Grand Rounds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Grand Rounds CEO Owen Tripp
Owen Tripp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Grand Rounds is on a business tear with a huge new client base last year (in 24 reviews)

• I love coming to work everyday, and I love hearing about the differences that we make in people's lives (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • All of the growing pains you'd expect of a relatively young firm that just passed the 300 employees mark (in 10 reviews)

• I wish we could keep all of the interns that come to Grand Rounds (in 4 reviews)

1. "Care Operations"

Current Employee - Care Operations in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Care Operations in Reno, NV

I have been working at Grand Rounds part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Friendly environment, very positive folks here

Cons

There are none that i can think of

Advice to Management

none

2. "Feels more like a big business...which is a good thing"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

I have worked here for a while. There has been a focus over the last year on scale and being able to help lots more patients with more services. We are growing up and it means more process but way more impact. The company communications are good and the conversations about my future at the company are better. Management is WAY better than it used to be and my manager cares about me and is open to talking about where I go. The technology is better.

My favorite part is the other people I get to work with. I feel a little intimidated by how smart all of the people are here.

Cons

I’d like to see a 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep going and make sure that all of the departments get what we need for the big uptick we are currently working on

3. "Sales"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Great people that work very hard every day to help connect patients to the highest quality patients.

Cons

Its a great place to work!

"Care coordinator"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

They give out a lot of swag

Cons

The management directly overseeing me didn't always provide me with adequate support

Advice to Management

Find ways to be more in tune with individual team members needs

"Patient care"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Health benefits and free snacks.

Cons

They have an open door policy, but when it comes to talk to a manager, he is not interested in listening to your ideas. There is lot of favoritism. Some honest people are doing the job by following the processes, while others are taking short cuts to get good metrics and are the first to be promoted because promotions are based on numbers and not based on your hard work and dedication.

Advice to Management

Yes metrics are important but are not always right. Use those metrics to improve processes not to punish your employees. Analyse your people based on their dedication, flexibility and williness to help others. I had a lot of dreams when I came here but I came to the realization that not matters how much dedication I give, I won't be part of the favoritism group. Time to follow my dreams in a new place.

6. "overall good"

I worked at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Most of the people are nice and have team spirit.

Cons

did not notice any major cons.

Advice to Management

focus on agile

"Culture, Innovation and Learnings...oh my!"

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

Transparent, collaborative environment, encourage self development, professional development programs in development to encourage growth, supportive, creative mindset, openly promotes healthy debate, data driven, compassionate, empathetic, a company with a heart, industry catalyst, flexible, impact focused, motivating, passionate for the journey, life focused

Cons

Demanding given current state, in transition from startup to scale (both pro and con), constantly changing (both pro and con)

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum and the heart.

"Company for adults"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time

Pros

I have worked for a bunch of different startups. GR is a place for adults -- which is good/bad depending on your worldview. I like:

- good, market-based compensation scheme
    - friendly people who are focused on the work and their teams
    - no company hijinx or games
    - an amazing mission that people preach and bring to life with things like patients and docutors coming to our meetings
    - solid and improving leadership (more on this later)
    - unlimited vacation
    - clear and consistent feedback (I have heard this may not be as good on other teams)
    - CEO talks very directly and openly at company meetings and in the coffee room when I see him
    - this is also the best place I have ever seen for women. Period. I just learned that more than half of our leadership and company are women.

Cons

- like I saiid, it's for adults. So no keg parties or stairway trysts here. Good for me but it doesn't have that slightly manic drive that some people love.
    - as others have commented, there's a mixed bag on role changes. I have seen a lot of people (including members of exec staff) get promoted all the way up from lower roles but the company still isn't big enough to have great roles for everybody to grow into. I think they could do a better job talking to people about that.
    - it's healthcare, which carries extra responsibilities -- lots of extra process and security here
    - I would like managers to more more consistently encourage vacation across teams

Advice to Management

You are doing your best when you tell us what's on your mind. Keep it up and thank you for an amazing mission!

Grand Rounds Response

Apr 12, 2017 – CEO

Very helpful feedback; thank you for taking the time and thought. Feedback continues to be a key focus -- please don't hesitate to share with other teams what you find to be working (or not). We can... More

"Clinician"

Current Employee - Staff Clinician in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Clinician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Grand Rounds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a highly innovative, rapidly evolving company is refreshing coming from the clinical setting where nothing ever seems to change. I truly love my job at Grand Rounds. I love working with such brilliant minds who are motivated to improve healthcare for all. Not only do I believe in the work we do every day, it is also a lot of fun!

Cons

The down side to an ever-evolving company is that things are always changing, which can become exhausting.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with the entire team. Stay true to our mission.

"Good company making its way through growing pains"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Grand Rounds (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission. Lots of smart, focused people who I really enjoyed working with. Nice office. Lots of data to build stuff on top of.

Cons

Company was going through an inflection point to get to the next phase of growth. There were times when politics put a damper on things.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on hiring the best and building the best, but not too quickly.