Granular Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Granular Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2018

5.0
Granular Co-Founder and CEO Sid Gorham (no image)
Sid Gorham

"Transforming the Business of Farming"

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

- We are extremely transparent throughout the entire organization, which provides inherent accountability and recognition - Competitive compensation and benefits - Fantastic leadership team - Incredibly smart co-workers who are always available to answer questions and collaborate to find solutions

Cons

- Natural growing pains of a scaling company (IT systems, revamping internal processes, etc.)

Advice to Management

Remain focused on our customer's needs, and dedicated to our core values and mission.

Granular2018-06-06

"Wicked smart humans on a mission"

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

The PEOPLE are some of the nicest humans I have ever been around, wicked smart, and all genuinely passionate about their customers and the industry. Teamwork is a core part of the business, and colleagues from different parts of the company are willing and eager to collaborate to help provide the best experience for our clients. This company is on a MISSION to change the farming industry for the better and to make tools that work effectively for farmers - it's exciting to see everyone so eager to drive this company/product/our clients business's forward. The BENEFITS are amazing - great pay, great time-off, and I love the ability to work remote if need be. I also love the overall management style (no micro-management here).

Cons

The onboarding process is self-lead for the most part - if you have questions, reach out to helpful colleagues! A lot of internal tools employees have access to = a lot of internal tools to learn. Again, helpful coworkers make this more manageable. Teams spread out between 3 cities limits some in-person collaboration, but its not as bad as you would think - I meet up with colleagues from different offices every-other-month so far, am in constant communication through Slack, and in video meetings to make the distance less of an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - your employees and customers love the direction this company is headed!

Granular2018-02-12

"Fast paced and fun culture"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Role is very autonomous and we are not micro-managed. Love the "see something, say something" attitude that we have and enjoy the fast-paced environment. You won't get bored!

Cons

Not a whole lot of process yet (company is young), which is good but can be frustrating at times.

Granular2017-04-13

"Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, motivated intelligent people, purpose-driven work, your extra efforts are quickly recognized and rewarded, shared sense of success

Cons

Demanding company life stage

Granular2017-04-13

"Sales and Customer Success - Well-run company, Interesting work, Enjoyable challenge"

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Granular is on the leading edge of software and analytics in agriculture. Great team. Talented people working with purpose and on a mission. Get to interact with high level farmers everyday. The company is going to keep growing, so the job evolves and there is lots of room for increased responsibility over time. The culture is a unique blend of Silicon Valley startup and Rural America production agriculture.

Cons

Have to be willing to work with uncertainty and change. The business is adapting every day. There is not a known process for every job. Sometimes it's on you to "figure it out". There is a good amount of training, and people are always willing to help. That being said, you have to be willing to get your hands dirty and dive right into your job (with or without all the answers).

Granular2017-03-03

"Be ready for demanding and meaningful work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work life Learning lots every day Genuinely helping essential industry Mission-driven Open information flow - everyone is kept in the loop Energetic teams - do not join in if you do not have a ton of energy Sub-standard folks get dropped quickly - love that.

Cons

Very demanding workload - flexibility is there but you have to get done what needs to get done today, not tomorrow. Start up culture always feels edgy and uncertain but successes are widely shared.

Advice to Management

Keep up message of pragmatic inspiration - if we don't do this, it won't get done.

Granular2017-02-23