Grand Rounds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Grand Rounds CEO Owen Tripp
Owen Tripp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's a good time to be at Grand Rounds" (in 34 reviews)

• "Coming to work in the morning is exciting" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growth means growing pains, just like anywhere else" (in 13 reviews)

• "Grand Rounds is growing fast, and with that comes frequent changes" (in 7 reviews)

"Sales Director"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

So proud to work for a company who really cares in filling a needed gap for patients in healthcare - knowing they are at the best physician, at the highest quality, exactly for what they need. Whether it's a diabetic patient who needs a different kind of PCP or it's a patient with many undiagnosed symptoms and having trouble finding a Dr to help them, Grand Rounds will get you there! Our clients are really seeing a difference in "real" help to their employees/families.

Cons

We are growing so fast...doubled in the size in the last few years and will most likely double again in the next few years. With that comes growing pains, a need for process improvements, operational improvements etc. At least its for the right reason...!

Advice to Management

1. There is a need to have a solution for smaller groups. I've had to turn down 3 in the last couple months who would have paid any price in the 4-500 size to have us. Those employers tend to have high stop loss rates and just 1-2 claims could put them upside down.

2. Personally (and as a remote employee), wish sales had a choice in laptops/email. Google/Gmail isn't for everyone.

"Best Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Grand Rounds has improved both my professional and personal skills.
    - Constant growth
    - Transparency from upper management
    - Everyone at the company is mission-driven
    - Meaningful work
    - Colleagues are inspiring
    - Everyone has a voice

Cons

With the rapid growth comes rapid change. This can be challenging sometimes but is expected when working at a startup

3. "Good parking lot for software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* WLB is OK
    * WFH 1 day a week (only if you perform)
    * OKish code quality

Cons

* Politics
    * Engineering managers care only about themselves
    * No annual salary raise or bonus
    * No lunch, snacks are "healthy", no Coke
    * HR didn't care about reported issues

"been here a while, still really love it"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

We're still working our butts off for patients the way we always have and I love our new engineering leaders. They push us really hard and they are really good. Vs where we were 2 years ago, I think the application technologies conversations are a lot more serious. Data science continues to be the absolute focus of the company in many ways

Cons

I think we're trying to do a lot. It's not too much if you are open to a big vision, but the true prioritization of each project isn't always clear. It would be nice to open up demo days more so that locations can see early eng work. I seriously didn't think I was going to stay here this long, and am some ways suprised to see this, but I want to be here at least 3 more years to see some of the bigger projects we have in development.

Advice to Management

Thanks for upgrading engineering management and for the clear expectations. It's great to hear directly from Owen and his directs every month. I like the format of the company meeting now.

"It's challenging and incredibly rewarding"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission - at the end of the day we are making a difference in the lives of our members.
    Colleagues - I feel lucky to work with them and am inspired by them as people and by their accomplishments.
    Management - there is a constant effort to provide an environment where we can thrive and do our best work.

Cons

High growth means constant change, adaptation and improvement which can be frustrating. You have to be able to see frustration as opportunity.

Advice to Management

As we get bigger it gets harder for individuals to remember our voice matters.
    You do a good job now. My advice is continue your diligent efforts to check in with us, in 1:1s, team meetings, all company meetings. Keep reminding us that it's our duty to speak up and that you actually want to hear what we have to say about everything - our culture, our product, our reporting relationship, ideas for improvements.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Reno, NV

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, good benefits, rewards for working hard, fairly open about future direction, and the ability to impact processes.

Cons

At times the workload can be high and management can be inconsistent. Offices are in locations with limited talent pools.

Advice to Management

Some management does not hold employees accountable for their mistakes which allows reoccurring issues. It does not send a consistent quality message especially if those employees are promoted. This could have a negative impact in the future.

"Sales"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Excellent company culture. Senior leadership is appreciative and involved in day to day. Bring a product to market that is well thought out.

Cons

Could use stronger training programs for remote employees.

"High growth company that puts its people first"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

A place to grow your career, challenge yourself and feel supported along the way. A team that is mission-driven and lives its values (values are referenced in daily conversation and those living each value are recognized at company wide meetings). The company has found its product market fit and is doing important work for patients. It's a good time to be at Grand Rounds.

Cons

The world of employer health care can be complex. Takes patience and perseverance to drive change. People who do well here accept that it's going to be a long haul and keep going.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and culture. Patients will always be our north star.

"Care Coordinator"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Lewiston, ME
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Listen to employees, supports internal growth with support and always providing company insights and includes you in the future of it. Provides support and feed back and ask for it in return. Great benefits, pay and put value into you.

Cons

It’s a young company which is growing fast so if anything it’s difficult at times remembering we are growing through the pains and the successes...... having enough employees for the amount of work ..... balance is and does take effort it’s hard to predict in anything..... but again the company listens to us and hears us and is making strides in the efforts....

Advice to Management

Continue to not only hear from your management team but reach out to those doing the intricate parts of the work and processes too. Sit with us for a hour or so and truly see the work going on, so that when we share opportunities it will take a stronger impact on the whys..... but thank you for allowing us to help cultivate the amazing team/family we are.

"A great company on a mission to improve health outcomes and access to great healthcare."

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork and lots of passionate driven employees. Leadership is solid and all have great track records. There are lots of interesting problems to solve. Plus, at the end of the day your efforts help support people who are facing challenging health issues. Grand Rounds helps people find the right care they need, when they need it and that feels good.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and sometimes that brings unique organizational challenges. The path to get things done is not always clear. Also, compared to non-healthcare startups the additional regulations and review processes can make progress feel slow at times.

Advice to Management

I would like to see GrandRounds available to everyone, not just the large companies that buy the service for their employees. I think management should consider opening up part of the GrandRounds experience to everyone.