KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Grange Insurance (Columbus) Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 228 of over 245 reviews

4.2
Grange Insurance (Columbus) President & CEO John Ammendola (no image)
John Ammendola
Pros
  • "Work life balance is very good, however with major transformation underway the pace is much quicker(in 25 reviews)

• "Free parking & workout facility on site(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-Life Balance began to erode(in 5 reviews)

• "Turn over is excessive due to the hostile environment the new CIO with support from the COO built(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grange Insurance (Columbus) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent Company

Jul 2, 2021 - Supervisor in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company, engaging, inclusive, caring and willing to embrace change for the betterment of it's customers, agency staff, employees and the community.

Cons

There really are no cons. The view mistakes as an opportunity to learn, they embrace learning and are not punitive, unless it is really warranted. The promote learning, growth and development and candor. Do things happen that are painful and unpleasant and are mistakes made - sure. But that is everywhere - it is a part of change, doing business and growth. The way the manage it is the game changer - they really care.

Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate your feedback and we’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Grange! We will share this with the appropriate people.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT WORK LIFE BALANCE

Oct 12, 2021 - Field Claims Support Representative in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture Good work life balance Opportunities for growth Mentorship program

Cons

Can be disorganized at times

Human Resources Assistant

We’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time with Grange! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate people.

3. 4.0

Great culture

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and everyone does seem to care.

Cons

Always seems like management is penny pinching

Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate you sharing about your experience at Grange and will share this with the appropriate people.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

I’d think long and hard before joining this group

Dec 3, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager (TSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Descent pay, ample free time

Cons

Damaging management, dismal leadership, absent leadership, zero collaboration, constant changes in personnel, clueless goal setting, tone deaf to what’s really going on, not a team atmosphere, utter confusion.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Great Place to work and Thrive

Oct 11, 2021 - Commercial Lines Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve chosen to make a career at Grange because there continues to be opportunity for engagement, growth, development. I value the work that I do and feel my diverse contributions I bring are adding value to our organization, our customers, and our community. On National Coming Out Day – I’m glad to be a member of the Grange Team and look forward to a bigger and bolder future. If you’re a member of the LGBTQ community and have a talented spirit, I highly encourage you to look into Grange and BE OUT with us!

Cons

We are fairly young in our D&I journey. In our current post pandemic work enviroment, we must learn new ways to connect, engage, and celebrate the diversity within our teams.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experiences, especially as they relate to our D&I initiatives at Grange! We are happy to hear you feel valued and supported, especially as a long-time Grange associate. We will share this feedback with the appropriate people.

6. 4.0

Overall good company

Oct 25, 2021 - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with work from home vs hybrid from a time management and scheduling standpoint. Management seems to listen to concerns but will depend on department. Leadership takes ownership when there are issues and works to fix them.

Cons

No stipend to buy items for your home office since associates have been forced to work from home. Health insurance plan has a really high deductible, but that could be most places these days.

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experiences with Grange! We’ll make sure to share this feedback with the appropriate people. If you have technology needs for your home office, please speak with your manager. Additionally, Grange partners with a variety of vendors to offer discounts to associates that will help you work more comfortably and efficiently from home. Learn more on the Loop or HR Connect.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company!

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership communicates very well. Very talented associates and forward thinking especially for size of the company. Makes the necessary difficult decisions but treats associates very fair.

Cons

Really cares about associates but can continue to be more creative in associate development and benefit offerings. Confident management will.

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experiences at Grange and for being a long-time associate. We’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time here! We will make sure to share this feedback with the appropriate people.

8. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Oct 1, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented with work from home options

Cons

Compensation levels just below mid point

Human Resources Assistant

We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your time with Grange! Please note that each position is regularly reviewed and assigned a salary grade based on the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required as compared to current, position-specific market data. Individual salary levels within the assigned salary grade are based on many factors, including experience and performance levels. If you have questions about this process, please contact your HR Business Partner.

9. 4.0

Company Review

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to network, innovative, never a dull moment.

Cons

Not much room for mid-level career progression

Human Resources Assistant

We’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time at Grange. We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the appropriate people.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company who cares for their employees

Sep 13, 2021 - Legal Secretary in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Grange listens to their employees and actually car what they have to say. They maintained great contact and flexibility during the ongoing pandemic.

Cons

Health insurance options are not great

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear you’ve felt supported during your time at Grange, especially during the pandemic. We’ll share your feedback with the appropriate people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 228 Reviews