Grand Crowne Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Contracts Processor"

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts full-time

Pros

Did not work directly with customers and people working there were nice.

Cons

People were being let go left and right to many changes going on all the time to keep up

2. "tele sales"

Former Employee - Reservation Manager in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Reservation Manager in Springfield, MO

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts (Less than a year)

Pros

fun group to work with
    they try to keep it exciting

Cons

part time work and you were expected to reach full time goals

3. "Cons and clowns"

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The coworkers were amazing and high caliber employees. They were fun and knowledgeable to work with and always worked hard. The work environment was best and all was well until they went down hill by hiring a corrupt COO... A Hodges's ... we all know what the A represents.

Cons

Corrupt family with corrupt executives who care less about the employee but more about how much money they can put in their pockets by any scam they can conceive. Unfortunately they have mislead investors, customers and their own employees. They decided to rename the company and in the price I tried to force everyone to quit and if you didn't quit they'd fire you citing "performance". It's a typical desperate move by them to hire new people and hide their own corruption from long term employees. This company is no good and is on the top for BBB complaints.

Advice to Management

Let go of the greed and actually listen to your employees. They're the ones who made you your fortune to begin with. Also get rid of A Hodges's he's just scamming you too.

"Unreliable employment"

Pros

The biggest reason I found for working here was the discounts received in Branson and the hours of 9-330 that you work.

Cons

I would never try to work here again. One reason is that the Internet randomly was shut down and we were all sent home without pay. We were afterwards informed the Internet was shut down because the bill was not paid in full. Also they will want you to be off the clock for some meetings that are work related.

Advice to Management

Take better care managing your business bills and do not try to make employees attend work related meetings without pay.

"Terrible. Terrible. Terrible."

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ONLY pro is the people I worked with. And since then they have all quit.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin with this. It used to be a great place to work. We were all one big family. We enjoyed our jobs. Then certain executives got hired on and everything went down. They stopped caring about any employees. They only cared if money was coming in. They worked us 6 days a week some of us getting 100+ hours in 2 weeks. Most days we never got a lunch break due to no coverage, but still had to clock out for one. They can't pay their vendors but yet they still have OPCS gifting items that we don't have. They can't pay anyone and the companies in town are threatening to sue. I was there for 5 years. I got 1 raise after 2 years.
    The higher executives don't care how their "lower" employees are treated
     They don't care that their bills aren't getting paid. The company is going to go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

My advice. Just stop. Stop buying into things you can't afford. And treat your "lowly" employees like they are worth something. Then maybe they will actually enjoy their jobs again and that wiLloyd show through their work. Actually make people's vacations enjoyable since that's what you claim to do.

"Not a good environment."

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Branson, MO
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Branson, MO

Pros

Good pepole to work with

Cons

Low pay and better treatment from management

Advice to Management

Improve employees pay

"Greedy Executives and Family Owners"

Former Employee - Executive in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Executive in Branson, MO

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun well ran business until the Perme's hired a former bankrupt Bluegreen Exec. Who is now bankrupting this company and business has changed the mind set of the Perme's who started the company. Now it's all very corporate ran, executives pay themselves bonuses before they ever pay their bills and property taxes. They fire long term employees to cut costs and hire new people in all the time to prevent paying higher wages.... All comes back to their greed and lack of concern for others who make them that money.

Cons

Executives , can't pay their bills, greedy family members. Lack of leadership, benefits , no profit sharing , pay lots if late fees and interests to vendors due to not having any money. Waste lots of resources.

Advice to Management

Fire all your executives especially A hodges. He's ruined your business.

"Good starting sales job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Biloxi, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at Grand Crowne Resorts (Less than a year)

Pros

OfferGreat health insurance benefits and employee perks.

Cons

Not enough opportunities for sales due to failed marketing.
    Not in control of your own sales due to having to rely on a podium presentation to make a sale.

Advice to Management

Realize markets are different on different locations. Stop trying to market Biloxi the same as Branson. Market locals and regional residents in stead of tourist. Give away a car or golf cart or boat to get contacts to market to.

"Horrible Envirionment"

Former Employee - Gifting Agent in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Gifting Agent in Branson, MO

I worked at Grand Crowne Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people to work with and good locations

Cons

Manager in my department did not know what she was doing and tried to tell me how to do my job when I'd been there longer than she was.

Advice to Management

Find someone to manage the departments that know the departments