Grande Cheese Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Manufacturing Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Grande Cheese as an intern

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers, value placed on ideas and opinions, the best cheese.

Cons

Internship program was still growing at the time, and the role was not as well-defined as I had hoped.

2. "Overall not a bad place"

I worked at Grande Cheese full-time

Pros

It's a laid back environment. You know what to do everyday and it's pretty routine. Most of the employees are some of the friendliest I've ever come across. They take much pride in their company and it really shows. Very very clean and mostly organized workplace. Fun place to work.

Cons

If you aren't in the little clique... They kinda seem to treat you different. The sexual harassment is overwhelming. Bring a woman working there some men seem to go out of their way to get you wet with the hose. We all wear white cloths so you can assume why they did this.... The cloths are very very see through and not appropriate I feel. It's very uncomfortable wearing such revealing cloths when I work. The over use of chemicals is dangerous. Makes you sick by the end of the day. The hours need to be improved. Getting up in the middle of the night is a bit over bearing for a single parent. The 12 hour shifts aren't bad though.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not let employees over use the chemicals. Have set amounts for each operation and make sure they are being followed. They aren't right now because both day shifts have their own way of doing things and use different amounts for the chemicals and other PPE and cleaning equipment. Get a different color for the cloths. There is no reason for white uniforms. I have so many other ideas and suggestions I would have loved to talk to management about but they are always so busy. The middle management "cheesemakers" doesn't seem to be too knowledgeable. More training on their part. If the cheesemakers don't know the answer they should make it a priority to find the answer or direct the employee to someone who can help them.

3. "Job Review"

I worked at Grande Cheese full-time

Pros

Good Benefits. Good Pay. Straightforward management. Team environment. Good hours. Opportunity for advancement. Opportunity for overtime.

Cons

Long days. Very physical job. Harsh environment. High turnover rate. Low manpower at times.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring quality employees and the company will continue to grow in a very good way.

5. "production"

Pros

great place to work for

Cons

long hours but great place

6. "Fantastic company"

I have been working at Grande Cheese full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Grande is a company that takes great pride in their product and their people. Their number one priority is to live by their mission and culture of excellence for all Associates, their products and the communities they work and live in. Pay and benefits are very good for a mid sized company and opportunities to learn and advance into different positions are typically available.

Cons

As the company continues to evolve and grow, more focus needs to be placed on maintaining and recruiting a high quality workforce in the manufacturing plants which can sometimes be a challenge due to their remote locations.

Advice to Management

Free up time for the managers to manage their people instead of requiring them to be routinely involved in hands on duties. Meeting the challenge of quality long term resources will help.

7. "Management"

Former Employee - Management in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Management in Madison, WI

Pros

Good training and great people. Great product.

Cons

After many years of service and positive for the company one thing goes wrong and your out. With no remorse. Look outside the company for advanced position.

Advice to Management

You talk about family and how import it is but you know when family needs help you turn your face. Not what I would do to my family ever.

"Great company you can take pride in"

I worked at Grande Cheese (More than 3 years)

Pros

Grande is a tremendous company that you can take pride in working for. Their commitment to quality and their employees is tremendous.

Cons

I am a highly motivated and talented young professional, who worked for the company in a subset of one VP's area of responsibility. While management would likely say otherwise, the group that I worked for was very silo'ed and "We have always done it this way" was deeply embraced. I am a self starter who is driven and wants to have an active hand in progressing my career. I went to great lengths to demonstrate my commitment to continuous improvement and ability to contribute to the business beyond the post that I occupied. These efforts, while recognized with above average raises did not translate into meaningful promotion or expansion of responsibilities. Unfortunately, recognition through compensation alone could not retain me. Animosity that developed because of breaking out of the silo and fixing/improving broken processes (within and outside of my area of responsibility) was not well received by others at the non manager level. Strained relationships with others who were not in management made promoting me difficult. I used the opportunities seized at Grande to grow my career elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Cultivate a better culture for high performers.

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Quality Resource Analyst in Wyocena, WI
    Current Employee - Quality Resource Analyst in Wyocena, WI

I have been working at Grande Cheese full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The quality product and the people that work there
    The opportunity for growth and achievement beyond your current position
    Ability to purchase the product at discounted prices

Cons

I have not encountered any cons so far

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, so far I have heard nothing but good things about the direction that management is taking