Grant Thornton Ireland Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 57 reviews

2.8
Michael McAteer
Pros
Cons
  • "No work life balance, salary lower than market rate(in 6 reviews)

• "Poor management, bullying is rife and little to nothing is done when addressed, long hours and turn over is high(in 9 reviews)

1. "Worked for the competitors, Grant Thornton has been the best place to really land"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than a year

Pros

People. Can't say enough about how nice people are in the Chicago office. I've worked at other big public accounting firms, and the people here are really what make this firm different. I can't speak for the other offices, but the Chicago office has been really great so far.

Cons

None of far that I would consider note-worthy compared to its competitors

"Grant Thornton Healthcare Practice HCAP"

I worked at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

GT is looking to increase its market penetration and brand awareness on the consulting/advisory side. This provides opportunities to contribute toward business development initiatives and identify new opportunities for services. The firm’s culture is pleasant and collaborative, it has a high focus on organic growth. Colleagues for the most part are intelligent and driven.

Cons

Within HCAP (healthcare advisory), a team of about 40 consultants, leadership seems a bit lost. The group does not have a strategic plan or direction to compete against larger firms. Salary is market competitive but bonuses are on the low end due to the overall financial performance of the firm. Human resource support for consulting basics like travel booking, time logging, corporate cards, and cell phone is very poor....

Advice to Management

Develop a business strategy Firm up your internal capabilities to support consultants Refine structure for setting goals and personnel development

"Absolutely awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Money and pto is not bad.

Cons

It only matters who you know and who you brown nose. they do not appreciate your hard work, dedication and knowledge that you bring to work. Management does not care who does what, they just care about the job getting done and they get a promotion.

Advice to Management

please appreciate your employees or they will all go away.

"Beware"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than a year

Pros

A steady paycheck or a source of income.

Cons

Grant Thornton is not what I would consider on the same level as the Big 4. If you do your research, they have tons of lawsuits brought against them. Also, they are really sneaky in extending a job offer, in the end they would lowball you. They also have the most intrusive background check, you almost feel like you are running for public office. In the end, they do not have respect for your privacy and it's really...

5. "Winter Auditor Intern"

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland

Pros

Grant Thornton is a great firm

Cons

I think it still needs more diversity

"Former GT Employee review"

I worked at Grant Thornton Ireland

Pros

Internships are fantastic there. The pay and experience was great.

Cons

Permanent full time positions are stagnant and do not advance to most employee's satisfaction

Advice to Management

Focus more attention to the new hires and make sure they are getting the experience they should be getting.

• "great"

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland

Pros

awesome career opportunities if you work

Cons

sucks if you don't like long hours

• "Outstanding! Long hours (to be expected in public accounting), but the firm was top-notch!"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people. They were some of the brightest, kindest and most talented people I could have ever hoped to worked with. They taught me so much, and really made the long hours bearable. I consider many my friends (not just networking contacts) even after leaving.

Cons

When I was there, they may have been a bit understaffed at the Associate/Senior Associate level, but this was also not long after the 2008-2009 general economic implosion. I think most firms were cautious about they're hiring during the subsequent couple years.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- a part of me wishes I was still there!

• "Experience is great"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Experience and the people. There is always work to do. The CPE is very easy to get.

Cons

Each office operates as if it is a different firm. The tools are the same from office to office but office structure, scheduling, and annual reviews are done differently.

"Extreme hours and travel time. If you break it down to an hourly rate, its probably less than $15."

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Grant Thornton Ireland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Public accounting experience is always key

Cons

Not as prestigious as Big 4 Too many hours for the meager pay Public accounting is the stealer of souls

Advice to Management

You made it this far, might as well keep screwing the little man.

Found 57 reviews