Cover image for Grammarly

Found 217 of over 235 reviews

4.6
Grammarly CEO Brad Hoover
Brad Hoover

What people are saying about Grammarly

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and company values(in 34 reviews)
  • "Amazing people working with ethics and values.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Great team with creative and positive attitude without an ego problem(in 19 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly and always willing to extend a helping hand.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Approachable and empathetic leadership(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grammarly and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Company and Product

Nov 22, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission and product. At the forefront of creating a new category.

Cons

Long sales cycle and product/market fit is not well defined yet for B2B sales.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kind and smart teammates who are good at their jobs and interesting people. - Company is doing well despite the crappy economy, still growing and hiring. - Product is growing and changing in interesting ways, which means lots of cool things to work on . - Remote first hybrid, so you're not being forced back into the office every week (although do have to be there for specified weeks) . - Work-life balance is reasonable; there's plenty of work to do but people are OK with pushing back arbitrary deadlines when needed, and Slack is quiet after 5pm. - Much less bureaucracy / random hoops to jump through than my last (big company) job.

Cons

- Rapid hiring and remote work mean that most people don't know each other very well, so culture is somewhat boring / formal. - Benefits are generally OK, but time off feels quite stingy (20 days of PTO, bare minimum list of company holidays, short parental leave). - This might be a normal growing pain, but communication across teams is surprisingly poor. People don't know what adjacent teams are working on, and there's little appetite to create forums for this kind of communication (everything is very execution-focused / in-the-weeds, so it's not easy to keep track of what teams are doing at a higher level). Relatedly, strategic decision-making can feel opaque.

3. Join the Grammarly team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that stays true to values, hires thoughtfully, and is STABLE!

Sep 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Cash-flow-positive and very smart with money — which means while everyone else is laying off or freezing hiring, we're continuing... and even expanding (e.g., new Berlin office) - Ethical business model that puts users first (the company could probably make a lot of money selling user data / creating an ad-based model like Facebook or Google, but they staunchly choose not to) - When compared to other tech companies especially, the humility of most of the leadership (including CEO and cofounders) is really refreshing and awesome - A product that actually helps a lot of people!!

Cons

- We grew very quickly in 2021/22 especially, and that's come with its own set of issues (e.g., more processes, more decision-makers, more confusion about who "owns" what... possibly at the expense of shipping and innovation) - The remote-first hybrid model has confused people, so there are still kinks to work out (but I have confidence we can work them out)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing company to work for

Sep 28, 2022 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Grammarly means being a part of a highly driven team full of passionate and talented individuals who care about the product and helping our users achieve their goals. The company culture really is values-driven and promotes respect, empathy, and humility among all of the team members. It's a dream company to work for. Pros: - smart and talented colleagues to learn from - exciting and creative challenges to tackle - an exceptional company culture - a good work-life balance - the chance to work on a product that helps millions of people around the world - a leadership team that listens to its employees

Cons

I don't really have any so far. Things can be a bit fast-paced and there is a lot to keep up with, but that is to be expected in this industry and with a company growing at this pace.

6. 5.0

Values-Based Organization

Sep 26, 2022 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Individual contributors and all levels of leadership come from different backgrounds (some from small and medium-sized startups, some from bigger Forbes 2000 enterprises and some from well-known companies, including FAANG). There is a strong emphasis on culture and values as opposed to skill, so while delivering business results is essential, customer delight and employee satisfaction are never left behind. Leadership at every level is very supportive of progressing the growth of every individual (this is reflected in many departments, including Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, etc.). The business outlook is also excellent as most of the market is still untapped.

Cons

Expanding your knowledge in other domains may be challenging unless you are positioned to work cross-functionally across different departments. Engineering, in particular, is structured in a way that there will be fewer dependencies across teams to make us move fast, but it also takes away from being able to do different things across different areas of expertise unless you ask for it. This is good if you are trying to dive in deeper.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Thankful to be here surrounded by brilliant minds

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been using Grammarly for years now, but I didn't realize how impressive the company was until I started. - Grammarly is attracting strong engineers from FAANGs and startups. I came from a FAANG and learned more in the last year than in my last 3 years at my previous employer. - HUGE market we are tapping into! It makes sense why we are profitable already (which I'm thankful for in this market), and we have a massive amount of room to grow. A huge + on impact but also for our wallets in the future if we continue down the path we have been taking :) - Values-driven org across all levels - I can't speak for outside of eng but this is truly felt and one of the reasons I decided to join Grammarly initially. - We are still adding headcount to my team in an unstable market

Cons

- No unlimited PTO, but my manager has been pretty relaxed about this

8. 5.0

All you could ask for

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-People are phenomenal. The hiring process really focuses on making sure each person is a good fit for both the role and the culture, and it shows -Hybrid remote has been great, I can be remote but still get time each quarter to meet my team in person -Management is very transparent, there are regular town halls that keep me informed of what is happening within the company. This was especially helpful with what was happening in Ukraine the past year. -Genuine interest in continuing to improve on the product and explore new paths

Cons

-Team has grown very quickly, and there is not a playbook for everything, which means you may have to figure some things out on your own or develop new processes -If you are an office person hybrid remote may not be the best fit since your team could potentially be spread out

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company I've Worked For!

Oct 27, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very encouraging environment! Lots of room for collaboration and ideas on the team. They value your opinions and want to help you succeed in the role. Grammarly Business has a lot of potential and is an exciting team to be on!

Cons

Being able to adjust to different tools, as Grammarly Business is a startup there is constant change. Need to be flexible and okay with processes changing.

10. 5.0

A values based company

Sep 26, 2022 - Marketing Automation Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Grammarly truly leads by its connected values. This is the foundation of everything we do and why I love working here. Before working for Grammarly, I was an active Premium user since 2017; I love the product even more now that I see the workmanship behind the scenes. You will learn and grow from the great minds and personalities who work here.

Cons

This is a global company. When you start, ensure you manage your work boundaries on when to answer slacks, emails, etc. This is not a con but something you should be aware of.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best places i have ever worked

Sep 21, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Grammarly is hands down one of the best places I have ever worked. Not only do they preach incredible values and culture, but they also live by them. -Remote first hybrid model is great. You get to have the luxury of working from home but also get to collaborate with teammates in person a few times a year -Management and peers are amazing people who want to see you succeed!

Cons

I have been here for 6 months, and there is not much I can think of!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 217 Reviews
</>Embed

Grammarly Reviews FAQs

Grammarly has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 235 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Grammarly to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Grammarly employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Grammarly. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

89% of Grammarly employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grammarly 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Grammarly to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Grammarly Job Seekers