Grange Insurance (Columbus) Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2020

4.1
Grange Insurance (Columbus) President & CEO John Ammendola (no image)
John Ammendola
Pros
  • "Flexibility, work/life balance, friendly atmosphere, community service opportunities, focus on career development(in 20 reviews)

• "Free parking & workout facility on site(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-Life Balance began to erode(in 5 reviews)

• "Turn over is excessive due to the hostile environment the new CIO with support from the COO built(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company. Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst

I have been working at Grange Insurance (Columbus) full-time

Pros

Grange is a company that cares about their employees and take every necessary step to keep them safe.

Cons

Nothing to report for Grange Insurance

June 29, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your time at Grange! We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people.

2. COVID-19

"I enjoy working at Grange and it has been a good fit with a lot great people"

Current Employee - Commercial Underwriter

I have been working at Grange Insurance (Columbus) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Grange management has done a tremendous job during the pandemic. Our underwriting managers do a great job keeping us engaged and informed.

Cons

Lately it has been hard to get work processed since the processing team has been moved around. Quotes are being filtered within a group of people that are not familiar with certain state rules. Underwriters have to check quotes for accuracy because coverages listed on the application are being missed. Phones are not getting answered when an agent has a processing question because the team will not accept calls for several hours during the day.

June 5, 2020Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always striving to improve at Grange and your feedback helps us do just that. We will share this with the appropriate people.

3. "A place where you can feel great working"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer Senior Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Grange Insurance (Columbus) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Grange is a place with great values and great people. They make great choices to survive and thrive that align with the organizations great values, principles, and ethics. - It is a joy to work at Grange, the environment is inviting and people are both kind and good at what they do - It is a workplace with diverse ideas and people - Grange Values innovation and gives you room

Cons

I really like working at Grange. - People that do not value lifelong learning and the spirit of Continuous Improvement will not fit in here. <- I actually count this as a pro... but warning if you want a job where you don't have to grow....

May 11, 2020Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at Grange.

4. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Lead Programmer/Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Grange Insurance (Columbus) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible, Fair, Supportive & Stable are a few terms I'd use to describe my time at Grange.I'm very happy working here!

Cons

I can't think of anything "con" to put here.

May 8, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we're glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience at Grange so far!

5. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Commercial Claims Adjuster in Richmond, VA

Pros

Grange takes care of their employees and customers. They listen to their employee’s concerns and they keep the employees informed. Grange is focused on modernization and maintains competency with larger carriers.

Cons

Grange is a smaller company, but they have been around for over 80 years

May 7, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at Grange! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

6. "Great Company1!"

Current Employee - Talent & Training Specialist

Pros

Smaller company with a great culture - the CEO knows most people by name! Inclusive, encouraging and innovative. Puts the clients and employees first.

Cons

There's always a lot changing, so if you're not interested in change then it may not be the place for you!

May 5, 2020Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're glad to see you've had a positive experience at Grange.

7. "Horrible Company to work for! This is a Warning!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH

Pros

Grange is a very charitable company and does allot of volunteer work in the community.

Cons

Leadership SUCKS!!! They do not care about their employees. There is no room for career advancement unless you are a yes man, but still lack in talent.

June 5, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. If you have specific concerns you would like to address, please do not hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

8. COVID-19

"Strong family oriented company that helps all feel safe and at home"

4.0
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Grange Insurance (Columbus) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grange is a fabulous place to work. During the COVID-19 pandemic, they have been especially supportive of those with families to take care of, being flexible with time and trying to do their part to boost customers and the community.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are bad seeds that take advantage of the kindness and flexibility Grange has extended and I don't think Grange and it's management do a good job addressing this. Also, it seems opportunities for growth and development have been put on a complete stand still for promotions.

May 7, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and we will share this with the appropriate people. Please consider speaking with your HR Partner if you have further feedback or concerns you would like to share. We're also starting our virtual Everyday Accolades platform next week for all associates. Consider thanking a peer for a job well done and letting others know they can do the same!

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Competitive Pay, Great Employee-Centric, Community Involvement, Benefits, Company Car and home office set-up, great incentive plan, professional development programs

Cons

401k match is relatively low, some micro management,

April 20, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your time with Grange so far! Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We'll share this with the appropriate people.

10. "IT is a joke"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great facility, workers are nice, benefits are OK, good location

Cons

I really don’t see how this CIO keeps his job. He is surrounded by a bunch of Chase Bank cast off’s, a holdover yes man, and now we have a bunch of Motorist people running the show who have no clue about our applications or systems. The Core Four project is going to run this company into the ground, and is going to bankrupt us. There’s no way this is going to get done in the crazy time frame they have set our part, and I think everyone knows it. I really think upper management is all going to retire before it craters, leaving Grange in shambles. Don’t believe the fake reviews either. Sad. I’m out of here as soon as things pick back up.

June 29, 2020Human Resources Assistant

We've shared your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner if you have concerns you would like to address.

Found 171 reviews