Grand Rounds Health Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.4
Grand Rounds Health CEO Owen Tripp
Owen Tripp
Pros
  • "Grand Rounds is an excellent organization to work for(in 59 reviews)

• "A mission-driven company that is making healthcare better(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like any start-up, some growing pains; gaining for first time managers limited(in 18 reviews)

• "Very fast paced, expect changes(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Culture, great company

Mar 22, 2021 - Care Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a great culture and stays true to its core values

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thanks for your review and recognition of our dedication to our values. Our values are the cornerstone of everything we do and we believe this truly sets us apart. We root for the team, drive healthy debate, deliver results that matter, bring our best selves, and most importantly, we keep patients as our ultimate focus. And throughout it all, we never forget to laugh. From hackathons and cultural celebrations to meeting our patients in real life, we make sure to build a fun, empathetic, and inclusive workplace - and we're glad you see that and appreciate it.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Innovative/Fast growing company with a strong employee culture

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Strong culture with an emphasis on the employee -Good benefits and work/life balance -Challenging company/industry to work for/in. You will learn. -Opportunities for growth -Remote work

Cons

Not necessarily a con...but due to the fast-pace nature of the industry and the desire for Grand Rounds to be a leader in the healthcare navigation space, there is an extra layer of pressure to perform.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Continues to impress

Mar 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Grand Rounds is continuing to redefine what the optimal member and patient experience looks like. The work is incredibly valuable, rewarding and appreciated by our members. Our mission and values lead everything that we do. The team is amazing, from the CEO down to the newest hires. It is really exciting to wake up and come to work each day. Lots of exciting opportunities ahead to impact health and healthcare overall.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con, just something to be aware of. We are a fast-paced organization that is always trying to improve. While everything is rooted in our mentality of putting patients first, this is not a type of environment that many people are used to, particularly if you come from the healthcare setting. Personally, this type of change/improvement/innovation is part of what keeps the work so interesting! But this certainly can be challenging for some individuals to adapt to.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback and your ongoing contributions to our team over your past several years! We're so glad that you continue to feel energized by our work, mission and impact each day. Thanks for the reminder to continue prioritizing clear, open, intentional communication as we grow and aligning everything we do around our mission and our millions of members. Grateful for all you contribute to make Grand Rounds Health a great place to work and make an impact.

4. 3.0

Growing Pains

Apr 28, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High growth, very promising company, has a unique market niche. Talented engineers and marketing team.

Cons

Extremely bad growing pains. Direction is always changing, projects come and go with no long-term support, everything is being rewritten but documentation never follows.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very fast paced company to work for

May 3, 2021 - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are going through a lot of growing pains

Cons

Getting too big too fast

6. 5.0

Wonderful place to work

Mar 19, 2021 - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong mission, engaged employees, compassionate leadership

Cons

The only cons are that we have moved so fast that our systems and tools haven't kept up. It's always a work in progress.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thanks for your helpful feedback! You hit our strengths on the nose - focusing on our mission, our passionate team and our authentic leaders. We are proud of these strengths and hold ourselves accountable to keeping those characteristics strong and consistent as we grow. We appreciate your feedback about the need to scale and refine our systems and processes, especially as we continue to grow to serve millions more members, and the reminder to focus on collaboration and communication to keep our team aligned and coordinated as we grow. Thanks for taking the time to share this valuable feedback.

7. 5.0

Cool Company

Apr 11, 2021 - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The experience was great. Thank you!

Cons

I have hard time coming up with cons

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Inspiring Mission. Career-Launching Company.

Mar 1, 2021 - Employee Experience
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission-driven company with a focus on providing the best quality care to members. Colleagues are smart, empathetic and hardworking- Truly a world class team. Great benefits, collaborative team, and fun. You feel like you're making a difference.

Cons

Not a con, but an improvement that can made. The pace is fast. Small things can slip through the cracks. Sometimes we need to step back and slow down to ensure we can move forward.

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback! We are fortunate we have a lot to be proud of here - between a genuine, life-changing mission, smart and passionate colleagues and a collaborative culture that energizes us everyday. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and make sure we do things well - not just fast. Especially as we grow, that is more critical than ever. Thanks for all you do to make this a great place to work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging and meaningful work with an amazing team

Mar 1, 2021 - Consumer Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The entire team shares a passion for our mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. Goals are clear. Strong leadership team. Smart team, SME team, overall, - no egos. I feel very proud and energized by my work.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback and contributions to our team. We are glad you appreciate the shared passion for our mission and that it drives a sense of pride for you in the work you do everyday. Smart, low-ego is the goal so we are glad that is what you see and experience as well. Thanks for all you do!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company and honorable mission

Jan 5, 2021 - Medical Staff Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment fosters independence while allowing you to get support when you feel it is needed. This company works hard toward their mission and they are passionate about changing the way people access healthcare. They are also passionate about creating a work/life balance for their employees and offer benefits that are incomparable to many other companies.

Cons

The only warning I would give, if you don't like change then this would not be the best fit for you. This company is moving and changing all the time. It is necessary for the success of their mission.

Sr. Dr. Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you value the people, culture, benefits and mission of Grand Rounds. We are all working hard to make a big difference in the way people experience and benefit from healthcare in the US and we are passionate about building a great company in every way. Thank you for being on this journey with us and helping us continually adapt and improve our operations to better meet our members' and customers' needs.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 253 Reviews