Granite Telecommunications Regional Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Granite Telecommunications Regional Account Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2020

3.6
Granite Telecommunications CEO Rob Hale Jr. (no image)
Rob Hale Jr.
  1. Featured Review

"Hard work gets rewarded"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

accessibility of higher ups. At Granite I have had the support to take my ideas and run with them. Our CEO Rob Hale is regularly available for anything you need and extremely generous

Cons

Its not an easy job. You have the opportunity to make lots of money if you work hard but to many people coast on the salary and get left behind

Advice to Management

Reward the sales process not just the finished sale

Granite Telecommunications2019-03-14
  2. "Overall a great sales company with great leadership"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, location, culture, sales cycle, products offered are at the best prices on the market and are core business requirements. Overall a great company with great products and great prices.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the dress code

Granite Telecommunications2020-01-07
  3. "Great earnings potential"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great commission structure, work environment, CEO cares about his employees

Cons

Not many, great work place

Granite Telecommunications2019-11-29

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Providence, RI

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

good "boot camp" like experience

Cons

pipe dreams, micro management, change everywhere you look, unrealistic goals- the list goes on and on. They work you for the last pint of blood in your body.

Advice to Management

Get it together

Granite Telecommunications2019-09-23
  5. "Not Perfect - But Rewarded for Hard Work - with co for 4.5 yrs"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very competitive - Commissions are too. They offer 50% match on 401K - Thats an additional 9K free money! Insurance is shared and seems petty fair for a great BCBS plan. In West Palm Beach, we have a great team and continue to grow. They offer a lot of paid time off....also run contest to get additional days around holidays! We have a great wholesale offering....which certainly helps

Cons

It's tough to dial for dollars all day....and in some instances wish we were a bit more competitive.

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-27

"Fake reviews, Frat house, unprofessional, you don’t get paid on the deals you sell, sexual harassment"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary for account managers is good especially straight out of school. Compensation plan sounds good but you may never be paid on anything. It’s a frat house... you like having fun, being in a unprofessional environment, and doing whatever you want— come here.

Cons

Must dress in suit/tie to sit at your desk all day with zero customer facing. College education shouldn’t be a requirement. It doesn’t take an educated person to make 100 cold calls a day. I feel bad for any woman who has worked here or has in the past. I wouldn’t allow my wife to work here as it is disgusting how women are treated. Even industry directors will talk down to these women. Senior people are praised for selling one deal and then splitting everything else to just ride the coat tails of others. Hilarious to hear them on the phone try to make a cold call when they’ve never had to. Can’t email leads as this company is completely old school.

Advice to Management

Change the environment to a professional workplace. Talk to senior reps about sexual harassment. Lower the number of calls you want people to make and focus on talk time/quality of calls. THIS PLACE IS FOR CHILDREN, NOT GROWN ADULTS.

Granite Telecommunications2019-04-25

"Should have been called telemarketer"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good employee benefits package

Cons

High pressure, long hours, abusive oversight

Granite Telecommunications2019-02-01
  8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

High Volume of Cash Flow, RVP Cares about employees and wants them to succeed great Morale around the office. CEO Handing out Checks constantly. Saw checks over $60,000. Co Workers very helpful and useful when it comes to projects for customers. Smaller office but more attention to improving the skill set of the reps.

Cons

This Job is a high effort high reward type job takes long hours but easy money once in the role for over a year.

Advice to Management

Be creative with Reps when it comes to training. Otherwise very good.

Granite Telecommunications2018-11-28

"DO NOT COME HERE"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can win extra days off and there are company bonuses

Cons

Micromanaged, disorganized, no communication between management, high turnover, duplicated leads, and product is faulty. Many people's deals fall through due to an issue on the sales operations side so you don't get paid out on half of the things you sell.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they tell you they are unhappy about things. You have a high turnover for a reason.

Granite Telecommunications2018-10-25

"Great to get your feet wet in sales, horrible in every other way."

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a base salary and two weeks of "training" in Boston. Great as someone who's never had a sales job, teaches you complete objection.

Cons

So, the "real" product is plain telephone lines (POTS), specifically from AT&T which you convert to "GRANITE" and you're able to make a commission on that. Most business that need these lines are already signed up. The future is wireless (well not the present) and Granite sells people saying that they are able to get the same discounts. In reality, you're not able to help people. So you're calling C level executives, lying to them to get a meeting to then get invoices & reports to realize that you can't save them any money. If you happen to find a business who has AT&T POTS, then you're able to con them into putting all their telecom with you. The operations team doesn't know what they are doing and there is no communication.

Advice to Management

restructure what your product is and invest in your people instead of a assembly line of telemarketing.

Granite Telecommunications2018-09-07