Gragg Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2019

2.9
Gragg Advertising CEO Greg Gragg
Greg Gragg
  1. "Full Service - Fast Paced Advertising Agency"

Former Employee - Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Extremely knowledgeable leadership that shares Industry information with staff in weekly Graggrichment meetings. Advertising is a continuously evolving industry so it's great to have leadership that keeps us on the cutting edge. * All of my direct supervisors were professional, experienced, and quick to respond if needed. * I was able to work autonomously and as part of a team on many projects. * The people... who work at Gragg are just the best and I loved working in the River Market! * You have the opportunity to cross train at Gragg and learn multiple skills! * The benefits package was very good including 401K options.

Cons

*You have to pay for parking, or use the commuter lot, but it's a small price to pay for a River Market dedicated parking spot.

Advice to Management

Keep the ice machine.

Gragg Advertising2019-10-19
  2. "You want Opportunity? This is the place!"

Former Employee - Management in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Chance to make a difference. Not a lot of "levels"...anyone can have candid conversation with anyone. No better opportunity to learn.

Cons

For me, it was location. But for most younger people, River Market area is what they prefer. It's probably not a "5 year stop" for everybody, but it can be a 2-3 year stop for anybody.

Advice to Management

Change your employee acquisition strategy. Go on-campus, do interviews at career days.

Gragg Advertising2019-09-18
  3. "Fast Paced, High learning environment"

Former Employee - PPC Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked there for two years and learned more in the job than anywhere else I worked. Their approach of direct response forces everyone to be accountable for their job duties and to generate results for the client. It allows for great feedback all the time. Management works in the trenches with the team. Hands on CEO, who cares about the people

Cons

Fast paced. If you are an entitled millennial this is not the place for you. We did not sit around and drink espresso and eat avocado toast.

Advice to Management

Keep training and teaching. Maybe also add in a better profit sharing program.

Gragg Advertising2019-08-30
  4. "Unbiased Review - Gragg is a Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising full-time

Pros

Gragg is a great place to learn and grow in an industry that is constantly evolving. Simply put – do your job and be committed to it. Come in to work on time and have a good attitude. You will be rewarded. There is no perfect place and everyone has different experiences but like anything else in life you get out what you put in and you will reap what you sow. Regardless of whatever issues some may feel there... are – the bottom line is there are two types of people at Gragg Those who fail and those who succeed. Common traits of those who fail: If you feel entitled, lack work ethic, lack self-discipline, need to be micro-managed or don’t commit to learn and grow in your craft or like to spend time complaining and criticizing about the perceived wrongs or issues, then Gragg is not the place for you. These are the people that fail at Gragg and find themselves upset with bad attitudes and ultimately some end up leaving poor reviews. Common traits of those who succeed: Those who possess a strong work ethic, apply themselves, are dedicated and committed to learning and doing their job well. If you are self-motivated, self-disciplined, detail-oriented, responsible, are a team player and not afraid of work and want to learn, you will be rewarded. Those who focus on accomplishing and achieving and solving problems rather than creating drama. The marketing and advertising business is demanding and can be stressful especially when working with high maintenance clients. As with any business, it takes commitment, discipline and good old-fashioned work. If you are not afraid of that and you have a good attitude, Gragg is a great place to work. Even if you find you may not like what you do as much as you thought, learn as much as you can and let it propel you to other possibilities. I have witnessed management support this position and I have also witnessed many former employees obtain better positions with other companies from the knowledge and experience gained at Gragg. I also know of some who after leaving Gragg and a poor review on Gragg, have went on to a string of other companies and ended up leaving just as poor reviews for them. As long as you don’t expect everything to just be given to you and you aren’t afraid to earn it – come work at Gragg. Laid back atmosphere Great people to work with No one is micro-managed Generous PTO and vacation hours Good benefits Good culture Everyone is expected to be at work on time but you come and go as you please. No punching time clocks and no one manages when you come and go. Gragg employees not only receive paid holidays off which most companies do but employees are allowed to leave early 2 – 3 hours on the day before every major paid holiday off. Vacation time off is accrued very generously more so than what most companies give. Extra PTO given just for summer hours The ownership generously shares excess profits with employees in the form of bonuses at the end of a profitable year. The leadership team encourages people to learn all they can and they freely educate to share knowledge and empower people even when knowing that people are planning to move on. The ownership is passionate about their business. Employees can often mistake passion for negativity in certain situations.

Cons

Parking is an issue in downtown KCMO. Parking is not free although it is much cheaper for being a Gragg employee than if you were just paying to park.

Advice to Management

N/A

Gragg Advertising2019-08-30
  5. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment! Everyone in the office is very helpful and productive. All my coworkers are very down to earth and positive people.

Cons

After working here for more than a year I still have no complaints.

Gragg Advertising2019-08-30
  6. "Great experience at Gragg"

Current Employee - Vice President of Social Media in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Leadership invests in staff - Sense of community is strong - Opportunities for learning across all media platforms - Fun Committee organizes fun social activities - Well-regarded in advertising & marketing circles - Hands-on CEO and leadership - Team environment

Cons

We have had high-turnover of late because of in-demand fields, such as PPC and social media. It is not because of employee satisfaction.

Gragg Advertising2019-08-27

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Gragg Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with the company about five months and love it here. Very friendly people to work with and a positive environment. My boss is one of my favorite that I've worked for. I work in a sales position and enjoy that I can always reach him when I need to.

Cons

I don't really have anything to ad to this. I will say that some of the negative reviews that I've read are left by people that are no longer with the company. The things I've read I don't feel are true ,and it's unprofessional to bash a employer that supported you financially.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

Gragg Advertising2017-04-20

"Dream Job !!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gragg embarrassed my individual skills, values, and ideas. The leadership team has given me support and encouragement, allowing me to gain the experience that will help me continue to be successful. The collaboration & culture among everyone is great!

Cons

I don't recommend drinking the office coffee

Advice to Management

Communicate with your team regularly and embrace new ideas / innovation that will help the agency grow.

Gragg Advertising2016-11-22

"Lots of Opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Genuinely Invested Management -Friendly Co-Workers -Meaningful Work I was at Gragg for over a year and appreciated how much my managers worked with me to develop a career path to grow within the company. Entry-level employees actually have a voice that's heard by senior management, which was nice. Co-workers were helpful and made the atmosphere fun. There was almost always some random activity/pot luck... going on in different departments. Off-site volunteer events were scheduled regularly during business hours.

Cons

-Not your typical "advertising" agency with ping pong tables and a lounge. -Limited Parking

Advice to Management

Offer more interactive training opportunities for staff looking to grow professionally and understand their impact on the agency's "big picture".

Gragg Advertising2015-05-28

"Flexible and Intelligent"

Former Employee - Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gragg Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture of the company provides opportunities to immerse yourself in the digital marketing sphere and really learn a lot. Management is flexible and understanding when it comes to life/work balance. The co-workers are intelligent and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

Because it is a smaller company, it has a more casual feel to it. However, the size does limit promotion opportunities. Overall, you will get out of it what you put into it. If you work hard, are honest, and do your best, you can do very well at Gragg and gain some great experience and knowledge.

Advice to Management

Many of your employees have advanced skills that are not being utilized. If an employee comes to you with a skill that can benefit the company, make the resources available for that employee to put those skills to work for you.

Gragg Advertising2014-06-05