Grainger Employee Reviews about "profit sharing"

Updated Dec 1, 2020

3.9
Grainger Chief Executive Officer  DG Macpherson
DG Macpherson
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "profit sharing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place to work for warehouse."

5.0

I worked at Grainger

Pros

Company takes care of the employees. Generous benefits - profit sharing plan, PTO, retirement match, sick time. Was not expecting for a warehouse gig.

Cons

Warehouse work in general is pretty thankless.

"Think Twice"

2.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Grainger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Compensation, beautiful campus, day one health care, generous PTO (but when you’re on PTO you are your own backup), employee discount program, profit sharing used to be great – it was 20% at target but profit sharing has been eliminated and has gone to 6% in your 401K.

Cons

Grainger is a place where people will thrive if you live to work. If that’s you – read no further, for the people who work to live please continue. I worked in for Grainger for 6+ years. When I joined Grainger was on the Fortunes top 100 places to work for multiple years, it has since fallen off with apparently no goal to return. If you look at the CEO’s background he comes from consulting so it shouldn’t be a surprise that Grainger is moving in that direction, constant re-orgs, do more with less, over worked, nepotism, just a toxic culture, they look at the result not how someone achieved the result which promotes bad behaviors. The company has created a caste system and depending on where you land in that will determine your experience. Great place to get some good experience but not a place you’ll want to spend your career. They talk about work life balance, and the importance of family, but if you’re looking for that go somewhere else, the way they are resourced you’re lucky to only work 50 hours a week. If you're over 50 don't bother applying.

"Sinking Ship"

2.0
    Current Employee - Accouny Manager

I have been working at Grainger full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits and Profit Sharing (Prior to 2020) Diverse Product Offering Work from Home

Cons

-Low Annual Salary for Industry Standard (much less than median standard) -Very Slow Internal Processes and Many Roadblocks to keep us from Growing -Diminishing Commissions due to Exeecingly High Goals and Frequent Comp Changes - Very Stressfilled Environment and the feeling of being squeezed dry by Corporate Initiatives that lack any forethought or marketplace intelligence - Management does not care for employees and we are just a means to an end for corporate ambition - Training and Corporate Sales Force Metrics are outlandish considering the amount of added work we are all undertaking just to keep our heads above water. - Too much corporatized language will make you feel like you are in a robotic uncreative environment - Benefits and Pay are getting hacked while work loads are increasing - If you are a forward thinker who sees what needs to be changed to help current broken processes don't expect to make it far!! They do not want beneficial change! They just care about status and checking boxes to "look good" to their investors. They don't want to solve issues and thereby make employees better, happier and more productive!!

4. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Grainger full-time

Pros

Great profit sharing program at grainger

Cons

High stress environment which can be unhealthy

5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative

I have been working at Grainger full-time

Pros

Great benefits 401k Profit sharing Dental & medical insurance

Cons

Not as much opportunity to move when you would like to another position Metrics have to all be green first before moving positions

6. COVID-19

"Horrible management"

Current Employee - Online Customer Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grainger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Profit sharing, good knowledgeable team members, wfh with pandemic

Cons

Allow horrible management to lead - promotion based on who you know not what you know and can do. Unreasonable expectations for metrics require “cutting corners”. Pay is okay raises are tiny.

Continue reading
  7. "IT Organizational Changes Frequently"

Former Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Grainger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Company to Work For. Pay is better than avg. Profit Sharing is great.

Cons

IT Leadership is still figuring it out. 3 CIO in 7 yrs with lots of change to follow. Lots of politics. Some struggle in the culture.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Outbound Supervisor

I have been working at Grainger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Great benefits and Profit sharing

Cons

Long hours Favors team members more than supervisors

"Poor UX Leadership, Poor culture."

1.0
    Former Employee - User Experience in Chicago, IL

I worked at Grainger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great profit sharing program. Very talented team members

Cons

Horrible UX leadership(no longer there). Backstabbing and not supportive of middle management. Promoted very talented, but toxic employees. Lack of accountability and a "do as I say, not as a I do" culture. Non-supportive HR staff that never held senior leadership accountable for poor management practices.

10. "Great Company Culture & Benefits, minimal innovation"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Grainger full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Retirement/Profit Sharing Work/Life Balance Extremely ethical company Great values & culture

Cons

Not much change in go-to market strategy Slow to adopt modern practices and approaches

Viewing 1 - 10 of 382 English Reviews