Grand Homes Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 4, 2019

2.8
Stephen H. Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great training and management is always open to help and offering good advice" (in 3 reviews)

• "Good commission rate; good benefits, support, training; good seminars, some meetings are actually informative and constructive;" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Late night sales meetings, turnover" (in 4 reviews)

• "no paid days off for assistants" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun Company Culture, Great Bonuses and Rewards for Builders/Sales Associates, Great Training, Managers Care

Cons

None that I can think of. It is the home building industry so there are some seasons that are busier than others.

Jan 30, 2019 – CEO

Thank you for your great review of Grand Homes! We're happy that you're enjoying your time with us. Have a great day!

2. "Management needs to go"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Frisco, TX

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beau Brooks seemed like he cared about the business, but little does he know what goes on and why sales cant sale.

Cons

Brand new in this kind of business, was told I would get help. When you ask for help with an appointment Mozzarella will ask if you have a contract. If you don't yet, he will tell you that hes somewhere else helping with contract. He was never available unless you had a contract. Its discouraging when you have an appointment and cant get help, unless you know for sure there will be a contract. He has his favorites, if your not he will just get rid of you.

Advice to Management

You probably need to get out and start dropping in on communities. I would advise mysteriously checking up on your management. Thats where your problem lays. They have their favorites. You have some awesome new sales that could sale if they were given more help in the field. Some that are gone now are selling a lot where they are now.

Apr 9, 2019 – CEO

Thank you for your job review. We regret to hear that the cons outweigh the pros of your work experience with us. Our team strives to provide the training and explanation needed for each job and we... More

"They will Fire you and Steal your commissions! RUN!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing redeeming about this scam of a 'company'.

Cons

Every aspect of working there.

Advice to Management

You clowns are the definition of insanity. But I have to admit, your gangster model really works for you, considering you steal commissions, default your busy homebuyers, shrink the floor plan without telling the buyer, cut corners, take forever to build and force the buyer to bust and keep his earnest money.

Apr 3, 2019 – CEO

We can see that you have some very strong opinions and we apologize for any confusion that you may have in regards to our business. We would love to speak with you to clear up any misunderstanding... More

4. "Poor Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Community Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Community Sales Manager

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi custom builder that allows flexibility for homeowners.

Cons

Commission policies and splits, Management, turnover, constant corporate meetings. Poor work life balance.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say.

"Pay attention to the reviews that tell you to RUN."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn as much as you can then leave

Cons

No paid vacation no paid days off for assistants. Company cutting assistant hours to 29 so they don’t have to pay benefits

Advice to Management

Live up to your mission statement.

"Sales"

Pros

The Training That’s All. Only because I have nothing to compare it to.

Cons

This Builder is a joke. If you don’t want to slit your wrist steer clear of this train wreck. Let’s Start with the administrative assistant/everything. She starts out being super sweet, months inn the representative goes away and mommy dearest come back. If your are a lover of life don’t waist your time. You will never fit in with these blood suckers. Save yourself the heartache. Believe the reviews. This place and people are crazy.

Advice to Management

Focus on being decent human beings. We all have to answer one day.

"Building process"

Former Employee - Builder
    Former Employee - Builder

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time

Pros

They do pay pretty well.

Cons

They have way too much turnover in construction and in sales. There is immense amount of pressure to get sales and push a product too quickly. The company does not stand up for its employees and will take the side of the homeowners way too often. They have so many rules and procedures its hard to keep up with. They do not pay their vendors and will hold their check over tiny details. And the vendors will sit in your office for multiple hours trying to figure out why they didnt get paid. Their architects dont ever get the plans correct. They will pay the vendors the bare minimum and when you get bare minimum work its your fault and you have to find someone to fix the work basically without paying them. You never work standard hours you are always expected to work more than 40 but only get paid for 40. Goals are unattainable in the build time homeowners are terrible because they know they can get away with it. Your bonus is always threatened accounting is a mess. You will never get help from your PM or DM because they are always on the phone negotiating with vendors about if or when they will get paid so you are expected to figure everything out for yourself. The only time you will see management is when they are pissed off at you and then they micromanage you. They will make you stop what your doing and do the minor stuff that can be done during slow hours. Sales will throw you under the bus.

EVERY BUILDER (custom, semi custom, production, and remodeling) knows the horror of Grand homes. They have a terrible reputation if they offer you a job highly consider the following:
    1. Do you value your health
    2. Do you have thick skin and like being the scape goat
    3. Do you have family/kids because youll never see them
    4. Are you good at underminding other builders by going to their job sites and trying to steal the vendors from other them?

Advice to Management

Take responsibility of your actions, set realistic expectations, drastically change your image because your a joke among all other builders both in semi custom, custom, production, and renovations.

"Good place to start, only gets better"

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time

Pros

If you can work here, you will be successful elsewhere

Cons

Does not have good reputation

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can make money if you can get through the unorganized so called training

Cons

Old selling style -Tony Robins type training is beat in to you

Advice to Management

Can this guy who is trying to prove his worth. He is using sale management techniques that i learned 20 years ago when i worked for Tony Robbins. He doesn't even use these type of selling techniques anymore. Get new up to date training techniques and maybe your sales staff will stay longer.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Grand Homes Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company builds a fantastic product and their training and support are unmatched. I came from another Builder who was a disaster. Grand has their act together and they support their employees

Cons

There aren't any cons. This is Sales and in Sales you have to hustle and be able to support the needs of the company and your Buyer

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing.

Dec 4, 2018 – CEO

Thank you - we try to build gorgeous homes for our homebuyers! We try our best to have the best product for our sales team!