Graham Capital Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Graham Capital Management Reviews

Updated Jan 9, 2020

4.2
Graham Capital Management Chief Investment Officer and President Mr. Pablo Calderini (no image)
Mr. Pablo Calderini
Pros
  • "Very friendly culture (none of the old-school brash wall street personalities) and very reasonable work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Overall, Graham provides a very attractive work environment in which employees can build a rewarding career(in 8 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management realizes that to stay competitive within the hedge fund industry, they need to attract and retain the best talent. As a result, there has really been a renewed effort in the last few years to enhance the employee experience at Graham. Many very tangible improvements have been made including enhanced communication from management, facility upgrades, internal education programs, and changes to benefit packages to improve work/life balance. Despite operating in what is generally thought of as a pretty cut-throat industry, there is a real sense within the firm that management genuinely values its employees and is making the necessary investments to maintain its competitive position. Overall, Graham provides a very attractive work environment in which employees can build a rewarding career.

Cons

None that I can think of

Graham Capital Management2019-06-18
  2. "Balanced"

Former Employee - Technology

I worked at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, beautiful location, interesting work

Cons

Limited career growth, normal for a small staff

Graham Capital Management2019-09-11

"good place to work"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work life balance, positive working environment, smart coworkers

Cons

work gets boring after a period of time

Graham Capital Management2019-08-09

"Phenomenal Experience"

Current Employee - Portfolio Analyst

I have been working at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at Graham roughly ~2 years ago. My time at Graham has been rewarding on a professional level as well as a personal level. I had worked at a bulge-bracket bank out of college and the culture was lacking. At Graham I have the freedom to work on what I am passionate about while surrounded by like-minded and intelligent peers. On top of this, the collegial and tight-knit culture at the firm makes work enjoyable from a personal standpoint. In regards to financial incentive / pay, if you work hard and more importantly perform, the compensation is just as or more competitive than any other top HF. Lastly, the office is beautiful and a change of pace from the doldrum and grey skyscrapers of Manhattan. Also the cuisine is excellent and affordable at the in-house dining room.

Cons

This section is not applicable.

Graham Capital Management2019-06-14
  5. "If you are intellectually curious and enjoy working in a positive environment"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Rowayton, CT

Pros

- An intellectually stimulating environment, with a team who are honest, encouraging, respectful and disciplined - Career development and upward mobility - A meritocracy regarding compensation - you work hard and you do well; the firm does well, you benefit - The firm continues to grow at a healthy pace - and with high quality investment offerings - Excellent maternity/parental leave - Super commute if you are local - and easy if you are coming via Metro-North

Cons

- The onsite cafe is almost too good - watch out for the "freshman five!" (and make use of the gym and brilliant location for outdoor running/walking)

Graham Capital Management2019-06-17
  6. "Company on autopilot."

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours are easy, has a gym

Cons

Company management is checked out. They are just trying to get whatever they can out of it.

Graham Capital Management2019-06-03

"Great place to work."

I have been working at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience at Graham has been very positive. Management is genuine, thoughtful and receptive. Employees are motivated, intelligent and friendly. The firm overall aims to promote a sense of community.

Cons

I have no current cons.

Graham Capital Management2019-03-25
  8. "Mediocre place to work, easy to become complacent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rowayton, CT

I worked at Graham Capital Management full-time

Pros

Very easy to do what you want when you want to; come and go when you please for personal stuff; coffee.

Cons

The company is just on autopilot. Just looking to make senior management enough money to keep paying the bills.

Graham Capital Management2019-02-20

"Beware the quarterly cull"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Market but not outstanding compensation Attempts to build a friendlier workplace Team atmosphere on surface but below every its person for themselves Campus grounds Commute

Cons

Frequent purging of workforce related to overall company performance Moody management (from top down) Hard to find a pen and paper (strict inventory control), yeah it's like that!

Graham Capital Management2019-01-29

"Excellent hedge fund"

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Graham Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive organization, excellent corporate culture

Cons

there are no cons for this org

Graham Capital Management2018-11-22