Grand Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Grand Marketing President Taylor Cherry
Taylor Cherry

"Great First Career Position"

Former Employee - Entry-Level Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Entry-Level Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Grand Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Grand Marketing has a great atmosphere. Not your typical office (they actually allowed color on the walls, no cubicles, and current music- not elevator musc) but that made it more enjoyable. Lots of energy and a close group of employees. They taught me a lot about business and what it means to work hard to get where you want to be. I took what I learned and started my own company.

Cons

It was a little intimidating coming in since they were all so close. The first few weeks were overwhleming due to the large amount of information I learned.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with new employees.

"They will lie to your face. Don't believe these positive reviews."

Former Employee - Hired for Management, Baited and Switched for Sales in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Grand Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On the plus side, I wasted a week of my time with this company that I could have spent doing something meaningful.

Cons

This company lied to me directly not only about the work I would be doing, but the product itself. They are always doing some new door-to-door sales work, whether it be AT&T or their off-brand Entertainment books. At the time, it was off-brand Entertainment books. I went about all day selling these books door-to-door when a customer explained to me how the books not the great deal I was told they were. I was told by the company, and head been telling others all day, that the coupons in the books worked like "free money," and "exactly like a gift card." In reality, the opposite was true. A customer explained to me how difficult the "gift cards" were to use, and how expensive they were.

Bottom line: Grand Marketing Biz lied to me about the job, the product, and the 5 star reviews of them on this website are lies as well, posted by management. Don't believe a word.

NEVER work for this company, and warn your friends.

Advice to Management

Become an honest company.

"Best opportunity for advancement I've had"

Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Grand Marketing full-time

Pros

I love that I can expand my knowledge of business. It beats working retail at minimum wage or just reading textbooks. It's good to be someplace where my work is recognized.

Cons

I can't just skate by like in other jobs. I actually have to put in effort which I haven't had to do in a while (retail, etc.). It was a little bit of a shock to go from having few standards to having high standards.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You've been a great mentor.

"Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

This company has only been open for a year and a half and has expanded twice. They are constantly promoting more managers and have opprotunity for management in Grand Rapids and outside the state. I read some negative reviews and was hesitant to interview with them, but after 8 weeks here i am in love with the place

Cons

Just like most companies not everyone gets promoted. It is a competative environment and to move up you really have to outwork most everyone else.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing, i am excited for the future here. Thank you for the position and the ability to finally move up in a company

"It was the best learning and working environment I've been in."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

I'll admit that I was hesistant when I first heard about Grand Marketing. When I searched the company less than great reviews came up but I decided to go to the interview anyways. I'm glad I did. They answered all my questions honestly and even addressed the reviews that almost made me not show in the first place. I was impressed that they didn't let it get to them.

Cons

Like most things worth having in life, there are sacrifices that have to be made. The hours here can be long. That's the only negative I can think of. Since the hours lead to faster promotions and growth I can't complain too bad.

7. "Lot of various experience"

I worked at Grand Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about different aspects of business. Interviewing, working leads, team building, leadership building, etc.
    Basically in charge of yourself
    Young company with great work atmosphere

Cons

door to door
    a surprising amount of leads are used or services arent available there
    A lot of your success at the company is based upon what "team" you are placed on and how good of a leader that person is.

Advice to Management

More black and white
    Fair with everyone instead of a select few
    Definitely a great atmosphere so keep that up

"Terrible"

Pros

I worked here for a short amount of time. In the posting and even in the interview they are ambiguous about what you will actually be doing and they refer to your job simply as sales, marketing, and management. Only on the second "interview" where they have you job shadow them that they reveal its just door-to-door AT&T U-verse sales. They then lure you in with talk of ascending the ranks in an unbelievably short amount of time and then being made into a manager, opening your own office and making incredible amounts of money for someone your age (no one who works there is over 27ish). They are very compelling and will likely gain your trust. If you accept the job offer that they make on the same day as your second interview, they will make sure you never have a chance to talk to the other new hires, lest you talk about the "out-of-the-box" activities they do to raise morale and the questionable business structure of it all... They try really hard to make it seem like you will become a manager, if only you put up with the really crappy job for a little while longer. What they don't tell you is that in order to become a manager you have to work up a whole crew of new hires underneath you and then hope that they all want to go with you when you leave to open your own office somewhere far from home.

Cons

If you are cool with the idea of doing door-to-door sales for a while and making some descent money in its own right, then have no fear of taking this job. But don't get caught up in the ideas of becoming a manager and making use of your new college degree and getting rich. Maybe one in every 30+ people that work there will ever open their own Cydcor office. This company feels like a scam, because they are deceptive and misleading about what you will do and they lead you on with promises that will never become reality in order to keep you committed to a job that most people really dislike. I learned a lot about sales in my short time there so I don't regret that little time, but i would feel really bitter if I had believed in the fantasies they try to get you to believe in and were to have spent a lot of time there.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your potential employees from the first phone converstion. That way you wont be wasting anyones time.

"It was refreshing to work within an EXCITING team oriented culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

I really felt like i had the ability to advance at Grand Marketing. It was nice to have a team oriented atmosphere where others cared about my personal and professional growth. They have wonderful energy and i was excited to go in everyday. I wish i wasn't moving so i could continue to work there

Cons

They work longer hours than i am typically used to. Overall that is the only negative that i can think of.

Advice to Management

All of the managers are great. I knew exactly what i was responsible for and what i had to do in order to move up.