Granite Telecommunications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Rob Hale Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free Gym & discounts for select stores & services, amongst other perks (in 22 reviews)

• Great people, willing to help you learn the processes (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • UPPER MANAGEMENT has only a few what I (in 25 reviews)

• not flexible hours/cannot work from home (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"RAM"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I loved working at Granite. The position is hard but will be worth it in the long run. Outside circumstances led me to leave but the culture in the WPB Sales office was outstanding, and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The VP of sales there keeps up the morale, which if you work in sales, you know is crucial. Excellent benefits, perks, and base. Aggressive incentives.

Cons

The first few months/year there will be very taxing. Your shift ends at 5 but if you want to get ahead that's not enough. Make sure you're in a place in your life where you you can devote a full first year to eat, sleep, breath Granite.

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement and encouragement go a long way. When motivating a team focus on the positives instead of the roadblocks and potential pitfalls. Keep up the Lunch and Learns, that was helpful.

Granite Telecommunications Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Social Media & Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your great feedback. We are really happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with Granite.

2. "data repair"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

has a very young work culture

Cons

communication with management team, ideas co-inside with each other

3. "Not bad, some managers are bullies"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Depending on the team, great people to work with.
    Casual Fridays - if you contribute to a charity
    Fast paced
    Company doing well financially
    Location close to Downtown Boston

Cons

Some managers are bullies - threaten employees instead of encouraging.
    Formal dress code - ties for men
    CEO 's views on New England winters - just leave home early! What about people with kids?

Advice to Management

Relax. Treating employees like humans instead of slaves might get better results. Not everyone needs to wear a tie.

4. "Premier Account Analyst"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Great place to get after college professional experience. If your break out of the pack early on there is room to grow up.

Cons

High turn over rate, higher ups will work you as hard as they can for little in return. If you get a good supervisor there is room for growth, but if not then you will have to do flips for raises or promotions.

Advice to Management

Stop out selling your company. Operations side cannot keep up with the growth of sales.

"Extension of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Pros

Granite has a very young culture and mostly everyone is very friendly. It literally feels like an extension to college before 'real' work starts. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Unless you are a supervisor your pay probably won't allow you to live out on your own. SO... as you're driving out of your parents driveway it feels like you're going to school that you are getting paid to attend. You must be in your seat to clock in at 8, out at 12, in at 1, out at 5. Again, its a young culture with everyone rushing around at the exact same time. All thats missing are the school bells!

Pros:
    Young, school-ish (also a con)
    Friendly people
    Extracurricular activities
    On site gym, food ($$ though)
    Full hour for lunch- I didn't like it at first, however, the more time I spend there the more I find I need that hour to break out of the building for a while.
    They do acknowledge employee accomplishments at meetings, although seems disingenuous at times.
    Rob Hale seems like a nice enough guy
    Gives a LOT of money to charity

Cons

The pay is low. They have you start out as a temp for 3 months, then you interview again to go full-time (<-2 cons here) and if you go full time your pay goes up all of 75 cents per hour~! I don't know how my coworkers can afford to live in the city off the pay. They must have their parents help because like 2 weeks of your pay would go to paying rent let alone other costs... Very depressing.

The parking lot. You probably won't get out of the parking lot till 5:15-5:20 if you walk away from your desk at 5. If you don't get into the parking lot before 7:50 AM at the latest have fun finding their other mystery parking lot that they never actually show you. Get ready to turn on the aggression. And it's awkward because like.. you work with these people!

Haven't gotten to this situation yet but supposedly you must come into work while there is a state of emergency snow storm- even though you have the absolute most boring pointless desk job one could imagine. Coming in to sit at your cube matters more than your safety, health, general well-being, life. Nice! You could absolutely do your job at home but nope, again, your life apparently is worth less.

Everything is so outdated I feel like I'm in a sarcastic tv show about office life.

Telecom is beyond disengaging.

I'm sure I'll have more cons after time.

Advice to Management

Bump up salaries. There is constant bragging about the amount of money the company is worth so why are most salaries listed in the high $30,000s... that's not livable.

6. "Project Coordinator"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Great people, willing to help you learn the processes

Cons

Sales does whatever they want which can leave a bad taste in a customers mouth

7. "Operations"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Granite is a philanthropic company which not only takes care of it's community but employees health and well being. Granite has a fitness area, yoga classes and sports teams so you can relive your youth. Granite also, has great health benefits and occasional incentive bonuses for the entire company.

Cons

Not much flexibility in work schedule

8. "Regional Account Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commission plan, great environments, great culture, one of the best sales environments I have ever been in.

Cons

Jealousy and sales lead might become stolen. Fights between branches

Advice to Management

More pipeline reviews

9. "Granite Telcom"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for! CEO and all upper management are very approachable. The company is very focused of health and wellness of employees as well as super philanthropic.

Cons

not flexible hours/cannot work from home.

10. "Great for recent Graduates"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place for someone starting out who needs job experience.

Cons

Doesn't like to pay more for experience, if you have been at the company for a while your pay will not reflect it and can definitely make more money at other companies in the same role