Grantham University Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

3.3
Grantham University  TitleInterim President Lindsay Bridgeman (no image)
Lindsay Bridgeman
0 Rating
Pros
  • "There are tons of great people, and many of them care about their students(in 7 reviews)

• "Flexible work schedule, great benefits, awesome people to work with, and best of all, caring for students(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "National accreditation, for-profit(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of turnover at both the upper management and the employee level(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great School to work for!

Feb 23, 2021 - University Outreach Representative in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, remote work, friendly staff.

Cons

Leadership turnover has been high over the past 5 years.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Institution, Great Programs, Great People!!!

Jan 5, 2021 - University Outreach in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, realistic expectations. Grantham cares about its students, first and foremost, and its people that make things happen. As an employee, the supervisors care about work/life balance, and as a student, the instructors are focused on learning, the programs are realistic and up to date, and the Student Advisors care about their students and work hard to keep them motivated. The goal of the University is to create an educated workforce and support successful people. Grantham is Institutionally accredited and programs are Programmatically accredited, which is huge when seeking employment.

Cons

Grantham is accredited institutionally and programmatically. Unfortunately, other schools continue to chirp into potential student's ears that Regional vs. National Accreditation is the only thing that matters, so Grantham battles the misconception that Regional is somehow better than National accreditation (it's not), and their Programmatic Accreditation is overlooked in that conversation, far too often. Finally, the "for-profit" stigma in education. At what point has the phrase "for-profit" become something bad in America? Employers are overwhelmingly "for-profit", so why is an educational institution somehow bad for having the same business model? It's too bad, and Grantham (and many other great educational institutions) will have to battle the ridiculous notion that education can only be provided by government run institutions.

Grantham University Response

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments. We will continue our goal of focusing on our mission by providing quality, accessible, professionally relevant programs in a continuously changing global society. Grantham Human Resources

3. 2.0

Just okay..

Oct 29, 2020 - Student Enrollment
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting pay, Decent benefits, Great teams to work in and co-workers who make the experience of working here better, & Flexible-ish work schedule options.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, Fast paced call-center type of environment, VERY Sales focused, Lack of job growth, Complete lack of IT Support Services for Students which makes student facing positions (Admissions Reps and Student Advisors) much more difficult, Performance based off of how well students do in classes and stay in classes, very high turn-over rates (especially for Admissions Reps), & constant policy changes/initiatives.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. We agree Grantham University offers competitive salaries and health & wellness benefits. At Grantham University we are committed to providing quality support to our students, by being readily available to them and adjusting our policies and procedures to conform to the ever-changing landscape of higher education. We appreciate your comments related to job growth and IT support and our hope is that you shared these specific concerns during your tenure at Grantham so that we may address. Our goal at Grantham University is to ensure it is a place where employees love to come to work and students love to learn. - Grantham University Human Resources

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I enjoyed it

Mar 25, 2021 - Admissions Representative in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with

Cons

Calling so many people a day that didn’t really want to go to school

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Under no circumstances should you ever work here

Feb 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Anyone in management is completely incompetent.

Cons

Too many to list. Seriously. They will lie to you, mislead you, tell you that you are doing great, and then eliminate you, and your entire department at the end of the year to meet budget numbers for the board. Oh, a board you say? Yeah, this is a private company that sells “education”, not an actual university. All they ultimately care about is doing whatever it takes to put that sweet sweet cash in the pockets of the owner and the board, and if that isn’t happening as much as the owner or board would like, then that’s really sad for you because you’ll be fired. They would sell students malware and tell them it was a required software for their classes if they thought it would make them money. They don’t care about you, or the students. All that matters is money.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It is what you make it

Mar 29, 2021 - Admissions Representative in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to go to school for free Pay 1 hr lunch break

Cons

Job duties changes monthly High turnover rate

7. 4.0

Enjoyable work environment

Feb 16, 2021 - Student Advisor in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers, the environment, the people.

Cons

Depending on your manager, can be micromanaged.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok to learn the online instruction environment

Mar 22, 2021 - Adjunct Instructor in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn how to navigate the remote learning environment.

Cons

They will tell you how great you are, but once you begin to hold the students accountable, you will be sent down the road. If you don’t mind being a grading puppet then this is the place for you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Jan 21, 2021 - Infrastructure Engineer in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is employee and student-focused. Everyone works together to get the job done and help each other out.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

10. 3.0

Call center 100%

Mar 2, 2021 - Admissions Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, location, cool convenience store in office

Cons

Hours, management only cares about howuch you work.

1 person found this review helpful