KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Grainger

Engaged Employer

Grainger

Add a Review

Grainger Employee Reviews about "profit sharing"

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 372 of over 2,920 reviews

3.9
Grainger Chief Executive Officer  DG Macpherson
DG Macpherson
Pros
  • "They take care of you with great benefits and profit sharing(in 373 reviews)

• "Flexible hours with great benefits(in 283 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Home Work Life Balance Is a Struggle(in 118 reviews)

• "Upper Management can be clueless(in 78 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grainger and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "profit sharing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A big company that treats you like family

Oct 8, 2021 - Distribution Center Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Grainger. They take care of you with great benefits and profit sharing. The corporate office (back when I was part of Inside Sales) is incredible. They hire the best of the best and create a culture designed to drive success.

Cons

Not many, but being honest: they have a lot processes in place that seem overdone and unnecessarily complicated. This will get annoying. Also, even though I wasn't a warehouse laborer, the company doesn't value the warehouse team nearly as much as they should. They get paid well, but the expectations are a little much. It's not Amazon by any means but could be better.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee

Be Quiet

Oct 6, 2021 - Confidential in Lake Forest, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the finest people I worked with. It was a great company at one time but they have taken away benefits (profit sharing for example) while raising workload and expectations.

Cons

They have some programs such as " Be Brave" and "Bring Your Authentic Self to Work" as well as the Employee Engagement Survey where you rate your manager. I am sure there were good intentions behind these but in the hands of some managers, it is putting a target on some employees backs if you dare be honest. Retaliation is a huge issue in some departments. Be quiet if you want a promotion or to keep your job. I have seen strong performers let go under the cover of "reorg" because they spoke up. This is not fooling anyone. We all know be quiet or be gone!

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Long term conservative employer

Oct 25, 2021 - Portfolio Manager in Lake Forest, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of process and rules to follow, making it easy to perform to expectations Good profit sharing and salary

Cons

Not a lot of advancement or creativity Lots of churn within IT organizations for the past several years as the company tries to figure out what kind of future they want to build. Change doesn't happen very quickly.

4. 5.0

great company

Aug 18, 2021 - COUNTER SALES in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management from top to bottom was exceptional. salary is competitive as well as profit sharing being amazing. great team atmosphere.

Cons

none come to mind. I enjoyed my time working for Grainger. only "con" would be that it is difficult to work overtome.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sinking Ship

Nov 23, 2020 - Accouny Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and Profit Sharing (Prior to 2020) Diverse Product Offering Work from Home

Cons

-Low Annual Salary for Industry Standard (much less than median standard) -Very Slow Internal Processes and Many Roadblocks to keep us from Growing -Diminishing Commissions due to Exeecingly High Goals and Frequent Comp Changes - Very Stressfilled Environment and the feeling of being squeezed dry by Corporate Initiatives that lack any forethought or marketplace intelligence - Management does not care for employees and we are just a means to an end for corporate ambition - Training and Corporate Sales Force Metrics are outlandish considering the amount of added work we are all undertaking just to keep our heads above water. - Too much corporatized language will make you feel like you are in a robotic uncreative environment - Benefits and Pay are getting hacked while work loads are increasing - If you are a forward thinker who sees what needs to be changed to help current broken processes don't expect to make it far!! They do not want beneficial change! They just care about status and checking boxes to "look good" to their investors. They don't want to solve issues and thereby make employees better, happier and more productive!!

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Bad company was good but now they don't care

Oct 15, 2021 - Ossc in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Profit-sharing was good. Benefits

Cons

Management, Raises, Recognition, Working with people that have become disabled.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The worst place I ever worked at as a female executive

Oct 18, 2021 - Commercial Salees Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The profit sharing at the time was good.

Cons

Sexual Harassment was the name of the game. 10 years at the company.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Progressive Company

May 24, 2021 - Open Order Management Specialist in Janesville, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k, Health, Vision, Dental, PTO, Profit Sharing, Continued Education, Internal Advancement etc.

Cons

There really aren’t any. It is a performance culture so you do need to do your job and do it well. Don’t come and expect to do bare minimum. Attendance is struck but PTO increases the longer you stay with company and all employees are given 5 Emergency PTO days that are like free days that don’t count against you attendance for unapproved or last minute absences.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Little room for advancement if you don't know the right people

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, 401k and profit sharing

Cons

Impossible almost to advance unless you know the managers personally.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Jan 3, 2021 - Picker/Packer in Southaven, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have an awesome benefits package that you receive the day you start for Full-time employees and part-time employees; including PTO and holiday pay. They have a profit sharing plan for all permanent associates; not many companies invest in their people.

Cons

The only issue I had was, I had to pick up the slack. I would finish my area and then have to go help finish other areas because people were slacking. The process in holding people accountable for rate per hour needs to be changed. Many associates were getting burnt out because of this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 372 Reviews