Gragg Advertising Marketing Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Gragg Advertising CEO Greg Gragg
Greg Gragg

"Mostly Positive"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great. The staff is, with only a few exceptions, very friendly and fun. Management doesn't mind foul language so it's very laid back. Though I can't speak for others, the PPL department is well managed. Lots of employee raffles and giveaways that include Royals tickets or gift cards. Every major holiday is PTO and includes the day previous as a half-day.

Cons

The benefits package is less than satisfactory. Starting pay is quite low. A lot of people speak poorly of Greg Gragg, and make no mistake the man is eccentric, but I've rarely found him unreasonable.

Gragg Advertising2015-09-09

"Worst place to work, best place to leave"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everywhere else will be more enjoyable Benefits (especially the PTO) Decent pay Opportunity to grow (since everyone else runs away) Taking days off Every day you’re not in the office Coworkers

Cons

Management Work/life balance Day to day tasks Industry Clients While there is a good pto package in place, your ability to take it is nonexistent. You have to work when you’re off or they’ll fire you. Hours, you’re required to work more than 40 hrs/week or you will be fired

Advice to Management

Make life more enjoyable in the office. Quit the duplicative work from team to team. The “omg, we’re so busy” mentality does not make for better employees or output. Especially when the busy is just busy work.

Gragg Advertising2017-11-17

"Appalling Behavior"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time

Pros

Literally none, other than the commradory you'll form with the other suffering employees.

Cons

A heads up, any positive reviews on here are actual employees at Gragg pressured into creating fake positive reviews to compensate for the truly honest ones that get written. This place is a MESS. Anytime I've mentioned to others, whether professional or personal, that I've worked at Gragged, they have an almost immediate understanding and ask how I managed? This place has the MOST corrupt CEO and especially... President/COO. They will do just about anything to keep business and everyone will tell you about it whether it's your first week employees or a month in. It's a total crapshoot and a stretch to even call themselves an "Ad Agency". Be prepared to have 0 direction, hostility between different departments because everyone looks out for themselves vs functioning as a team with a common goal. Don't be shocked when the President/COO tries to say the nature of the Advertising world is high turnover, etc. While that may be true in some cases, here at Gragg, it's simply about staying afloat and making sure the CEO, who you will rarely see, can take his vacations and do little to nothing in the community or the company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your President/COO. If you're going to do shady things, pick who knows because everything you've done internally involving client relations to employee relations, people know and continue to talk about. Try and make an actual difference in your workplace and community instead of focusing on your paychecks and turning people loose.

Gragg Advertising2017-03-24

"Get in and get out"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everywhere else will be better Lots of fun people PTO & benefits Great way to get your foot in the door at other agencies or marketing positions

Cons

Leadership Work life balance Industry Clients Growth opportunities - you can grow here, you'll just never be able to leave

Advice to Management

Don't put all your eggs in one basket

Gragg Advertising2016-07-01

"Don't take the job"

Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising for more than a year

Pros

I learned ALOT, but I wasn't trained at all. My boss would talk down to me for making a mistake, yet never taught me a thing until I was 8 months in.

Cons

High turn over. The owner thinks he is God. At the Christmas party, he referred to us as "little people". I wasn't able to take a lunch because my manager told me "we don't take lunches here."

Advice to Management

Help your employees

Gragg Advertising2015-04-14

"Learning Environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty good opportunity. Fun and smart people.

Cons

Expected to learn a lot in a short time.

Gragg Advertising2014-06-13