Grand Rounds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Grand Rounds CEO Owen Tripp
Owen Tripp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Grand Rounds is on a business tear with a huge new client base last year (in 26 reviews)

• I love coming to work everyday, and I love hearing about the differences that we make in people's lives (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • All of the growing pains you'd expect of a relatively young firm that just passed the 300 employees mark (in 10 reviews)

• I have to enter at least 5 words for Cons to be able to submit so I would say, the Grand Rounds cons are things typical of any start up (in 5 reviews)

1. "Best job I have ever had"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a fantastic mission, a strong executive team, amazing product vision and a very promising future!
    I love the people I work with, and love the impact we have on patients.
    The company has gone through some healthy attrition as we prepare for scale, I am very happy to see the leadership team taking action on employees that are not scaling well with the company.

Cons

Things are moving fast here. We are on a rocket ship. You do need to work very hard at times.

2. "Change is good, growth is BETTER"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Liking a bunch of the changes lately. There were some great people here who seemed to be holding on too long. The company is increasingly promoting the right people and bringing in really inspiring leaders, especially in Tech. Snacks just got a bunch better in San Francisco and the company pays better attention to health needs of employees. Flex vacation is great if you have the right managers, too.

Cons

There's a little more process and that rubs some people the wrong way. I think it's good. Our company's on a mission and is talking about a performance expectation at every meeting.

Advice to Management

Please keep the company meetings business-focuseD as you have lately! More rooftop parties, we don't use that beautiful space enough.

"Growth, Growth, Growth"

Current Employee - Clinic Support in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Clinic Support in Reno, NV

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are able to see the big picture and be flexible, all the while keeping your great attitude, then Grand Rounds is for you!

Cons

I have seen a real movement in management to become more transparent and to address concerns from the past. I think as long as they continue with this, there won't be any true "cons"

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and be transparent on what the vision is for this company.

"Good People, Toxic Culture"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of best humans I’ve ever gotten the chance to work with. Seriously, a mission-oriented company like Grand Rounds is able to attract some really good talent. More than good, I’d say the bulk of the company is made up of really kind folks. However, slowly but surely, those folks have been leaving and that is due to major leadership and culture issues.

Cons

Patients do not really come first at Grand Rounds. Grand Rounds is 100% sales driven which means teams like product, engineering, and marketing operate at the whim of the ever-growing, ever-dominant sales team. Teams are constantly given top-down directives and so many at the company don’t feel supported by their managers. Good managers are hard to come by at Grand Rounds and that is sad, because there are some really strong ICs not being recognized for all that they do and the weight they carry. I’ve never worked in a more political environment - you don’t win based on merits at Grand Rounds - it’s a political game and the leaders who remain at the company have worked hard to remain in the CEO’s “inner circle.” Culture will ultimately kill the company. Bullying, political games, and non-inclusiveness are turning the company toxic.

Advice to Management

Don’t just listen to the feedback...begin taking action. Remove incompetent leaders and bullies at the company. Promote compassion, kindness, and collaboration.

5. "Care Operations"

Current Employee - Care Operations in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Care Operations in Reno, NV

I have been working at Grand Rounds part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Friendly environment, very positive folks here

Cons

There are none that i can think of

Advice to Management

none

"Feels more like a big business...which is a good thing"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

I have worked here for a while. There has been a focus over the last year on scale and being able to help lots more patients with more services. We are growing up and it means more process but way more impact. The company communications are good and the conversations about my future at the company are better. Management is WAY better than it used to be and my manager cares about me and is open to talking about where I go. The technology is better.

My favorite part is the other people I get to work with. I feel a little intimidated by how smart all of the people are here.

Cons

I’d like to see a 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep going and make sure that all of the departments get what we need for the big uptick we are currently working on

7. "Sales"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Great people that work very hard every day to help connect patients to the highest quality patients.

Cons

Its a great place to work!

"Care coordinator"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

They give out a lot of swag

Cons

The management directly overseeing me didn't always provide me with adequate support

Advice to Management

Find ways to be more in tune with individual team members needs

"Patient care"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Health benefits and free snacks.

Cons

They have an open door policy, but when it comes to talk to a manager, he is not interested in listening to your ideas. There is lot of favoritism. Some honest people are doing the job by following the processes, while others are taking short cuts to get good metrics and are the first to be promoted because promotions are based on numbers and not based on your hard work and dedication.

Advice to Management

Yes metrics are important but are not always right. Use those metrics to improve processes not to punish your employees. Analyse your people based on their dedication, flexibility and williness to help others. I had a lot of dreams when I came here but I came to the realization that not matters how much dedication I give, I won't be part of the favoritism group. Time to follow my dreams in a new place.

10. "overall good"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Most of the people are nice and have team spirit.

Cons

did not notice any major cons.

Advice to Management

focus on agile