Grange Reviews | Glassdoor

Grange CEO Heather Ryan
Heather Ryan

"Former employee"

Former Employee - After Sales Customer Service - I * in New York, NY

I worked at Grange for more than a year

Pros

Great people!! Very much enjoyed working there

Cons

Parent company was sold, don't know the future of the company

2. "Sales"

I worked at Grange full-time

Pros

Reasonably priced product, good value, traditional French style updated for contemporary living. Finish choices are substantial so every piece has a custom component to it. Lead times are reasonable.

Cons

Management could have been more receptive to the actual day-to-day challenges of running the business and the needs of the various US markets.

Advice to Management

Managing the business also means managing people. By encouraging a fair and even-handed culture where all may succeed, it empowers all employees not just a select few. Strengths should be coached and developed. Ignoring negative behaviors only emboldens and creates an unproductive atmosphere. Absentee management doesn't work.

3. "Former Claims"

I worked at Grange full-time

Pros

Onsite gym, free parking, overall good culture/great people. Great benefits.

Cons

Work environment in some areas, advancement limited.

Advice to Management

None.

4. "Great product, classic design, good quality. Challenges in communication and execution."

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Grange

Pros

Established company, over 100 years old. Great benefits as they're French. Good discount. Good clients, established brand. Good delivery's considering merchandise made in France.

Cons

Too many changes in senior management in 10 years. Need better policys & proceedures. Need matching 401K. Better computer systems.

Advice to Management

Need to be more supportive of all staff. Need to be more consistent in management style. Have a regular routine of visits to showrooms.

5. "The place was overall very negative, the people did not seem happy to work there"

Former Employee - Showroom Manager in

I worked at Grange

Pros

It was a good learning experience in the industry and I was able to learn a lot about the company

Cons

There people seemed to care only of themselves and not of others. It was not a fun place to work.

Advice to Management

I wish they were able to offer more growth opportunities. If not, they should at least not force the workers to be there way after hours when it truly wasn't benefiting them.

Found 5 reviews