean there are not tough days, but if you keep your head down, hustle, ask questions and be honest with yourself and your manager about what you need and where you want to go - Graebel is a home for you.

Cons

Relocation is a tough industry as you are dealing with peoples lives and it can be draining to manage the overall health of the relocation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Love you guys!!

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome any constructive feedback and hope to continually improve.

6. "Solid company to work for"

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time

Pros

Opportunity
    Culture
    Growth
    Open Minded leaders
    Excellent PTO benefits

Cons

Lack of training and job preparation,
    compensation could be better
    Relo benefits are not competitive to other organizations
    Need better training for middle management

Advice to Management

Invest in your talent for less turnover

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are interested in understanding more about where you feel there is a lack of training and job preparation . We would appreciate it if you could provide more detail... More

7. "Happy to be where I am"

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Graebel offers fair benefits, fair pay, great PTO accrual, Wellness benefits and most of us can basically choose our work hours.
    Managers and Supervisors are accommodating to family or personal needs.
    The work is fulfilling and we all have the potential with hard work to move up if we so choose. Graebel also offers tuition reimbursement.
    I feel honored to work for a company that gives back to their communities by offering paid time off for volunteer work.
    I feel that if I ever have any problems I can go to my HR to discuss them and they will help in any way they can.
    I am very confused by some of the other reviews I have read. I can understand there may be some truth to some but I have not seen that myself. Are there some bad Managers? I'm sure there are. Are there some bad employees? Of course. Maybe what they are perceiving as "Bad Managers" is in relation to the caliber of employee they are dealing with?? I can't say for sure.
    I enjoy the fun activities we do. We have great Holiday and Summer parties and they surprise us with fun afternoon activities sometimes too. We all work long hours and we work hard so it's nice for them to break things up a bit with a snack attack or Bingo.
    I've worked for Graebel for a long time and I can say that it's better now than it ever has been. The "old" Graebel was getting bad because there were a lot of bad attitudes. They are working hard to keep those out. Of course we still have some but they either leave or are dismissed for good reason. A bad attitude is like a cancer to the rest of us. I try to ignore the chronic complainers but it is very difficult sometimes. I feel like everyone is working really hard for this "new" Graebel to not get like it once was before the divestiture took place. I feel like I work with a really great group of people.
    We have Bill Graebel, what more can I say? He's a great guy who truly cares and we are so lucky to call him our leader.

Cons

I don't have many. I do wish the pay was a bit higher and I feel like some Managers do pick favorites.
    Communication isn't the greatest. We never know when someone is leaving the company, sometimes they are gone before word is out. Why can't we know these things?
    There are some employees who are chronic complainers or continue to cause drama or just plain cannot do the job that are kept on. When a person has to be trained and re-trained several times for something that is not a difficult task then you have to just cut your losses and let that person go. It's a waste of resources to have to go over things multiple times yet they keep that person? It's baffling.

Advice to Management

You're all doing great. Share with us things that are happening. Listen to the things happening around you. I know you're all very busy but be a bit more tuned in.

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for your feedback, it is important to us. Particularly the areas in which you feel we can improve. In regard to communication we are working on improving our overall communication, and will... More

"Destination Service Provider"

Former Employee - Destination Service Provider in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Destination Service Provider in Denver, CO

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like customer service then this is a good position for you

Cons

I found the company to be very disorganized. Some of upper management really does want to do the right thing by their employees but there is a clique there and if you're in it's great--if you don't make it in their clique then look out!

Advice to Management

Know what is happening in lower management

Sep 11, 2017

thank you very much for your feedback. We would appreciate more information on what you feel to be disorganized. If you would be so kind, please use MySafeWorkPlace.com to provide us additional... More

9. "Forward thinking leadership!"

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Commercial Accounts in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Strategic Commercial Accounts in Denver, CO

I have been working at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Continued reinvestment into the future of the company.
    - Solid financially.
    - Employee centric.

Cons

No major cons that come to mind.

Aug 29, 2017

Thank you for your support!!

10. "Not Family Friendly"

I worked at Graebel Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers.. Enjoyable environment (coworkers only, not management)

Cons

Hire people and quick to fire. Internal advancement but only if you are 'the right clique'. Not Family oriented. Got fired while covered under FMLA...can only use so much of your earned PTO time, if you don't plan ahead, you get docked and warned (because we can totally forsee emergencies or illnesses happen in advance.. Hire micromanagers who don't know the job and try to change things in the department for their own benefit...worked almost 8 years and only got a 1.75 dollar raise the whole time. Got skipped over a raise while on maternity leave...I could go on...

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and stop acting like you're above and beyond..we are all equal and it's us 'peons' who help the business succeed

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. However we are puzzled because we are unaware of anyone who has left our company recently who has experienced anything like you describe. Perhaps you worked for Graebel... More