Grand Piano & Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bristol, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bristol, TN

I have been working at Grand Piano & Furniture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working and assisting customers with there needs and there dreams. Helping too decorate and help to design. I love being personal and get to know individuals so I can understand there choice of furniture. I service tickets,answer calls, do flyers to attract customers in. I work great with the team also.

Cons

I feel that I am adventurous and want to advance my career with stronger goals to move up.

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Grand Piano & Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy, mid-level sales position. Once you learn the product, system, and basic sales presentations, the job is fairly easy. Realistic opportunity to make $40-60K. Top performers make over $100K . If you do your job and perform to standards, management lets you alone. Year-end awards for top performers, which includes jewelry, banquet, and bonus checks.

Cons

Customer traffic can be slow when there are no "big" sales promotions. It is typical to wait on 10-15 customers / day when it is busy and then only have 2 or 3 customers during non-promotional days. You have to be self-motivating and have a positive outlook if you want to consistently do well. Company stopped matching 401K during the Great Recession, and never brought it back.

Advice to Management

No comment

3. "Management"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Grand Piano & Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean, quiet and friendly employees

Cons

Poor and changing direction for senior Management

Advice to Management

n/a

"Job was okay before new management. Corporate level wants"

Pros

When you made money it was good working there.

Cons

Standing around a lot. Too many salespeople. Owing money to the company.

Advice to Management

Corporate owners and VPs are a joke. Since I have been there they have taken money from the sales staff on a constant basis. The economy is slow right now, and they continue flooding the sales floor with more people in order to not pay employees more money than they have to. The more sales people the less that people will make, yet the store continues to make the same amount of sales. Corporate wants the sales people to only make their hourly draw and not to make commissions. When you don't cover your draw, you then owe the company when you do have a good month.

"This job would be so great if it wasn't for the stiff compatition"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA

Pros

This job allows you to creat your own employment with your own customer base. Offering you a four to five percent commision rate gives you motivation to try harder. Grands also offers a wide range of products.

Cons

If you pay child support you can not afford their insurance incentives. The commision system is all wrong, you don't even get an hourly salary, straight commision. Don't I work for you. Management will overprice products and making it difficult to create sales opportunity.

Advice to Management

Need to offer some type of minimum wage for sales associates with better more stable commisions. Look for more types of styles and don't be affraid to buy good quality, that's what people want.

"Looks good on outside..not on inside"

Current Employee - Salesperson in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Roanoke, VA

Pros

If you work in sales and are decent you can make a good commission.

Cons

Lack of management focus. Rules change frequently and executive management very closed minded. Can be long hours and don't expect any "thank you's" or "good jobs".

Advice to Management

Exec management needs to experience things a to store level to understand how customers have changed over the past 10 years. The same old methods don't work as well as they used to. Spend a month working as a salesperson, or even a week, you might be surprised.