Cover image for Grand Homes Inc.
Logo

Grand Homes Inc.

Is this your company?

Grand Homes Inc.

Add a Review

Grand Homes Inc. Employee Reviews about "sales training"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 137 of over 137 reviews
4.5
86% Recommend to a Friend
87% Approve of CEO

Found 10 of over 137 reviews

4.5
Grand Homes Inc. CEO Stephen H. Brooks (no image)
Stephen H. Brooks

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Grand Homes Inc.~254138
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Grand Homes Inc.? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Grand Homes Inc. employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Grand Homes has a very open and collaborative culture; everyone is willing to help out and answer questions.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The people are nice and respectful.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Decent benefits.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Good training program by sales managers if you are new to the industry.(in 5 reviews)
  • "paced, hyper growth, amazing onboarding experience, fantastic managers and coworkers(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "This isn't just a 9 to 5. it's long hours sometimes.(in 6 reviews)
  • "No health insurance for sales assistants(in 3 reviews)
  • "Work/life balance can be difficult to find(in 3 reviews)
  • "Holidays are bare bones...no Christmas Eve (not even early), no day after Thanksgiving, no Good Friday.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Management from the bottom up is terrible, you will realize taking this job was a mistake after your first “builder training” if that’s not enough to make you regret your decision then give it time.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sales training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dont waste your time

Mar 8, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always hiring because of constant turn over

Cons

No work life balance, terrible management, prevent you from selling, will take your commission and give to new hires for “training” pay, no support, 3 or more sales people per model home.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Top-notch training

Oct 25, 2022 - Sales Associate in Addison, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training program is top-notch. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the amount of information I’d need to take in when I got started, but they broke it down in a way that made it digestible and even fun. As someone who’s experienced the flipside where I was thrown into a sales job with minimal training or knowledge of the product whatsoever, I appreciate the fact that they took the time to set up such an amazing program, and I can also attribute my success with this company to the thorough preparation. All in all, it’s a good place to work and I definitely recommend it.

Cons

At the end of the day, preparation and support can only get you so far when it comes to sales. It’s challenging, but the payoff is worth it.

3. Join the Grand Homes Inc. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great coworkers, bad company

Jan 13, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing teammates and a very helpful training program. Good resources for continuing education in sales training

Cons

Higher corporate management is very hostile. Owner threw his wallet at sales staff during contract presentation on multiple occasions. Houses are so over priced, they almost never meet appraisal. Even at base features.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not a great place to work

Nov 17, 2010 - Commuity Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great looking product, excellent web site, financially sound, decent working environment. Well known within the industry, better than average sales training.

Cons

Homes are overpriced compared to the rest of the market. Level of standard features are the lowest in the industry. Endless non-productive sales meetings. Management is not receptive to input from lower levels. Deceptive pricing and promotions. Extremely, repeat, extremely high turn over in sales positions. No benefits.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Mystery Shopper

Sep 8, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have attended a lot of their training classes and they work really hard to motivate their sales staff. I help shop other properties to help them help the sales people do a good job. They are always offering bonuses and trips for the sales people. I have worked with them on a Habitat for Humanity house and I love the generosity they show the community.

Cons

I don't have any Cons for Grand Homes

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work!

Jan 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Company Culture, Great Bonuses and Rewards for Builders/Sales Associates, Great Training, Managers Care

Cons

None that I can think of. It is the home building industry so there are some seasons that are busier than others.

Grand Homes Inc. Response

CEO

Thank you for your great review of Grand Homes! We're happy that you're enjoying your time with us. Have a great day!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Training

Feb 22, 2020 - New Home Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great commitment to sales training

Cons

There seems to be a high turnover rate among the sales ranks. You have to be committed to work hard, but if you do it is very rewarding.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Grand Homes - Dallas, Texas

Jan 10, 2015 - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great floor plans and designs. Good training program by sales managers if you are new to the industry. Support for sales from all departments is very good. The problem is managers have no authority to approve contracts, change orders, sales concessions, etc. due to micro-management by the owner. Even at the Division VP level any and everything must be approved by Mr. Brooks or his son if it costs money.

Cons

Serious micro-management problem. Very slow to get homes started. Some deals taking over 9 months from contract to just applying for the building permit. Then another 8-10 months to build. Way overpriced. Company wants very high margins which is good for the owner but not the commissioned sales personnel.

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Shady

Dec 29, 2021 - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

To get new home sales on your resume.

Cons

Too many to list. Constantly moved from properties. Impossible to succeed. Sales training is an acting class for clown school.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I love what I do!

Jul 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Grand Homes we work hard and play hard. Building a home is the single most difficult thing anyone will go through. Not everyone is cut out for this industry. We are here to improve the lives of our customers. We are involved in every phase of the process and are thrilled to bring a home owner's dream come true. It's why we do this. Grand Homes is fully involved in charitable work here and abroad, building homes in Tijuana and providing microloans in underprivileged countries. We have training to help make sales people and builders successful. We have a culture committee fully committed to make a fun-loving work environment and help our employees in times of need. We have company functions like a huge formal holiday party that is second to none with sit down dinner, awards and dancing. Quarterly pep rallies with open bar and appetizers. The people and passion are what makes this company great.

Cons

This isn't just a 9 to 5. it's long hours sometimes. and it's worth it to change the lives of our home owners bringing them quality product and services. if you're in sales, you work weekends. Home office support staff are known to be at the office til 6 or 7 pm sometimes. The owner of the company is very passionate about the success of his employees and his company which can be taken in a negative connotation when he becomes extremely animated in meetings and seminars. If you're easily offended and have thin skin this may not be the place for you.

2 people found this review helpful