Grant Street Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Myles Harrington

"Great Internship Experience"

Pros

The company culture at GSG is outstanding, and everyone is tremendously helpful. I was constantly blown away by the skill, intelligence, and dedication of my coworkers. The work environment is relaxed, and I felt motivated to do my best instead of pressure to pump out work by a certain deadline. It was also easy to see that GSG genuinely cares about employees.

Cons

There's a lot to learn, so you're bound to feel lost at times. That can create some stress, but the great support structure is really helpful here.

Advice to Management

Be sure to continue to focus on maintaining the strong company culture and great work environment as GSG continues to grow.

2. "Business Analyst"

I worked at Grant Street Group full-time

Pros

Great Co-workers who are highly intelligent and motivated.

Cons

The pay is not spectacular, they put too much emphasis on year end bonuses as part of the compensation package.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to figure out who should be in which roles

3. "Modern technology, great atmosphere"

Pros

- Uses modern technologies for their software development
    - Great company atmosphere (free food, events, picnics, conferences, etc.)

Cons

- The only downside that you might see is that they use Perl as their primary language. It is not the most popular language, but it is easy to pick up.

5. "Great culture, smart coworkers, and challenging work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Grant Street Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are intelligent, talented, interesting people who are happy to help and enjoy collaboration. The work is challenging and there's always a new problem to be solved. The culture is awesome- we work hard, set our bars high, and take pride in contributing to the company's success. The company values employees and recognizes high performance. I couldn't imagine a better place to work!

Cons

There's a lot of work to be done, which can sometimes lead to long hours. The company values good work/life balance so it rarely gets to be too much.

Advice to Management

Management is great - keep working hard to maintain the strong culture.

6. "Good internship experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Grant Street Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Devs are helpful and responsive when running into issues. The large amount of remote staff is a little odd, but doesn't really negatively affect work.

Cons

Working only through SSH (no truly local code) can be a bit of a drag, though this is only really true for web projects and doesn't hold when local development is a must.

On-boarding process is a little disorganized/incomplete since you'll be missing access to a lot fundamental things at the beginning.

"Good Small Company with Good Growth"

Pros

Good company culture, responsible and competent management. All of my coworkers really liked what they did, and worked hard at it. Also, everyone was willing to help each other out when needed.

Cons

The company did not have the best events for younger workers. They were more geared towards the older ones with families.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Also, as the company grows, try to keep the small company culture and feel.

"Good company with great people"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Grant Street Group full-time

Pros

Everyone is nice and pleasant to work with. I feel motivated to work hard instead of pressure.

Cons

You often are working with legacy code that is literally old or has old coding practices.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty good.

"Wow - a breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great management team, strong, company culture, competitive salary + bonus, fast-paced, and very intelligent co-workers. Free food and great events never hurt too :)

People at Grant Street are the opposite of what you see at large companies (folks who are collecting paychecks). GSG employees are high performers who legitimately have pride in what they do. There aren't many "slackers", which makes for a great work environment.

Cons

Interview process can drag on for weeks, long hours

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.. this company is a breath of fresh air compared to prior companies that I've worked for.

"Administrative Assistant - Human Resources"

Pros

A fun and generous working environment that promotes collaboration and communication.

Cons

We work hard - but our hard work is recognized by Management

11. "Grant Street Group tries to hire the best employees, sets high expectations, and rewards high performers."

Current Employee - Perl Developer
    Current Employee - Perl Developer

I have been working at Grant Street Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GSG offers pretty good compensation, great bonuses, and has a history of healthy growth, constantly getting new clients, retaining old clients. They value their employees as their most valuable assets, and have a high regard for human beings in general.

Cons

Because GSG views its success as a function of the success of each individual contributor (which I view as a positive thing), it sets a very high bar for performance. As a result, the hiring process and first few weeks on the job can be quite stressful, as new employees are expected to come up-to-speed very quickly.