Granite Telecommunications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2019

Found 517 reviews

3.1
Rob Hale Jr.
Pros
  • "Convenient location, free gym on-site, can be a stepping stone(in 29 reviews)

• "Generous company with lots of great people(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management needs to show more love for lower level employees(in 38 reviews)

• "The place is like high school and you are treated like such(in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work gets rewarded"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

accessibility of higher ups. At Granite I have had the support to take my ideas and run with them. Our CEO Rob Hale is regularly available for anything you need and extremely generous

Cons

Its not an easy job. You have the opportunity to make lots of money if you work hard but to many people coast on the salary and get left behind

Advice to Management

Reward the sales process not just the finished sale

Granite Telecommunications2019-03-14
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Premier Data Support Analyst in Quincy, MA

Pros

The fitness programs and sports are a great way to get to know people. Big focus on health.

Cons

Sometimes processes are unclear/disorganized, but it’s because technology is always changing.

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-07

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your input is greatly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at Granite. If you have any further feedback please connect with our Talent Management Team.

3. "Great place to start"

Pros

Good bonuses and free outings

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-23
  4. "Great company culture and nice people"

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Very friendly and nice co-workers

Cons

Sometimes have quite high work pressure

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-16

"Good first job"

Current Employee - Cost Analyst

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are the best part, my coworkers feel like family

Cons

Management does not communicate at all with non-management, we find out everything on the floor

Advice to Management

Communicate better with the employees

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-25

"Good for Entry-Level"

Former Employee - Mobility Representative in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Standard benefit and PTO. Depends on the team you start, most people are nice to work with, but if you are unlucky, you would have to suffer from your supervisor or manager. Free snacks an coffee sometimes. Additional day-off available if the sale teams beat the goals which they usually set up high.

Cons

Bad culture of company, always focuses on sales, only a reseller of phone lines and internet services, etc. You will get tired working for over a year or so. Not much room to grow and if you want to make an internal transfer, you have to be at least a team lead or supervisor. They make it hard for talented people to grow. This is sad.

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-23
  7. "Decent job for college grads"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Company works to promote community through events for staff and families, rewards provided to staff such as lunches and additional days off for meeting performance goals

Cons

You may feel diminished by the sea of cubicles

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-08

July 9, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your input. Should you have any further feedback, please connect with the Talent Management Team.

"Growth Without Balance"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Quincy, MA

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can grow both laterally and vertically. The company provides plently incentive to grow with them; provided you give them your all.

Cons

Middle management and micromanagement. "Training" is lackluster and rushed. They're more concerned with filing the space with warm bodies as opposed to qualified employees. No life/work balance whatsoever. Sales is king. Be prepared to give the world to them whenever asked. Believe what others say in other comments and reviews. They're true to a T.

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees. Don't rely heavily on nepotism; blatent favoritism. Don't hire everyone for the sake of filling spots. It creates more work for everyone involved.

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-09
  9. "Not Perfect - But Rewarded for Hard Work - with co for 4.5 yrs"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Pay is very competitive - Commissions are too. They offer 50% match on 401K - Thats an additional 9K free money! Insurance is shared and seems petty fair for a great BCBS plan. In West Palm Beach, we have a great team and continue to grow. They offer a lot of paid time off....also run contest to get additional days around holidays! We have a great wholesale offering....which certainly helps

Cons

It's tough to dial for dollars all day....and in some instances wish we were a bit more competitive.

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-27

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear about your experience. If you have any further feedback please connect with our Talent Management Team.

10. "Okay"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time

Pros

High base salary with commission

Cons

Management could be more communicative

Granite Telecommunications2019-07-01