Cover image for Grand Canyon University

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low compared to other universities and you spend a significant amount of time online with students.(in 67 reviews)
  • "some poor management, hard to advance(in 55 reviews)
  • "There are some good managers but they are outweighed by all the UOP mentality managers.(in 22 reviews)
  • "bad upper management, no consistency among other counselors, bad students who dont care about school and get money and leave(in 19 reviews)
  • "Poor or no training or professional development opportunities(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grand Canyon University and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

good

Aug 27, 2022 - Working Student
    Business Outlook

Pros

love it it is a great place

Cons

dont know havent found any

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We couldn't agree more - GCU is a great place to work and to gain valuable experience as student worker too! Thank you for your review!

2. 5.0

Nice Experience

Nov 12, 2022 - Production Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning new business and new skills, working with one of the best teams in the world, they are supporting people and try to help each other.

Cons

There are no cons for me by working at Grand Canyon University, everything in nice.

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Wonderful news! Welcome to the Lopes family. We love the culture that's created here. Thank you for your feedback

3. Join the Grand Canyon University team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Low pay- a lot of work- need to work OT to get job done

Nov 23, 2022 - Student Services Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free bachelors and masters degree

Cons

Too much work - it is the most stressful job I have ever had. I needed to go on three different psychiatric medications while working here. Daily panic attacks too. When I went off fmla to get more help - the hr rep kept on saying daily appointments did not make sense and was rude every time we spoke.

5. 5.0

Great team

Nov 7, 2022 - IT Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team is amazing! They treat you as a family.

Cons

A lot of work! Everything is timed, even if you go to the bathroom you have to take personal, that should not exceed 3 mins. Calls after calls.

Talent Acquisition Analyst

I love the culture we create here at GCU. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate your feedback. #LopesUP

6. 4.0

GCU Data Analyst Review

Nov 11, 2022 - Junior Data Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good working conditions * Good experience

Cons

* Low Pay * No room for growth

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We understand that each department is different, and some may have more opportunities than others or alternative career tracks. We encourage you to discuss your career goals with your manager to see what steps you can take now in order to prepare for future opportunities.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Manager, supportive learning environment, and helping others grow too!

Apr 20, 2022 - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

My manager is fantastic. He works to help my team based on our needs, while keeping the company objectives. He thinks it's important to play together too. The salary is competitive. I have previous experience in the field and so was actually given my salary as if I have been here 3 years. After a year, I am able to get a raise to $70,000 if I choose to take on additional responsibilities. I get to help people figure out their education and career goals. As a former teacher, I'm passionate about education. I primarily get to work from home. This is also a con as being in a team environment does help with strengthening counselor's skillsets.

Cons

It is a call center type environment. Enrollment is the goal, so if I don't have enough people interested in our programs and ready to begin school, it is stressful. Counselors are expected to make a specific number of dials: between 100 and 120 per day. Having ADD, I often get distracted and there is usually one parameter that is measured that I fall short in. Their Accommodation Team I find lacking in support. As someone with various disabilities, I would like more support to be able to meet the goals they require

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very numbers focused

Nov 18, 2022 - Admissions Advisor III in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent pay -Work from home -Holiday and PTO plans

Cons

-Call center focused -Numbers, numbers, numbers -Rigid and unwilling management

Talent Acquisition Analyst

As with many organizations, goal attainment is an important part of measuring job performance. GCU wants you to be successful in your role, and while being in a call center environment may not be a fit for some individuals, we find that this model benefits our students.

9. 4.0

Facilities Assistant Review

Nov 3, 2022 - Facilities Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treated well, flexible schedule, good people

Cons

Lower side of the pay scale

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We are happy to hear to you are enjoying the culture that is created at GCU! Thank you for your feedback. #LopesUP

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GCU Graduate

Oct 25, 2022 - Associate Professor in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, substantial support by faculty and department / program chairs

Cons

Courses are designed by a curriculum team, with heavy on reading; less on video, dyad work

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We love the flexibility as well. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave it.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing job, staff is very nice and works with students

Oct 25, 2022 - Golf Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy, easy hours, tips, simple shifts

Cons

Early and late night hours,

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We understand that each department is different. However, we encourage you to discuss the hours with your manager to see what steps you can take to ensure a good work-life balance. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,134 Reviews
</>Embed

Grand Canyon University Reviews FAQs

Grand Canyon University has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,250 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Grand Canyon University to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Grand Canyon University employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Grand Canyon University. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

69% of Grand Canyon University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grand Canyon University 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Grand Canyon University to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Grand Canyon University Job Seekers