Granite Telecommunications Reviews | Glassdoor

Granite Telecommunications Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2020

3.1
Granite Telecommunications CEO Rob Hale Jr. (no image)
Rob Hale Jr.
  1. "Overall a great sales company with great leadership"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, location, culture, sales cycle, products offered are at the best prices on the market and are core business requirements. Overall a great company with great products and great prices.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the dress code

Granite Telecommunications2020-01-07
  2. "Good starting job"

Current Employee - Financial Administrator in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Definitely a good company to get your career started at; most of my coworkers have been here 3+ years and said it was their first "real" job out of college. Upper management is very good, very philanthropic bunch of people. The company overall is growing while similar companies in the industry are going under, and while the pay isn't the best (kind of low for the area to be honest) the benefits are pretty good. HSA account and health insurance, a basic life insurance policy, and 16 days PTO right off the bat. Business casual dress code, free gym access, work from home (two days a month), once in a blue moon you can bring your dog to work (definitely not a common occurrence but fun when it happens). Voted the most charitable company in Boston and you get 8 hours paid volunteer time per year. For the most part you have opportunities to expand your skill set. Day-to-day isn't typically stressful and coworkers are all friendly. I definitely recommend this company.

Cons

Lower than average pay for the area, not a lot of structure as the company is growing and job duties are currently switching from team to team/department to department (to be expected though). Sometimes met with resistance when requesting training to expand upon skill set.

Granite Telecommunications2020-01-07
  3. "Relationship Development Manager, Plymouth Meeting"

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications

Pros

In my opinion, the best solution sales/account management role I’ve ever had. & should mention too: I had no product knowledge or could really tell you what ‘telecommunications’ meant when starting. Just wasn’t my focus in previous roles. ..but that wasn’t a problem for Granite :) Nobody: Granite: But can you sell though?? Are you coachable, or nah? In terms of Culture — We’ve got a hard working, diverse, really smart and fun team & we certainly work hard , but also don’t forget to have our fun playing hard too. A healthy level of competition to motivate the teams to keep us striving for more. Holiday parties and team outings are also a bonus. We genuinely all get along and celebrate each other’s wins. Friends really become family @ Granite In terms of Support/Training — Granite University is the first stop when you start. Who is Granite, What is Telecom, basically a Granite 101 to build the foundation of understanding & then coming back to the home office to shadow and learn from the team first hand. I think that the ongoing training is a huge Pro for me. Even with experience now, I love that Granite works to help keep you as on top of your ish as you wanna be. the Mentor/Mentee assignment is a good one too. Partnering a newer person with a tenured one, to help the newer person ramp up faster. What a freaking help! Management — RVP is a telecom leader of 20+ years. Marc is a great resource of knowledge and coaching & busting chops lol & Director Eric, SAME. A duo I’m proud to be guided by Great leaders. Coaches that will challenge your way of thinking, in the best way. We all make silly excuses sometimes, right? These two have the approach of guiding you with sincerity + positivity to help you challenge your own damn self. They have your back & it’s something that I appreciate very much from Granite. Dat Paycheck Tho — Base + Commission which is uncapped. Sky is sincerely the limit and driven by your own work ethic. I love that my effort is parallel to that paycheckkkk . By 18 months into Granite, my W2 literally TRIPLED from my previous job. $3x?!? Ya kiddin me? Day to Day — Existing customer base is a big Pro for me. Not cold calling . I find pride personally in the opportunity to interact with the C Suite at Fortune 500 companies, which then ultimately impacts the way a whole business is run. Oh, you own the place? Let’s talk Mr. CEO. 8-5 is nice. Hour for lunch is *VERY* nice (food is a solid priority, lets be honest guys) I know you’re reading a review just for the lunch policy. It’s fine. Totally acceptable. Having a Premier team. RDM is a sales role, relationship building. The Premier team assigned to each of our accounts are responsible for the operations-esque requests, freeing you up to just keep swimming Oh! Last thing. Comp plan is clear, transparent, plain black & white. Easy to understand and use as a guide for our own goals. Love that the most!!

Cons

I think that every single sales job can be hard/tough at times, right? But sales in general aside- Granite could do a better job sometimes at educating the operations and provisioning teams a bit sooner/faster on implementation process of a newer or revamped product so that as we roll out & Sales goes pedal to the metal, we are all aligned a little tighter. — this honestly is pretty minor & not frequent, just being transparent Very recently Rob (CEO) decided that Business Casual and work from home at times was a great move! So, I would have put that here too about 2 months ago.

Granite Telecommunications2019-12-21
  4. "Great earnings potential"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great commission structure, work environment, CEO cares about his employees

Cons

Not many, great work place

Granite Telecommunications2019-11-29
  5. "Exciting, fast pace, philanthropic"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Health, 401k, work from home.

Cons

The HQ has heavy traffic

Granite Telecommunications2019-11-20
  6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Premier Data Support Analyst in Quincy, MA

Pros

The fitness programs and sports are a great way to get to know people. Big focus on health.

Cons

Sometimes processes are unclear/disorganized, but it’s because technology is always changing.

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-07

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your input is greatly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at Granite. If you have any further feedback please connect with our Talent Management Team.

7. "Granite Telecommunications"

Current Employee - Team Lead

Pros

Granite is a great place to work for both entry level and experienced employees. Working at Granite has provided many opportunities for growth within the company.

Cons

I have not had any poor workplace experiences while working for Granite.

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-07

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at Granite. If you would like to provide any further insight, please connect with our Talent Management Team.

8. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Account Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Granite Telecommunications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and very charitable !

Cons

None I can think of

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-06
  9. "a"

Current Employee - RAM in Lincoln, RI

Pros

you can make a lot of money if your deals arent stolen by higher up reps

Cons

to strict of a company. no work from home

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-06

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to connect with the Talent Management Team to share more about your experience.

Continue reading
  10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Premier Data Analyst in Quincy, MA

Pros

Great cultural environment - CEO really cares about employees and the community

Cons

The culture is not as modern and flexible as many people would prefer, but it works for the customers and as long as you understand this, it's fine!

Granite Telecommunications2019-06-05

June 27, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate hearing your insight in regards to our company culture, and are happy that you are enjoying your experience here at Granite. If you'd like to provide further feedback please connect with our Talent Management Team.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 553 reviews