Grand Rounds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Grand Rounds CEO Owen Tripp
Owen Tripp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love how fast Grand Rounds is growing, and how committed our colleagues are to improving healthcare (in 26 reviews)

• Great mission with an especially great team pursuing it (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As expected with rapidly growing start-ups attempting to scale, there are expected growing pains (in 11 reviews)

• If you're thinking of joining Grand Rounds, you need to take a read of your own barometer and comfort for change (in 6 reviews)

1. "Not standing still - very ambitious plan"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

I have worked her for 2 + years. There is strong energy around our business, our results and the outcomes we are shipping for our patients. We went to a two product company when we launched Summit at the start of 2017. Initially this was confusing internally but our product team and our leaders have been really helpful.

I love the work at Grand Rounds because it challenges me to be my best. It feels like we are hiring much better people each day, which forces me to step up when I can. With a focus on patients., we don’t talk about this much, but it seems like the company wants to be huge and independent. Probably an IPO.

We are pushed to think deeply about patient needs and copycat thinking (looking at how other companies do their products) isn’t the way to do it. This is challenging in a way because we are pushed hard for a better patient experience but it’s also satisfying as we are rewarded for independent thinking.

Cons

Our team is understaffed. It would be nice if the recruiting team would grow so we could move faster.

I don’t think we are telling our story broadly enough. Have we thought about advertising? Every company meeting we hear from a patient who benefitted from our work. Can we advertise these stories more? It feels like this would help people know us better!

Advice to Management

You have really stepped up the last year. It’s nice to see the growth at our leadership level, especially the new execs we’ve hired recently. I am very, very excited for what this company can become.

2. "Impatiently breaking the status quo in American health care"

Current Employee - National Sales Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - National Sales Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really smart people who build great products and get stuff done. Truly collaborative environment - you don't get ahead here by stepping on others. Strong guiding principles and a point of view on what needs to happen to reshape American health care, balanced with a healthy dose of humility about exactly how that gets done. Willingness to invest in large and promising new markets that may not have a short term payoff. Aggressive, customer-driven roadmap that is going to take the company to new heights. All employees are option-holders, so it's easy to act as owners.

Cons

If you're thinking of joining Grand Rounds, you need to take a read of your own barometer and comfort for change. This is a dynamic place and things don't stay still for very long. If you don't like change, probably better to look for a stodgy incumbent player.

Advice to Management

Probably sounds trite, but communicate even more. With a geographically dispersed team (multiple office + many remote employees) information does not travel evenly.

3. "Inspiring place to work!"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love how fast Grand Rounds is growing, and how committed our colleagues are to improving healthcare. Every month we review an impactful patient story, which reminds us of why we work so hard each day. I love my job!

Cons

As expected with rapidly growing start-ups attempting to scale, there are expected growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employee engagement and putting patients first!

4. "Great company. People are committed to the mission and the company."

Current Employee - SALES & Accounts
    Current Employee - SALES & Accounts

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is challenging (in a good way), interesting and meaningful
    The pace is fast, and there is always something new being developed
    The team is collaborative and creative

Cons

If you don't like change, don't come here!

5. "Amazing company to be a part of"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Everyone here is driven by our mission. I've never been surrounded by a group of more genuinely kind and caring coworkers.
    -Everyone has a voice, even the newest employees. Some significant improvements have been made due to feedback from new hires.
    -Although every change doesn't work out, you can be confident that the intent is always good. From my experience, people aren't afraid to admit when a mistake was made.
    -Seeing the ways that we assist patients is very impactful--all teams are able to understand how they are connected to this.
    -The pace of change is invigorating.
    -Coming to work in the morning is exciting. From coworkers to management to the mission, it is a joy to be working here.

Cons

-None really. As others have said, we are growing like crazy. With that comes some workflow and process hiccups. Overall, though, the growth has been managed very well.
    -If you are someone who doesn't adapt easily or welcome change, you might find that the work environment would be difficult for you. I actually think this is a positive, but many would not agree, particularly if you've spent a long time within businesses that are set in their ways.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the amazing work on the business front. Also, keep hiring people who fit in with our culture, and the results will speak for themselves.

6. "Incredible patient impact, incredible growth"

Current Employee - Executive in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We really make a difference in peoples' lives. This company saves lives and improves healthcare for millions of people. We're growing rapidly with blue-chip clients and that creates a lot of internal and external opportunity

Cons

Fast growth means growing pains, just like anywhere else. We have our share.

7. "I’ve been given a platform to solve the most powerful problem in healthcare."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy what I do so much time flies! This is my company! Mission drives what we do here and we are transparent and honest with our clients - I love that.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day! Simply put. I’ve only been there 2 months and haven’t encountered more cons. Looking forward to our office redesign.

Advice to Management

Keep smiling. Your brisk walks with smiles re-energizes me.

8. "The company has great values and does its very best to live up to them"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible focus on serving the needs of the end user of the company's products. Team members are rewarded for putting our patients first. The company has incredible growth prospects and is forcing much needed change to make healthcare work better in America. A great work environment across all of our offices as well as for employees who work from their homes.

Cons

So many opportunities to pursue puts a ton of stress on the team.

Advice to Management

Pick your battles wisely. We are a small team and cannot do everything at once.

9. "Best job I have ever had"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a fantastic mission, a strong executive team, amazing product vision and a very promising future!
    I love the people I work with, and love the impact we have on patients.
    The company has gone through some healthy attrition as we prepare for scale, I am very happy to see the leadership team taking action on employees that are not scaling well with the company.

Cons

Things are moving fast here. We are on a rocket ship. You do need to work very hard at times.

10. "Change is good, growth is BETTER"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Liking a bunch of the changes lately. There were some great people here who seemed to be holding on too long. The company is increasingly promoting the right people and bringing in really inspiring leaders, especially in Tech. Snacks just got a bunch better in San Francisco and the company pays better attention to health needs of employees. Flex vacation is great if you have the right managers, too.

Cons

There's a little more process and that rubs some people the wrong way. I think it's good. Our company's on a mission and is talking about a performance expectation at every meeting.

Advice to Management

Please keep the company meetings business-focuseD as you have lately! More rooftop parties, we don't use that beautiful space enough.